Sign in to follow this  
Kungfoogrip

My Sim is broken...please help

I have tried everything I can think of to remedy my problem but I have failed. Here is the issue

No matter what plane I am in my flight plans load fine however once I jump in the plane and engage AP and engage NAV the plane always turns to heading of 355.  On the G1000 the flight plan looks right but the plane no matter what goes to that HDG of 355.   I am dumb founded what it might be.

Any thoughts?  Thank you in advance

Kungfoogrip

Which plane?  Any mods?

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

30 minutes ago, Kungfoogrip said:

I have tried everything I can think of to remedy my problem but I have failed. Here is the issue

No matter what plane I am in my flight plans load fine however once I jump in the plane and engage AP and engage NAV the plane always turns to heading of 355.  On the G1000 the flight plan looks right but the plane no matter what goes to that HDG of 355.   I am dumb founded what it might be.

Any thoughts?  Thank you in advance

Kungfoogrip

What you mean you jump in the plane? Do you start middair? When do you turn on the AP? 

No I am at the airport,  I take off I engage AP and fly the Runway HDG for a bit, initiate my climb via VS then engage NAV and the plane goes straight to 355.

Also to note ATC tells me the exact same thing they tell me to turn to a hdg of 355. When clearly my flight plan is different.

Do you have AI pilot engaged by any chance?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

6 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Do you have AI pilot engaged by any chance?

This fooled me too once!  Good suggestion!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Of course its engaged.  Please see original post.  No matter what plane I am in my flight plans load fine however once I jump in the plane and engage AP and engage NAV the plane always turns to heading of 355

34 minutes ago, Kungfoogrip said:

Of course its engaged.  Please see original post.  No matter what plane I am in my flight plans load fine however once I jump in the plane and engage AP and engage NAV the plane always turns to heading of 355

He is asking about AI Pilot, not auto pilot.

Anyway, I think the problem is with your flight plan. Try another flight plan and tell us if the same happens.

By the way, what app did you use to make and export your flight plan? or did you insert it manually?

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

No I am talking about Auto Pilot   I have the co pilot off. I built the flight plan inside the sim itself.  Low altitude airways, High, it doesnt matter it flat out will now follow the flight path 

1 hour ago, Kungfoogrip said:

No I am talking about Auto Pilot   I have the co pilot off. I built the flight plan inside the sim itself.  Low altitude airways, High, it doesnt matter it flat out will now follow the flight path 

so what's the text on the button you are pressing to engage the autopilot?