Sign in to follow this  
Epgd

NIght lighting is fatal- Asobo please read

1 minute ago, marsman2020 said:

The biggest problem I have with night flying in MSFS is actually that none of the aircraft taxi or landing lights actually illuminate anything in a useful way from inside the cockpit.  I'm very surprised there is no post on the MSFS forums with 1000 upvotes for that.

https://uwajimaya.github.io/FS2020/

748_1.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I mean...those mods probably help, and some of the aircraft-specific mods I use have incorporated them, but how did the current stock aircraft make it through QA testing if you can't see to land them at night?

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

On 10/29/2020 at 8:32 PM, janda said:

there is no doubt that the night lighting is much worse than it was before … it looks more XPLANE now !!! Where the colors are???, everything is two-tone!!!, cities look lifeless … and those empty spaces where there was lighting before…
Let me say briefly, PLEASE FIX THE NIGHT LIGHTING, IT LOST ALL ITS UNIQUE CHARM !!!

I actually have to agree with this.  The highway lights totally over power the rest of the lighting.  Highway lighting is totally unrealistic and does call back to sims like XPlane.  If given the choice I'd rather go back to what we had before until Asobo finds a better solution. 

I must say I initially thought this post was a joke but after a flight tonight I 100% agree.

• Like 5

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

23 hours ago, Alvega said:

On the second one you can see the highway lights 30 miles away and I think the lights are too strong. For me the first one is more realistic.

What do you guys think?

Before seems more realistic.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dillon said:

I must say I initially thought this post was a joke but after a flight tonight I 100% agree.

You realize of course that even if they were to change them back, there would instantly be another thread about horrible lighting....?

• Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

15 minutes ago, RXP said:

@HiFlyer He was saying "From inside the cockpit"...

Being as you can see into the cockpit from outside, I assumed that any changes to the outside lights would be seen from the inside.

Devons rig

12 hours ago, Moria15 said:

Heres a view of the real cape town at night...  I agree the new picture is much closer to reality but still somewhat dim by comparison...  maybe needs a bit more lighting yet 🙂.

Graham

Looks like the photographer was going for intense lighting. Time lapse or something to that effect.

2 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Being as you can see into the cockpit from outside, I assumed that any changes to the outside lights would be seen from the inside.

I don't know yet with v1.10.7, but the King Air in previous version was clearly illuminating the ground when looking in external view but not from the cockpit.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

2 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

You realize of course that even if they were to change them back, there would instantly be another thread about horrible lighting....?

Yes but this is bad, really bad.  It reminds me of early versions of XPlane and totally doesn't go with what you see in the daytime.  Flying out of KFLL tonight looked horrible.  Landing in KFFC was totally unrealistic compared to real world lighting in the area.  What we had before was a better representation of real world lighting until another option is found.  I think we all can agree this is worse.  We could take a poll, this or what was originally there until Asobo finds a better option.  I'd opt for what we had over this hands down.

• Like 3

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

8 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Why would that be? Nobody complained about the lighting before. People complained only about the sepia mask, not the intensity of lights. They changed the lightning probably by mistake. I hope it was unintended and they will revert it back to how it was.

• Like 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

6 minutes ago, RXP said:

I don't know yet with v1.10.7, but the King Air in previous version was clearly illuminating the ground when looking in external view but not from the cockpit.

Is this your posting ?

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/my-2070-super-4k-settings-and-suggestions-episode-2/272854

Rich Sennett

4 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Yes but this is bad, really bad.  It reminds me of early versions of XPlane and totally doesn't go with what you see in the daytime.  Flying out of KFLL tonight looked horrible.  Landing in KFFC was totally unrealistic compared to real world lighting in the area.  What we had before was a better representation of real world lighting until another option is found.  I think we all can agree this is worse.  We could take a poll, this or what was originally there until Asobo finds a better option.  I'd opt for what we had over this hands down.

Problem is it looks like some people prefer the big white and amber bulbs like we had in FSX with UTX. I wonder why though.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

8 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

The updated night lighting looks a lot better to me.

According to Q&A Wednesday, their street lights are based on their data set. I don't know what their source is (I assume OSM) but I guess if a road is undefined, or not defined correctly it will have lights when it shouldn't.

Considering there's probably millions of roads in the world, it would be impossible for all of them to have accurate lighting.

Are there data sets they can use that would define what area should have less street lights or not?

I guess the data they were using before was better, because country lanes weren't lit up like NYC.

Just now, Alvega said:

Why would that be? Nobody complained about the lighting before.

Not true. People complained quite loudly about the previous lighting.

1 minute ago, Alvega said:

People complained only about the sepia mask, not the intensity of lights.

They complained about the intensity and the colors, and even the time of day the lights activated, as well as the lack of reflections on water (now restored) not to mention the lod radius and probably other things I can't even remember.

Devons rig