Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

MS FS 2020 Update # 5 Now Available

2 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Sorry for all the controller issues got lucky with Saitek I guess - did notice weird graphics washed out before getting to main screen after it starts - prob due to press any keys gone lol

I was getting that pre-patch, the weird graphics is not a new thing

33 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Agree Fully.  Question for those experiencing the CTD issue.  Were your USB devices plugged in at the time you updated?  Wondering because I have not updated yet and my control devices are unplugged and set aside except when I am flying.  So I am preparing to update and have no idea if they should be connected at the time of updating.

Mine were unplugged before update fyi - no issues here - I always have them disconnected until I fly they are in my way

• Like 1

Rich Sennett

2 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I was getting that pre-patch, the weird graphics is not a new thing

Never saw it until this update

Rich Sennett

4 hours ago, RobJC said:

It probably comes down to one of the three:

1. hardware

2. sim settings

3. nvidia control panel settings

Are you guys overclocking anything? 

For those having to unplug a particular hardware (my case rudder pedals) not to CTD the sim, wthomas33065 found a work around, to me (because I use FSUIPC to calibrate all my axis) it fixed the CTD 100%.

• Upvote 1

Sergio Naiberg

6 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Did a quick flight, no issues.

One of my local airports YCFS seems to have got a stealth update, extra taxi ways and some really really bright runway markers.

Also, oddly ,my jabiru seems to behave better, pre-patch it was super sensitive to rudder on takeoff and landing and seems better ... though that may just be in my head.

No.. you've become a better pilot.

The Carenado planes being broken is not good.  They can't expect aircraft devs to fix things that get broken every two weeks.  Every year or two for a major API version update maybe.  But not these biweekly updates. 

(I'd actually go further and argue that if it's an in-sim marketplace item it's implied it will keep working for the life of the sim.  So it should be on MS not to break things.)

• Like 2

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

22 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Well liveries working for me🙂

Hi Richard,

If your extra liveries are showing, could you please tell me whether in your simobjects folder for that aircraft where you see the texture folders for each livery, do you also see a MODEL folder named the same as each livery texture folder, or similar and are there multiple model folders for multiple liveries?  And if so would you mind opening up the model folders and seeing whether they have the interior, exterior, or other xml file inside? Thank you.

• Like 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

5 minutes ago, YMMB said:

No.. you've become a better pilot.

Not so sure about this. I see a very slight global stability increase particularly in yaw.

Edited by robert young
  • Like 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

39 minutes ago, DJJose said:

This is disconcerting. My GoFlight throttle doesn't work. This is an expensive throttle and I'm very concerned that in the future these patches could also break my yoke compatibility. I think we should all be worried.

I have the goflght yoke and TQ6. No issues here. 

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

After reinstalling Sim is starting again, and seems to run fine with my Alpha, CH TQ and Logitech Rudders as well as one Leo Bodnar board with switches, encoders and 2 axis of analog potentiometers.

Did a quick flight, now I am working on installing all the CONTENT MANAGER additions about 15GB for me.

Next os the ORBX installs in new community folder and then other Com folder addons one at a time.

I did disconnect my HOTAS thrustmaster stick for now.

I will post if I run into more problems...

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

4 minutes ago, rickjake said:

I have the goflght yoke and TQ6. No issues here. 

No CTD on load? Interesting.

I've tried every USB port and I get a CTD every time.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

4 minutes ago, DJJose said:

No CTD on load? Interesting.

I've tried every USB port and I get a CTD every time.

No CTD so far.  Loaded up the sim 3 times. Did two short flights. One with the A320 and the there with the C172.  Update was a bit slow, but otherwise, no issues.  

I have all my flight control devices plugged into a powered usb hub. Which include Goflight Yoke, Goflight TQ6, Thrustmaster Worthog HOTAS, and TPR petals. I use the HOTAS for DCS and Yoke, TQ6 for P3D and MFS. 

Seems a lot of people are having issues,  guess I'm one of the lucky ones. 

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

1 minute ago, rickjake said:

No CTD so far.  Loaded up the sim 3 times. Did two short flights. One with the A320 and the there with the C172.  Update was a bit slow, but otherwise, no issues.  

I have all my flight control devices plugged into a powered usb hub. Which include Goflight Yoke, Goflight TQ6, Thrustmaster Worthog HOTAS, and TPR petals. I use the HOTAS for DCS and Yoke, TQ6 for P3D and MFS. 

Seems a lot of people are having issues,  guess I'm one of the lucky ones. 

Thanks.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

26 minutes ago, robert young said:

Hi Richard,

If your extra liveries are showing, could you please tell me whether in your simobjects folder for that aircraft where you see the texture folders for each livery, do you also see a MODEL folder named the same as each livery texture folder, or similar and are there multiple model folders for multiple liveries?  And if so would you mind opening up the model folders and seeing whether they have the interior, exterior, or other xml file inside? Thank you.

Hi Robert no model files in those folders - just textures Pal - if you need screenshot just ask 

Rich Sennett