Sign in to follow this  
Jikul

Aermacchi MB-339 release imminent

15 hours ago, Chock said:

Bit ironic to take a subsonic jet around the Mach Loop, but it's a nice video review all the same. Looks like a pretty decent add-on.

I've never seen a video of a/c flying supersonic at the Loop? They all fly below the speed of sound at the loop. It's a training ground for low flying isn't it?

• Like 1

tpewpb-6.png

Was pleasantly surprised with this addon after the last few.

Edited by WidowsSon
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Chock said:

Bit ironic to take a subsonic jet around the Mach Loop, but it's a nice video review all the same. Looks like a pretty decent add-on.

Wouldn't be the first. There are lots of videos of C130's running the Mach Loop.

5 hours ago, RW1 said:

I've never seen a video of a/c flying supersonic at the Loop? They all fly below the speed of sound at the loop. It's a training ground for low flying isn't it?

Yup, it's only on very rare occasions that anything is allowed to break the sound barrier over the UK. So as you say it's more about low level and speed control, but that does of course mean that supersonic-capable jets with 'burners can probably accelerate faster and get around it quicker, especially in a flight sim where you can do what you like, which is what I was really referring to rather than actually busting the sound barrier over the place in reality.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Bit ironic to take a subsonic jet around the Mach Loop

"The Mach Loop in Wales, is a set of valleys, between Dolgellau, and Machynlleth (from which the Mach Loop gets its name)"

No-one goes supersonic round the Mach loop, it's not a designated supersonic area and anyway it would be suicidal...apart maybe from down the A487 to run out over Tal-y-llyn  ...

• Like 1

Just now, keithb77 said:

"The Mach Loop in Wales, is a set of valleys, between Dolgellau, and Machynlleth (from which the Mach Loop gets its name)"

No-one goes supersonic round the Mach loop, it's not a designated supersonic area and anyway it would be suicidal...apart maybe from down the A487 to run out over Tal-y-llyn  ...

I know, I live not too far from it. Been there loads of times.

I was referring to being able to do it in the sim with something which could go supersonic given the concerns about whether that would be possible on the flight model.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Back to the 339 🙂  ... very nice, only concerns for me so far is too much reflectivity / specularity on the instruments and it would be nice if the sight worked, even without weapons.

Cheers
Keith

• Like 1

This airplane for me is a replacement for my beloved Lotus L39 for FSX that I also installed in P3D v4. I hope that Dino considers the L39 but for me this is as good as it gets for MSFS 2020.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Where is the manual located?

Edited by DJJose

54 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Where is the manual located?

For me it was an extra download from Simmarket

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lupedelupe said:

Would also be nice of the mirrors could be moved/hidden: flying away from a sunrise with Bloom on is blinding. 

The sun's funny like that. I looked into it one time...Couldn't see for days!

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

1 hour ago, keithb77 said:

For me it was an extra download from Simmarket

ORBX store version is missing the manual. Sent Dino an e-mail.

Update: Dino sent me a link right away.

Edited by DJJose

Since it has been released, use the other thread for discussion.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors