Sign in to follow this  
Epgd

NIght lighting is fatal- Asobo please read

Just now, Ridvan Celik said:

I think there was a guy who done some comparison shots on the MSFS forums, go check it out, from what I recall its one of the terrain light emission posts. 

Thanks much Buddy - saw the emitting light post its pretty long might be there 

Rich Sennett

People don't realise that nights are NOT PITCH BLACK, especially in open fields, try to get out sometimes, and see how the world looks!

• Like 4

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

2 minutes ago, EmaRacing said:

People don't realise that nights are NOT PITCH BLACK, especially in open fields, try to get out sometimes, and see how the world looks!

Exactly

• Like 1

Rich Sennett

All depends on the moon. Its currently almost a full moon. Has anyone tried to move the date to a new moon night and see a difference? I dont have MSFS yet so cant check.

2 minutes ago, Ident said:

All depends on the moon. Its currently almost a full moon. Has anyone tried to move the date to a new moon night and see a difference? I dont have MSFS yet so cant check.

I can't because the game doesn't even start anymore, I get CTD at loading, I just got a couple of flights right after patching.

Night fly now just looks like xplane, which I hated because it was completely black with light balls along roads...

Also, strobe lights are now non existent when looked at directly, you can't even see the disco effect when flying inside clouds with strobes on.

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

Really wish I can see what the night lighting looks like in the alpha builds so I can do some comparison.

I don't think you will find too many pics of that but anyone that thinks the night lighting in early Alphas was realistic has never been in an actual airplane at night...

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Here is a comparison before and after the patch:

Before

Screen-Hunter-131-30-Sep-20-21-32.jpg

After

screenshot-2020-10-29-7.jpg

On the second one you can see the highway lights 30 miles away and I think the lights are too strong. For me the first one is more realistic.

What do you guys think?

• Like 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Someone in the community really should maintain two setups - and only update one while keeping the other offline for a period of time. So we can actually do before/after comparisons. Threads like this without photos are completely subjective. 

Edit: LOL. As I typed this someone finally provided a before/after comparison. 🙂

Edited by Virtual-Chris
  • Like 1

I think the 'before' was better, but a lot of people complained really loudly on the official forums...so things get changed.

• Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 hour ago, Alvega said:

I agree, it's too strong now and looks like FSX lighting. It was much better.

Agreed. Those white blobs remind me of Flight 1's Ultimate Terrain which attempted similar blobs - of white, and red, in random places. It wasn't bad considering it was TEN years ago. This is going to be a divided subject. Some like bright blobs because it is....bright. For me the previous lighting was subtle...not perfect but at least elegant. City lights are still largely amber, NOT white, but I must be living in a parallel universe if others think the world is full of white blobs at night :cool:

Edited by robert young
  • Like 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

The before looks better, however what most ppl were complaining about was the sepia-toned night lit textures that you can clearly see, especially in dense urban areas. They could've just got rid of that or tone it down and keep everything else the same, instead of intensifying the lights. Now they're a bit too bright, especially the highway/freeway/motorway lights. Tone those down and we can go from there.

Edited by captain420
  • Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Just now, robert young said:

Agreed. Those white blobs remind me of Flight 1's Ultimate Terrain 

That's exactly what I thought when I saw them, lol.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Need more than just streetlights in neghborhoods,,, some house lights driveay lights,,, otherwise its just grids of street lights that look pretty artificial,,,