Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Square Nav lights

Tonight I was flying around Las Vegas with the default F-35 and my planes nav lights were square (when they flashed was when the square happened). Any idea what could be causing this? I thought it was the deafult EA weather, but I turned that off and the square lights were still happening.

I haven't seen these square lights before in P3D v5.1.

19 minutes ago, Joseph29 said:

Tonight I was flying around Las Vegas with the default F-35 and my planes nav lights were square (when they flashed was when the square happened). Any idea what could be causing this? I thought it was the deafult EA weather, but I turned that off and the square lights were still happening.

I haven't seen these square lights before in P3D v5.1.

Like  this but maybe just in white squares? I saw them in between often. I think it is related to EA/FOG/Some FOG/Haze appearances.

VWFfeMk.png

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I'm also noticing these square nav lights in 5.1.

My nav lights seem to have black squares around them, when they flash, but only sometimes.

Along with the flashing clouds I get using ASP3D5 with no EA, it gets a bit annoying! 

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

@simbolit seems that the render engine of 5.1 is producing graphical artifacts arround some textures. I think that the artifacts arround some scenery objects like trees are coming from that too. even with EA=off. Those artifacts arround trees are new in 5.1 with EA off, or i ´ve never noticed them. Another user told me, that sometimes he can also see little squares around some edges of the aircraft.

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

19 minutes ago, djbully said:

I'm also noticing these square nav lights in 5.1.

My nav lights seem to have black squares around them, when they flash, but only sometimes.

Along with the flashing clouds I get using ASP3D5 with no EA, it gets a bit annoying! 

Yes. This is exactly what is happening with my plane. I just when back to Las Vegas (FlyTampa scenery) and I could not get the square lights to show this time.

I was flying with EA on and default weather theme "cold fronts"

Edited by Joseph29

Ive also seen black squares using the default F-35.  Some AIG models are also displaying it.  It doesnt always happen and I currently have EA off but cant remember if it shows with it off or not

Regards

Chris Ibbotson

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

I saw squares around the touchdown smoke as well, and also around the fog that gets kicked up on taxi in the rain. usually the square disappearss in a split second, though.

So yeah, I guess these squares are a common issue effecting predominantly 2D 'sprite'-type textures of both effects and scenery.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Thanks guys. I have had v5.1 since day one and this was the first time I have seen the square nav lights. I have installed some AI before the F-35 flying and I thought the effect file from the AI was somehow messing up the F-35's lights. It is good to know this is a known issue and not something else. Looking forward to the v5.1 hotfix!

Even the engines fumes are blocky on my end.  I did post a thread about it maybe a week ago.  It is not only lights.

Simming is going in the direction of Minecraft 🤪

I am assuming at this point LM should call it 5.2 release

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I'm also seeing this here and then. I also observed, that the issue disappears sometimes when I get closer to the corresponding object.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

7 hours ago, simbol said:

Yes the particle effects system is affected, all reported and acknowledged.. hopefully a fix will be available for this soon.

S.

Good to know. May I assume that your AILRP product is affected by this issue too? I've no yet installed it on my current set-up and can wait until a fix comes out.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

4 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Good to know. May I assume that your AILRP product is affected by this issue too? I've no yet installed it on my current set-up and can wait until a fix comes out.

can confirm this in combination of AILRP and AIGAIM-OCI there are sometimes the problems, but as Simbol said, we hope for a fix 🙂

• Like 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Thanks for your transparency and feedback here. Always a pleasure to get these kind of I)Information and II) feedback on weather it is a bug or not (and therefor something on our end).

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png