Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Bonanza Turbo Mod RELEASED

Thanks so much Rob. This is another great showcase of your dedication and love of our hobby. The manual you included is top notch and also appreciated!

13 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I love it, the only thing I can't figure out are two ghost lights reflected off the wings when  flood light is on

unknown.png?width=2307&height=1298

Well spotted. I'll have to sort this out. It's a sizing mistake in the effect file. 

• Like 3

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Simply outstanding Sir - despite the visuals, I was beginning to lose interest in this new sim, and was hoping for an aircraft that would recapture my attention - many thanks for your efforts on behalf of the sim community...

Regards,

Chris B. - "Flapsdown"

Just completed my first leg.  Just an awesome Mod to my favorite plane in the sim.  Thank you for this excellent work. The flight model you can really feel the difference.  My only critique if i had one, would be the prop spin up and spin down when starting and stopping the engines.  When stopping the engine, the prop stops on a dime. 

Edited by pobee10
typo

3 minutes ago, pobee10 said:

Just completed my first leg.  Just an awesome Mod to my favorite plane in the sim.  Thank you for this excellent work. The flight model you can really feel the difference.  My only critique if i had one, would be the prop spin up and spin down when starting and stopping the engines.  When stopping the engine, the prop stops on a dime. 

Thanks for that observation. I'll see if I can slow down the prop response in an update. That will add to the ghost wing light sources too.

• Like 2

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

53 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

She flies beautifully now (flew a couple circuits)..Only thing I did different was move all the control surfaces in every direction before even turning on the battery, Not sure if that was it but it worked! Very well done, I appreciate your 150+ hours of work put into this(see I did read the second time around lol) and hats off to you..I can’t wait to take her on a small cross country flight around my area and put her through it’s paces!

Looks like the aileron/elevator pre-movement sorted it. As an experiment, if you are in dev mode and "resync" any default aircraft, if you do not immediately move the ailerons to their full extent when reloading, the elevator becomes tied to trim, so if you pull back, the trim zooms you up even more. I noticed this for three days and could not figure out why it was happening. The cycling of controls fixed it and I have not discovered any other method of curing it. It happens on the C172 too.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, flapsdown said:

Simply outstanding Sir - despite the visuals, I was beginning to lose interest in this new sim, and was hoping for an aircraft that would recapture my attention - many thanks for your efforts on behalf of the sim community...

Regards,

Chris B. - "Flapsdown"

Thanks Chris. Glad you are enjoying it.

• Like 1

Did a quick hop from KMHV to KVCV.

Great work Robert, this thing climbs like no one's business, feels great, and roundout/flare for landing was much more predictable than the stock model. 

The faster cruise speed will help me get around the world faster, and if I need to climb to get above weather I can do it.

Appreciate the detailed manual. 

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Good work!  Great to see people in the community are stepping up to make MSFS a much better experience!

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I can't get enough of this mod any chance of doing the G58 Baron next? I did notice the Bonanza performance for 65% power with the turbo upgrade is not 185kts but 166kts

• Like 1

Looking forward to finishing work later today and giving this a whirl. Thanks for creating this mod, sounds like it'll be a real Bonanza in more ways than one. 🙂

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

50440457036_73cefa2cb6_h.jpg

Thanks for the Upgrade  Had a wonderful flight tonight.. Wilmington to new Wright Bros Memorial KFFA (Vertical Sim Freebie) up to KORF Norfolk VA and over to RDU for a rest. Awesome Night

Steve

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G !!!!

All the BEST for you Rob !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thank you for this mod Robert.

I don't know what I am doing wrong but the mod seems not to be working. It shows the Bonanza cruise speed to be 204Kts.

Not seeing any of the new livery's. 

But just took off and like always even after leaning it stopped at 172 kts also should the green band go higher it stops at 170Kts.as per normal.

install screenshot

Pc-WXGCKZum.png

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip