Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
janda

NIght lighting is fatal- Asobo please read

Recommended Posts

 there is no doubt that the night lighting is much worse than it was before … it looks more XPLANE now !!! Where the colors are???, everything is two-tone!!!, cities look lifeless … and those empty spaces where there was lighting before…
Let me say briefly, PLEASE FIX THE NIGHT LIGHTING, IT LOST ALL ITS UNIQUE CHARM !!!

 

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am still puzzled, why people are complaining about the night lighting, I think is better than before, they just increased the intensity of it. I do agree it may need some tweaking but frankly, I don't think it is bad comparing to that ugly sepia mask. 

  • Like 18

i9-9900K OC 5.0ghz, 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The night lighting does look better, but still not perfect yet. I agree that it does look a lot more like X-Plane. I believe they need to tone down the lights, especially the highway lights. Because they stand out way too much. X-Plane's night lighting is extremely ugly and reminds me of a Pacman board. At least in MSFS it doesn't look as bad. But there's still some work and adjustments that need to be done to get the night lighting just right. It's slowly getting there. Just whatever they do, please do not bring back those ugly night lit sepia-toned textures. That looks absolutely terrible, especially when flying at high altitudes.

  • Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (20H2) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, captain420 said:

The night lighting does look better, but still not perfect yet. I agree that it does look a lot more like X-Plane. I believe they need to tone down the lights, especially the highway lights. Because they stand out way too much. X-Plane's night lighting is extremely ugly and reminds me of a Pacman board. At least in MSFS it doesn't look as bad. But there's still some work and adjustments that need to be done to get the night lighting just right. It's slowly getting there. Just whatever they do, please do not bring back those ugly night lit sepia-toned textures. That looks absolutely terrible, especially when flying at high altitudes.

Yeah if anything its the motorways lit up like an indy track, i do enjoy the improvement regardless.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he's joking...I think. The reverse video text is a clue..isn't it?

  • Like 2

Richard Chafey

 

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA GTX1080Ti Sc - 3840x2160 Res - CH Fighterstick - CH Pro Throttle - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, P3D 5.1, DCS, X-Plane 11

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 for 1 against.. night lightings way better.  maybe the issue for you is hardware related.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, janda said:

 there is no doubt that the night lighting is much worse than it was before … it looks more XPLANE now !!! Where the colors are???, everything is two-tone!!!, cities look lifeless … and those empty spaces where there was lighting before…
Let me say briefly, PLEASE FIX THE NIGHT LIGHTING, IT LOST ALL ITS UNIQUE CHARM !!!

 

 

I agree, it's too strong now and looks like FSX lighting. It was much better.


Alvega

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to agree, the night lighting was wow in the first few alphas. Then it went bad. Now it seems they got rid of that ugly terrain glow, increased the intensity yet removed variation... also too many patches of nothing. Like mentioned it’s lost it’s unique look... my jaw dropped in the first alpha I got into... now it’s actually nothing special.

  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really wish I can see what the night lighting looks like in the alpha builds so I can do some comparison.

  • Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (20H2) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now it's all black, they ruined it.


R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

I have to agree, the night lighting was wow in the first few alphas. Then it went bad. Now it seems they got rid of that ugly terrain glow, increased the intensity yet removed variation... also too many patches of nothing. Like mentioned it’s lost it’s unique look... my jaw dropped in the first alpha I got into... now it’s actually nothing special.

Would have loved to see the alpha version - can only go by what I've seen as I was not on beta team - they need to work on that  🙂 

  • Like 1

Rich Sennett

               

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Would have loved to see the alpha version - can only go by what I've seen as I was not on beta team - they need to work on that  🙂 

I think there was a guy who done some comparison shots on the MSFS forums, go check it out, from what I recall its one of the terrain light emission posts. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    34%
    $8,650.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...