Sign in to follow this  
Epgd

NIght lighting is fatal- Asobo please read

5 hours ago, RichieFly said:

I think he's joking...I think. The reverse video text is a clue..isn't it?

I think its mainly a clue that he copy/pasted the text from another forum or board. I just hope that was his text... Otherwise, its just lazyness. 

I would also pick the before version. The globe size is too large to be appear realistic. This also seems to affect runway and taxiway lights, at least they appear larger and more intense to me since this last update. I wonder if there is a config file where the scale of the globes can be tweaked. I think that was possible in FSX and Prepar3d if I recall.

• Like 2

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

I agree it was particularly at high altitudes where the old lighting wasn’t convincing. This was mainly due to the sepia mask and the limited draw distance of the lights. When flying low it looked very good, unless you flew in a sepia mask infested place with few buildings (eg outskirts of big cities) where you were blinded by the fields below. I‘ve only done one flight since the latest patch and I thought it looked good from up high but the lights appeared much too big and bright when flying low. Although it‘s an improvement in many respects, I think it‘s certainly not a perfect solution. I can‘t even say whether I prefer it over the old one or not.    I wonder whether such bright and big lights are really necessary. Anyway, at least it shows us that the devs acknowledge problems and try to solve them. I‘m sure the night lighting can still be refined.

• Like 2

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Totally agree with the OP. Night lighting lost its visual appeal. It is now way too bright, monotonous and artificial looking.

• Like 3

Agree about the night lighting. Definitely miss the subtle lighting with variety of colors. Now it just street lighting all over in amber and yellow. No variety with houses and other smaller buildings also having some lights. It’s just grid after grid of streetlights. City skylines also not showing up and getting lost in the overbearing street lighting. Not sure why they changed this as the issue people had (as I understood it) was with the sepia tone of the city lighting when flying high and not the night lighting when flying lower. But then I see some people saying they like the new lighting but for me it takes me back to FSX days.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, turnandbank said:

I would also pick the before version. The globe size is too large to be appear realistic. This also seems to affect runway and taxiway lights, at least they appear larger and more intense to me since this last update. I wonder if there is a config file where the scale of the globes can be tweaked. I think that was possible in FSX and Prepar3d if I recall.

I think the config file exists but most certainly is locked and can't be accessed.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Do you know what I think?

There dammed if they do and there dammed if they don't.

The one thing you can never do is please the flight sim community.

• Like 13

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Instead of complaining and whining, we should help the devs as much as possible here by providing them with pictures and comparisons. The more details you guys can get, the better the chance at them making things right. Show them the youtube examples or do some research and compile some screenshots of night lighting that looks realistic, and mark certain areas on the pic, make notes, and either post them up on the official MSFS forum or send them directly to zendesk.

For me personally, they have improved the night lighting in update #5, but also brought out some new problems. Obviously with the excessive brightness of the lights. The sepia toned texture seems to be addressed and that is better. But they need to tweak the lights more to make it better. I believe it'll take a few or a lot of revisions in order to get them right. It's a process designers go through.

Make an official thread, and vote it up so that it gets noticed and hopefully they'll continue work on refining it.

I agree with the following:

1. Airport lighting stands out way too much and that in real life it's hard to see unless you're lined up with the runways or perhaps near or at a certain angle. As it currently looks in the game and many other flight sims, is totally unrealistic how at high altitudes we can see airport lights from all angles.
  2. The overall brightness of the lights are a bit too much. They're overexposed and need to be toned down.
  3. Vehicle lights and downtown building lights are now lost because of the  overexposed lights.

I think the lights would look better if we went back to what we had previously, the only thing they would need to do is of course get rid or tone down the sepia-toned lit night textures, extend the LOD while keeping the overall lights the same.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

5 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I replied above

No you didn't. You don't get hypoxia at 5000ft. You might get it at anything above 16.000 ft 😉

28 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Instead of complaining and whining, we should help the devs as much as possible here by providing them with pictures and comparisons. The more details you guys can get, the better the chance at them making things right. Show them the youtube examples or do some research and compile some screenshots of night lighting that looks realistic, and mark certain areas on the pic, make notes, and either post them up on the official MSFS forum or send them directly to zendesk.

For me personally, they have improved the night lighting in update #5, but also brought out some new problems. Obviously with the excessive brightness of the lights. The sepia toned texture seems to be addressed and that is better. But they need to tweak the lights more to make it better. I believe it'll take a few or a lot of revisions in order to get them right. It's a process designers go through.

Make an official thread, and vote it up so that it gets noticed and hopefully they'll continue work on refining it.

I agree with the following:

1. Airport lighting stands out way too much and that in real life it's hard to see unless you're lined up with the runways or perhaps near or at a certain angle. As it currently looks in the game and many other flight sims, is totally unrealistic how at high altitudes we can see airport lights from all angles.
  2. The overall brightness of the lights are a bit too much. They're overexposed and need to be toned down.
  3. Vehicle lights and downtown building lights are now lost because of the  overexposed lights.

I think the lights would look better if we went back to what we had previously, the only thing they would need to do is of course get rid or tone down the sepia-toned lit night textures, extend the LOD while keeping the overall lights the same.

I think the best if they have it configurable either through the UI or from a file somewhere (maybe is already but we don't know which config perhaps?). This topic of night lighting I think is more of taste, for example X-Plane comes out of box with not so great night lighting but configuring this through lights configs using some configuration mods, you can customize it to your taste. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

An option for us to configure the lights would be great as well. Since this is subjective. Let us configure the intensity, color, glow/halo, LOD, etc. Size, shape. This will let the user dial in their settings to get it to their liking.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

8 hours ago, RichieFly said:

I think he's joking...I think. The reverse video text is a clue..isn't it?

No I m not joking, night lighting is much more worse than before, it lost their charm and unique

Edited by janda

An option slider for the lights would be the best solution, but personally I like the new night lighting.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

4 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

An option slider for the lights would be the best solution, but personally I like the new night lighting.

I added this feature request https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/feature-request-add-night-light-intensity-slider/310404, feel free to vote 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super