Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

AIG AI Manager OCI for MSFS – Development Announcement

3 minutes ago, desbean said:

Now that I load AIGTC after I have clicked the ready to fly in the sim, the AI are instantly there with no freezes. Much better for me.

Same here, the AI traffic is loaded faster and "more complete" if AIGTC is started up only after being already in the sim.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Hopefully a future sim update (maybe SU7?) will eliminate ATC constantly asking AI aircraft to expedite their climb or descent to an altitude I’m guessing they’re already at.  The issue really becomes apparent with the volume of traffic we now have.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

First of all, this is almost quite literally gamechanger for me… it was what I was waiting for to make MSFS my ‘next sim.’ 😮 Thanks to all those involved for this amazing mod! It was well worth the wait.

You can keep the Asobo GA traffic (and remove the A320 and 747 traffic) alongside the AIG traffic.

I can’t explain how much it really makes the sim come alive. 😁

FOR THOSE LOOKING TO KEEP GA TRAFFIC:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/aig-ai-manager-oci-for-msfs-development-announcement/324219/1050?u=mikerolowski

Happy flying (in busy skies)! ✈️

Edited by mikejr

Mike 

20 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Hopefully a future sim update (maybe SU7?) will eliminate ATC constantly asking AI aircraft to expedite their climb or descent 

They know about the error so for Asobo to ignore fixing it would be ... disappointing to say the least.  

In the AI Manager, do other users have a big list of errors under that menu item?  I have hundreds of lines saying "no model" for various airlines. Can we just find the correct model and insert it in the directory to use? Some errors say 'no paint' and many others don't say anything other than the title. 

47 minutes ago, LarsA said:

Short question - should other aircrafts be visible on TCAS? I don't have anything on my navscreen (FBW A32X).. 

By the way - your work is absolutely amazing, Kai! Thanks a lot!! 

I can see other aircrafts with WT CJ4. Should work with other planes also.

Hello.

I dont get any airplanes in the sim and I am starting to wondering if i did something wrong in the setup page. 
But now I cant open the setup page anymore in the Manager. I mean the setup under Settings - AIGAIM OCI - Setup.

I have tried to delete the program folder and unzipped it again but that didnt work. 

Any ideas?

6 hours ago, mikced76 said:

Now if only we can get some model matching up so IVAO and VATSIM will use them as well.   

I plan to make a very basic model matching file for my own demand this weekend but I think I'll share this file with others so everyone can extend it and make it better and more accurate and adjusted to everyone's very own needs.

For example Austrian Airlines: A319, A320, A321, DH8D, 777, and E195 are included in AIG's current version but the 767 is not.

In my .vmr file I plan to replace the currently missing 767 with the 777:

<ModelMatchRule CallsignPrefix="AUA" TypeCode="B767" ModelName="FLAi_TFS_B777-200GE........>

Having a 777 instead of a 767 is a better deal for me than having a completely generic aircraft instead of the missing one.

This is accurate enough for my needs at the moment and you can edit it easily when a B767 model is available at the OCI to get displayed 767s again instead of 777 😀

• Like 1

I know I am late to the party but I just had to give my heartfelt thanks to the creator and team that made this possible. I never thought this day would come and was really contemplating going back to P3D. I have used this program extensively in P3D so I know just how good it can be. Even though it's still a beta, it is millions times better than what we had before and will only get better. The people that are criticizing things have no idea what a huge gift this is and will realize that nothing comes close for AI traffic. I am guilty of thinking that AIG was a bully because they shut down all the AI programs that tried to do the same thing in the sim but they produced something that was worth the wait. Thank you so much for your dedication to this project and please continue on this path.

It would not be fair for me not to ask a few questions and make some observations. The main question that I had is do you have a plan for this program if ASOBO changes up everything in the next update? I would really hate everything go poof when ASOBO turns the switch. Also, where do you set the path to the AIFGM files in the program itself? I have the Traffic Generator but in the program there is a section to use the AIFGM files and that's a new thing for me because I only used BGL files in P3D. I have discovered that if you use the traffic generator, you will see correct airlines at the airport but if you don't use the traffic generator then you will see a variety of airlines with some that don't belong there and some that do, Is this correct?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, slizy said:

Hello.

I dont get any airplanes in the sim and I am starting to wondering if i did something wrong in the setup page. 
But now I cant open the setup page anymore in the Manager. I mean the setup under Settings - AIGAIM OCI - Setup.

I have tried to delete the program folder and unzipped it again but that didnt work. 

Any ideas?

Same happened to me. I didn't point to the right location of the folder and there was no way to change it because once you put it in there the settings link won't open. After I deleted everything in the folder and reinstalled I could then enter the correct path. Make sure you delete the right folder and then use the latest installation zip.

7 hours ago, LarsA said:

should other aircrafts be visible on TCAS?

It seems to be random. Sometimes they show up, sometimes they don't.

6 hours ago, mikejr said:

First of all, this is almost quite literally gamechanger for me… it was what I was waiting for to make MSFS my ‘next sim.’ 😮 Thanks to all those involved for this amazing mod! It was well worth the wait.

You can keep the Asobo GA traffic (and remove the A320 and 747 traffic) alongside the AIG traffic.

I can’t explain how much it really makes the sim come alive. 😁

FOR THOSE LOOKING TO KEEP GA TRAFFIC:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/aig-ai-manager-oci-for-msfs-development-announcement/324219/1050?u=mikerolowski

Happy flying (in busy skies)! ✈️

This seems a bit confusing but tempting to at least give a shot.

Being able to have the excellence of the AIG traffic AND being able to still see Pipers, Mooney's, 172's etc...  Now that would be awesome.  

Had a pretty busy evening departure out of SFO tonight. Parallel take off from 01L, with El Al 777 to the right of me, it was brilliant! Welcome back AIG, welcome back! 

• Like 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

8 hours ago, regis9 said:

Hopefully a future sim update (maybe SU7?) will eliminate ATC constantly asking AI aircraft to expedite their climb or descent to an altitude I’m guessing they’re already at.  The issue really becomes apparent with the volume of traffic we now have.

There is a mod that changes phraseology that fixed that problem by eliminating that request.

31 minutes ago, Tva said:

There is a mod that changes phraseology that fixed that problem by eliminating that request.

Doesn't fix the AI though. Because the ATC thinks they're at the wrong altitude, they'll either never tell them to descend, or they'll tell them too late, then they'll approach airports too high and have to go around.

Edited by Tuskin38