Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

MS FS 2020 Update # 5 Now Available

17 minutes ago, SamYeager said:

Start Steam as administrator. That's what I have to do for FSX-SE which requires admin rights.

Ok, will try it, cheers

39 minutes ago, warbirds said:

i-bkw7dvv-M.png

No issues with the update for me other than many 'lost connection to server, check your internet connection' messages when playing yesterday evening (eastern time).

Of course lightning are there from few clouds still... Asobo devs, who are you ? 

Roi Ben

Ok, this is strange.

When I installed the update last night, I could boot the sim and fly. After starting my computer this morning, CTD 😞 It's happening at the same place every time, on the loading screen before getting to the main menu, at around 80%.

I removed all Community addons, unplugged my Thrustmaster (only have keyboard and mouse plugged in), and still crashing. As far as I can tell, nothing else has updated since I installed the patch...

Any ideas?

EDIT: fixed with either Nvidia driver update or uninstalling vJoy/joystick curves

Edited by nyfirefly11

For me live weather is now not working...no clouds and light winds but the atis is completely different 

For folks who are complaining about night lighting and how its not real.

We are all turning off the weather , no atmospherics with infinity visibility and then complaining how its not real. Are we expecting Asobo to bake in the atmospherics to night lighting? So we end up with  a hard coded effect of just one single day?

all it needs is addition of variable atmospherics like visibility and mist and general weather atmospheric separately as layers to the night lighting.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

15 hours ago, FrankR409 said:

Welcome to the 3090 club!

Stop boasting lol. 😁

• Upvote 1

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

1 hour ago, Tennis93 said:

For me live weather is now not working...no clouds and light winds but the atis is completely different 

Take your mask off we can't hear you. You're mumbling.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

11 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Take your mask off we can't hear you. You're mumbling.

Hehe....good one....

Maybe he should type louder? 🙂

It's AVSIM Jim, but not as we know it.

I get the Star Trek inference, and agree this is NOT the AVSIM you and I knew way back when. 😉

But to bolster the Star Trek theme...we're definitely "Going where no simmer has gone before!"  Que the theme music! 🤣

And to take off on another Trekie phrase...likened to "Dhammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer".....in our universe, we can quip "Dhammit AS, I'm a simmer, not a certified computer technician!" 

Strange how you can equate a lot of Star Trek idealisms to current flightsim norms we now have. 🙂

Edited by Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Anyone tried to fly the Carenado M20R since the update?

Pre-update, no issues with the AP.

Now it sets up but then in flight loses the Altitude & VS settings  & I can't reset them.

Also, yokes won't disappear when double clicked on. They used to.

T45

Edited by Treetops45

9 hours ago, wthomas33065 said:

I just downloaded FSUIPC 7 beta, and it appears it's quite flexible, but I don't see a user guide or manual so I'm having a hard time learning how to use that instead of the ones in MSFS.  I'd like to just let FSUIPC do all the work because it appears that MSFS can boink the controller profiles and I don't want to have to do this again.

You can get FSUIPC documentation here. https://forum.simflight.com/topic/66137-documentation/

Use the documentation for FSUIPC6, which explains the basics -- there is a User Manual and an Advanced Users Manual. In addition, with the FSUIPC7 download you should have received a spreadsheet with info on what works and what doesn't work yet because of the poor state of the MSFS2020 SDK. I expect the user documentation for FSUIPC7 will be available once things become more stable wrt the SDK.

Al

1 minute ago, ark said:

You can get FSUIPC documentation here. https://forum.simflight.com/topic/66137-documentation/

Use the documentation for FSUIPC6, which explains the basics -- there is a User Manual and an Advanced Users Manual. In addition, with the FSUIPC7 download you should have received a spreadsheet with info on what works and what doesn't work yet because of the poor state of the MSFS2020 SDK. I expect the user documentation for FSUIPC7 will be available once things become more stable wrt the SDK.

Al

Thanks for this.  

9 hours ago, wthomas33065 said:

Finally worked for me too.   You can't store a profile with no assignments, that causes a CTD.  I use "null" profiles with one button assigned to my Hotas Joystick and one button assigned to the CH Flight Sim Yoke.   When I fly the smaller jobs, I enable the yoke and assign the "null" profile to the joystick so that the axis don't conflict.  When I fly the jet linters, I activate the joystick and choose the null profile for the yoke.

I just downloaded FSUIPC 7 beta, and it appears it's quite flexible, but I don't see a user guide or manual so I'm having a hard time learning how to use that instead of the ones in MSFS.  I'd like to just let FSUIPC do all the work because it appears that MSFS can boink the controller profiles and I don't want to have to do this again.

I just discovered this also as this AM the sim was dead again. I'm almost getting to the point of forgetting about MSFS until Asobo fixes everything.

As to the FSUIPC 7 documentation, it only is available with the previous FSX and P3d versions.

12 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Anyone tried to fly the Carenado M20R since the update?

Pre-update, no issues with the AP.

Now it sets up but then in flight loses the Altitude & VS settings  & I can't reset them.

Also, yokes won't disappear when double clicked on. They used to.

T45

One thread about Mooney woes...

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 hours ago, nyfirefly11 said:

Ok, this is strange.

When I installed the update last night, I could boot the sim and fly. After starting my computer this morning, CTD 😞 It's happening at the same place every time, on the loading screen before getting to the main menu, at around 80%.

I removed all Community addons, unplugged my Thrustmaster (only have keyboard and mouse plugged in), and still crashing. As far as I can tell, nothing else has updated since I installed the patch...

Any ideas?

EDIT: fixed with either Nvidia driver update or uninstalling vJoy/joystick curves

I could start and fly after the update. Just some issues with the Mooney, but visuals looked much better. But Bonanza was fine.

I have the Thrustmaster T16.000m joystick and Logitech Throttle Quadrants and pedals.

Then I updated the Nvidia drivers.

Now it crashes while loading a flight. 

Edited by Republic3D

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s