Sign in to follow this  
Bosco19

Something has changed!

An earlier thread discussed the slowdowns experienced when flying in busy areas. I experienced it in a minor way in the SoCal area when flying between John Wayne and LAX. Not a big deal - a second of stutter every now and then - good rates, 30 40 FPS. I tried this flight again after the last update and this scenario was completely unworkable. Stutters, and pauses that lasted upwards of 10 sec. Only thing different for me in setup was that I was flying the TBM instead of an Xcub or the Bonanza. Could the glass panel of the TBM be responsible?

Intel i7-11700K@3.60 GHZ. 32 GB RTX 4070 Ti OC

I also noticed this last night for the first time flying out of Key West. Flying to Marathon from Key West in Cessna 172 about 4 or 5 minutes into the flight there was a 1 to 2 second pause then a little while later another one about 1 to 2 seconds after that everything was good. I've done this flight maybe 6 times never happened before no changes in PC setup.

Good to hear I am not alone, was already wondering what I may (not!) have changed on my side as I was flying LOWI (ORBX) - EKCH (FT) in the neo and saw quite some stutters both at takeoff and landing

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Socal area is so problematic, we were writing about that in another thread too...

I thought it was due to our 4-core CPUs (I have a 7700K and the other guy a 6700K) but I see that even with a 8700K it doesn't get better...

• Upvote 2

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Lots of places in central Europe. Same thing. The inconsistency of this game can break one spirit.

Edited by roi1862

Roi Ben

LOL!  I’m taking this all with a very large grain of salt. It’s still very entertaining, even when not performing as expected. But I agree...perhaps the most frustrating thing is to think you’ve finally managed to tweak and adjust, and come up with something that works - even if not perfectly - and then something else breaks. I have been gaming off-and-on since the Commodore 64 days, and I think 2020 is perhaps the overall most-broken software, out-the-gate, I’ve ever purchased. Perhaps that has also been the case with the other popular sims, but I haven’t had the pleasure since I quit simming years ago after taking up building and flying the real things. Even though this one is quite a Mess, the latest advances are still quite stunning and worth the effort (hopefully). 

I am flying with photogrammetry off for a while just to see how it goes.  

I am also using the windows voice instead of azure for ATC - almost instant response now - no lags in ATC!

I am getting less stutters/pauses, and the trees and small houses look better.  Obviously the bigger buildings look a bit plain, but once I am at 1000 feet I can deal with that, it still looks pretty good to me.

I am doing this because they are doing work on my local internet infrastructure that has brought my speeds right down, and I keep getting the 'speeds to low for photogrammetry' message, and when I just click ignore, I am getting pauses (not the sims fault obviously, it's just  due to my current broadband issues.

All I can say is it has transformed the sim for me.  At the loss of a bit of eye candy, it is now as smooth as silk on high/ultra at 4k 80% scaling, and this is with an old 1080Ti. 

Smoothness and less stutters/pauses is more important to me than an office block having the right coloured window glass! 🙂

PS. Meant to say that I think the issue could be the servers getting hammered for photogrammetry requests for places like LA, where I experienced this also before.  I must try it without the photogrammetry on now to see how it goes.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I Imagine that since you are flying a much faster plane and I assume at a much faster speed than the others that your PC is trying to render at a faster speed and is having issues doing it. 

The next update promises to provide a big performance update. Fingers crossed Asobo delivers. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

I went to take a flight around LTFM in the 172 and the first time I did the sim crashed. This was the first time I ever had a CTD in MSFS. The second time it was a stutter and freeze fest. Something definitely seems wrong.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

No CTD's since last update, today 3 so far grrr!.. no warning just boom to desk top. Also constant disconnection warnings, then reconnected, despite my internet being fine.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Disconnection warnings and hiccups here as well, something is not working as intended .....

I have a 1Gb/s optical fiber connection, quite stable, actual dl bandwidth is 950 Mb/s, so I guess it must be the servers ...

Andrea

• Like 1

Yesterday had some bizarre behavior twice. Both times restarted the flight(s) and it went away with completely different IFR clearances as well. Really strange...

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Oddly, right after purchase and install - before any updates - I flew the SoCal area in the 172 and had a great experience. Night flights were gorgeous. Moon, stars, even smoke from the fires. 40+ fps. No issues at all. Daylight was great too. Small things have been tweaked since then, but the overall experience seems to have lessened since things were "improved.".