Sign in to follow this  
holliwutt

PREPAR3D V5.1 HOTFIX 1 NOW AVAILABLE

Anybody else seeing these water body anomalies in Louisiana/Mississippi? Pictures were taken close to Alexandria (KAEX) with a complete fresh install of the sim.

6PaLgo6.jpg
ynnQwin.jpg

Edited by Wolkenschreck

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

Any VRAM consumption improvements? I can use 4096 textures with my 8GB card only in P3D v4.5 (and previous). 4096 in P3D 5.0 and 5.1 (without hotfix) = out of VRAM (even with dynamic texture streaming and EA clouds set to middle).

Edited by AdiR

Adrian

19 minutes ago, av8r13 said:

BerndB, just to clarify, if we have ORBX we should uninstall all 4 components?

disregard, i just found the thread at the ORBX forum

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/192424-installing-a-p3d-v5-hotfix-correctly/

Brilliant!👍

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

1 minute ago, AdiR said:

Any VRAM consumption improvements? I can use 4096 textures with my 8GB card only in P3D v4.5 (and previous). 4096 in P3D 5.0 and 5.1 (without hotfix) = out of VRAM.

There's simply no way you're ever going to be able to use 4096 textures on an 8GB card in V5 with any sort of decent add-on stack. Sorry. I have an 8GB card and can barely even run at 2048. This is not something LM deems they need to "fix," it's simply a consequence of moving to DX12.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Wolkenschreck said:

Anybody else seeing these water body anomalies in Louisiana/Mississippi? Pictures were taken close to Alexandria (KAEX) with a complete fresh install of the sim.

Do you have OrbX Global base etc. in use? If so, have you done the recomended steps by re-install it too?

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

24 minutes ago, BerndB said:

Bear in mind, especially if you have OrbX add-ons in use, this recomendation below, which comes from OrbX. There is also a thread at OrbX which you always schould take into account if you are updating P3D. Which says:

1. de-install P3D in the following order: - content, then scenery, then client and at least the Main app but don´t de-activate P3D

I don't know if it makes a material difference, but the Orbx guidance actually says to uninstall the client first (answering "no" when asked to deregister), then content and scenery, then the top/main application.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

5 minutes ago, w6kd said:

I don't know if it makes a material difference, but the Orbx guidance actually says to uninstall the client first (answering "no" when asked to deregister), then content and scenery, then the top/main application.

Bob, you´re absolutely right, and it seems because of Alzheimer Syndrome i somtimes mix things up, my fault. But i even can´t say it makes any difference. 🤪

Bernd

7 minutes ago, BerndB said:

Do you have OrbX Global base etc. in use? If so, have you done the recomended steps by re-install it too?

Just stock P3D installed in an empty folder. Never had Vector actually before for v5.

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

Bob, By main application, do you mean "Prepare3D v5 Academic" (which is what I have)? I have never uninstalled that before. Can I still Individually reinstall the Client, Content and Scenery as normal when I do a P3D update or is this essentially a full re-installation of P3Dv5.1. I am currently downloading the individual components.

Regards

Edited by TomCYYZ

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I Gigabyte Z790 UD AX| MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

3 minutes ago, TomCYYZ said:

Bob, By main application, do you mean "Prepare3D v5 Academic" (which is what I have)? I have never uninstalled that before. Can I still Individually reinstall the Client, Content and Scenery as normal when I do a P3D update or is this essentially a full re-installation of P3Dv5.1. I am currently downloading the individual components.

Regards

I would be very careful with this advice.  I have only ever followed Poppet's tutorial on how to install component installers and honestly never had an issue with Orbx after I ran Central again.  I think if you uninstall the main P3D program you will lose anything installed there like PMDG, etc.

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

2 minutes ago, MarkW said:

I would be very careful with this advice.  I have only ever followed Poppet's tutorial on how to install component installers and honestly never had an issue with Orbx after I ran Central again.  I think if you uninstall the main P3D program you will lose anything installed there like PMDG, etc.

That's what I thought. I think I'll stick to the usual way I do it. As for the ORBX Central advice, I somehow feel that would not create any issues. I might give it a try.

Thanks

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I Gigabyte Z790 UD AX| MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |

37 minutes ago, MarkW said:

The advice is 100% sound and has been successfully used by thousands of users. You will only lose installed addons if you decide to disregard the advice and delete the P3D root folder. There is also nothing wrong with Poppet's tutorials which give the same advice.

Edited by Reader
  • Like 3

I guess what I was getting at is, after reinstalling (updating) Client, Content and Scenery, would my Programs and Features show the 4 lines:

Prepar3D v5 Academic

Prepar3D v5 Academic Client

Prepar3D v5 Content

Prepar3D v5 Scenery

Edited by TomCYYZ

Just now, TomCYYZ said:

Prepar3D v5 Academic

If you unistall this you will unistall the whole sim (so content, client ect) automatically.

• Upvote 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Whelp, it is time for me to part with v4.5hf3. Time to spend a day uninstalling and reinstalling everything. Lots of coffee and for good measure, an orbiting B-52 on standby with a load of F bombs for when things go ascew.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eric