Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

MS FS 2020 Update # 5 Now Available

Anyone having blurry textures now?  Can't even read my cockpit.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

45 minutes ago, stubbornswiss said:

I read a text from FlyByWire stating that there were issues with the latest update affecting their mod.

Yup lost attitude Indicator, and seem to be locked on Air France skin despite trying to change, default aircraft AP worked fine first flight.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

16 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Some people are reporting in the official MSFS forums that certain devices such as joysticks and other flight simulator peripherals connected when MSFS launches is causing CTDs.  You may want to unplug them and start MSFS to see if you can get past this screen.

I'll disconnect everything, but I do not see the point since I will need my usb peripherals.

Update: Sim loaded.

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

8 minutes ago, markk70 said:

2 Saitek throtttle quadrants and a Thrustmaster T16000M Joystick.

11 minutes ago, espent said:

I have TM Warthog and Saitek Multipanel and trimwheel. What are you using?

13 minutes ago, markk70 said:

Yes this works for me too!

My Thrustmaster HOTAS X is causing the problem.  Also, now (don't think it's related) I'm having issues getting my CH Flight Sim Yoke detected.  Also CH Control Manager is locking up.

But it's definitely the Thrustmaster HOTAS X causing the CTD.  That's been verified.

• Like 3

Disconnected peripherals. Loaded OK.

Reconnected while running. CTD.

Now to figure out what settings need to be cleared...and where they are.

Edited by tailspin45
  • Like 1

No problems at all after the update, i even try to get a nice score in the new Halloween challenge 😂

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I'll disconnect everything, but I do not see the point since I will need my usb peripherals.

It's a method of debugging in software development.  You want to make everything as simple as possible for the software so you can isolate the problem.  In the case of MSFS, this means removing stuff out of your Community folder so that it is empty, disconnecting peripherals, etc.  You want to run MSFS with no modifications and no peripherals attached (since MSFS will try to detect and interface with peripherals).  If that passes, then you add each modification back, one by one, to isolate the problem.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

24 minutes ago, espent said:

i just disconnected all USB ports except mouse and keyboard, and guess what?

it loaded!!

Same here! All usb devices disconnected and now the sim is starting (before CTD every sim start)!

Devices: Saitek Yoke, Honeycomb Alpha, Saitek FIP (x2), GoFlight MCP Pro, Playstation controller

• Like 2

Works. Tried a small flight in the 172.

The elevator authority fix is great. Thank goodness.

The sensitivity changes allow me to set up my CH Pedals so they work. Thanks goodness. Although my crosswind v2 will be here soon, so w/e.

Didn't notice FPS change but it does look nice.

That is all for now.

The other thread about the CTD showed some victims found that unplugging controllers and/or hubs allowed the sim to run. That's a clue concerning the problem. Maybe existing sensitivity settings are out of bounds with the new sensitivity controls?

• Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Just now, tailspin45 said:

Disconnected peripherals. Loaded OK.

Now to figure out how to reinstall them.

I suspect it is related to the new controller sensitivity options. 
what if you delete your controller profiles? Does that work?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Hope you guys sort the issues out ASAP and get back in the left seat! Pretty bad that every time we do an update, we have to hold our breath and hope all goes well.

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

4 minutes ago, wthomas33065 said:

I'm having issues getting my CH Flight Sim Yoke detected.  Also CH Control Manager is locking up.

I have CH Products yoke, quad and pedals and no CTD, so it is a strange one for sure. BUT you should not be using CH Control Manager.

Edited by RaptyrOne

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

You geniuses! Removed USB peripherals and now it loads.

• Like 8

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Just now, DJJose said:

You geniuses! Removed USB peripherals and now it loads.

So the problem is, MSFS will try to interface with your peripherals on loading the game.  That's where the bug is.

Remember in the future, this is how you debug software 🙂

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM