Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

AIG AI Manager OCI for MSFS – Development Announcement

The sim is in the best place it's ever been since SU6 dropped. By far the best update we ever had. I'm looking forward to what the future holds.

Now I'm drooling for the good news that AIG will bring to us! After that I need GSX.

• Like 3

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Potentially very good news, looking forward to seeing what AIG what can produce in the circumstances.

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

6 hours ago, DMullert said:

LOL.  Amen!!!  Why waste all this time on air races and Top Gun junk.  Get the core taken care of.

I more or less posted this viewpoint once (no repeating of my comment etc) but in a more polite way on the dev Q&A and got a ban from chat for half an hour which meant I couldn't post again in that particular Q&A. It was more of a constructive criticism, because I also love the sim, it only needs to improve in a few core areas, then IMO it would be nearly perfect.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

38 minutes ago, eaim1973 said:

it only needs to improve in a few core areas, then IMO it would be nearly perfect.

If we are only a few improvements away from a nearly perfect Sim just a year after release, I feel we are in a VERY good place.

That must mean Asobo/MS have done an exeptional job.

• Like 3

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

I'm certainly holding off from buying simple traffic for now, just in case this better and free.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

4 minutes ago, eaim1973 said:

I'm certainly holding off from buying simple traffic for now, just in case this better and free.

I skip a hamburger and buy Simple Traffic while I wait for AIG.

• Like 4

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

41 minutes ago, eaim1973 said:

Simple traffic is using the default models that come with MSFS, all it does is add real liveries to the default models.

AIG will provide the most realistic experience that MSFS 2020 will likely ever see in terms of quality of models, paints and routes while constantly being updated by individuals for free. The AIG-AIM-OCI does not use the default models that come with MSFS, instead it uses models which are converted from FSX/P3D to work with MSFS and are some of the best quality models around. I hope I have gotten all of that correct, this is just based on my assumption as to what to expect.

I have used AIG for my AI for the past three years or so and the quality of the flightplans, paints, models and development work is just outstanding and really puts some of the payware stuff to shame.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I skip a hamburger and buy Simple Traffic while I wait for AIG.

But OCI from AIG might be out before Simple Traffic, or around the same time, so holding off for a few days might be the smart thing to do.

We might buy Simple Traffic and a few hours/days AIG release their version. I've waited over a year for a living world in the sim, so a short wait for AIG to do their thing is fine in my book.

• Like 1

Personally, I will skip Simple Traffic, skip a hamburger and donate the savings to Alpha India Group (AIG) - no brainer for me!

• Like 5

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

4 hours ago, eaim1973 said:

I more or less posted this viewpoint once (no repeating of my comment etc) but in a more polite way on the dev Q&A and got a ban from chat for half an hour which meant I couldn't post again in that particular Q&A. It was more of a constructive criticism, because I also love the sim, it only needs to improve in a few core areas, then IMO it would be nearly perfect.

Again, DLC work does improve the core sim.

• Like 1

Great news, even in a limited state beta it will be a nice upgrade over what we have now.

• Like 4

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I’m soo excited for these guys to release what they have for MSFS. I refuse to use any other traffic add on. In p3d it was the most satisfying and easy to use traffic add on. Download your package and install via OCI. Done. 

Whats bothering me is why Asobo isn’t giving higher priority to be working with these guys to finally get some proper ai traffic into the sim. I’m not bashing Asobo, I’m grateful for them giving us a modern sim that we’ve been waiting for… but in a flight simulator, you’d think after a year we’ll have decent foundations for ai traffic. 

Edited by Ridvan Celik
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Was hoping for Vatsim support, but either way am glad to see they're continuing to make progress.

• Like 2

Aorus Master X570 / 5800x3d w/ Arctic Freezer ii 280 / Asus TUF 3090 w/ gigabyte BIOS / 2x16GB b-die @ 3600Mhz