Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

AIG AI Manager OCI for MSFS – Development Announcement

OK, regarding my post in the Simple Traffic discussion about the lightning of the AIG airplanes I have made a third try and installed AIG on my system. In the meantime the procedure of setting up the software was no problem for me. 😉

BUT there is definitively a problem with lightning on landing aircraft.

I have only installed three airlines (Lufthansa, Eurowings, Condor) and placed my observing site at EDDF. I have set the traffic slider in the AIG Traffic Controller to 100% to see as much airplanes as possible. 

It was a pleasure to see all the Lufthansa airplanes starting. For landing observations I have watched the map of the Traffic Controller. After a few minutes the first airplanes appeared on the map for landing. But there were no airplnes to be seen on the sky - no landing lights, no strobe lights, no nav lights. And this problems was related to all landing airplanes. One airplane needed to make a go arround and there were no lights to be seen on this plane while it was flying by.

Patric

The AI A380 model actually has heat shimmer look under the wings lol ...talk about LOD 🙂

spacer.png

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Downloaded batch overnight. In addition to the aig-aitraffic-oci-beta folder in my comminity I also have a aig-aitraffic-oci-beta_CVT_ folder which contains a small number of folders containing a bunch of .NNZ files. Any idea what this is ?

Hm...I have installed a few more airlines for the United States, and then I have moved to KLAX. And there were no problems to be seen with lightning on landing airplanes. Perhaps this problem is model related?

Patric

Just now, pscharff said:

Hm...I have installed a few more airlines for the United States, and then I have moved to KLAX. And there were no problems to be seen with lightning on landing airplanes. Perhaps this problem is model related?

Patric

It is and I think AIG mentioned in the past that is the case. It's a beta folks! Look at MSFS, still in beta with a ton of issues. Patience! 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I can not decide if I should install AIG or not, I mostly fly GA from small to medium-sized airports, and to completely miss all parked GA at those airports is a difficult choice, so I plan to wait and see if Simple Traffic is good enough for me until AIG comes up with a solution for this drawback.

Or is it possible to use both by turning off AIG and use Simple Traffic when I fly GA? 

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 hour ago, pscharff said:

Patric

I think it is model related. I hooked this into my P3D5 install, and then using simbol's AI Reborn light app in P3D5, it reports light configuration of 5 or 7 plane models to be unusable or mis-figured. 5 to 7 models.....not bad for installing around 700. It's 22.1 GB's

Edited by jimcarrel
  • Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

i had a warning during AI-Manager installation:

Your local windows settings do not allow usage of paths longer than 256 characters! This can cause problems during an installation-process. Should we AIM now enable long paths in your Windows Registry? 

Did someone had the same issue?  To be honest i don't like to mess with Registry.

thanks

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

5 minutes ago, Seth2021 said:

Your local windows settings do not allow usage of paths longer than 256 characters! This can cause problems during an installation-process. Should we AIM now enable long paths in your Windows Registry? 

Did someone had the same issue?  To be honest i don't like to mess with Registry.

thanks

I could almost swear that somewhere during all this install, I had an offer to fix the longer character path. I think I said yes to it. But I also remember thinking of that problem as I was setting up directories.

*as to the landing lights on imcoming planes, I was just at Dallas, Texas and would have crossed paths with a liner if I hadn't seen his strobes and landing lights. (sure had a blast though) this is even better than sliced bread.

Edited by jimcarrel
  • Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

6 minutes ago, Seth2021 said:

thanks

I went ahead and said yes.  No problems in AIG or elsewhere so far.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ixoye said:

I can not decide if I should install AIG or not, I mostly fly GA from small to medium-sized airports, and to completely miss all parked GA at those airports is a difficult choice, so I plan to wait and see if Simple Traffic is good enough for me until AIG comes up with a solution for this drawback.

Or is it possible to use both by turning off AIG and use Simple Traffic when I fly GA? 

I can see how a person could use either or, you'd just have to not turn the Traffic Controller app for AIG. BUT, you will miss the fun of dodging some very nice liner models while cruising your plane around a big airport.

• Like 1

So I downloaded the files,  began setup.   Had to make an account at flightsim.com.  Had to make at account at AIG.   Had to answer questions about aircraft for AIG and look up the answers.   Spent over an hour trying to register for AVsim file library,  because separate login for some reason.    Gave up after an hour of trying to register for the file library.

I don't need this aggravation,  and I haven't even began to install anything yet.   I normally keep my mouth shut,   but I'm done with this.   Not jumping through hoops like a trained seal.

/off to find out how to reenable the traffic file disabled by the aig installer. 

edit:

"The default traffic file will need to be reenabled as well,  it is disabled with the AIG manager setup. It renames trafficAircraft.bgl to trafficAircraft.bgl.aigoff in the …\Official\OneStore\fs-base-ai-traffic\scenery\world\traffic folder To re-enable the default traffic, you remove .aigoff from the bgl file."

Edited by Waldo Pepper

3 hours ago, Ixoye said:

If you don’t run the AIG traffic program while running the sim you won’t have any AIG traffic so no reason that I know of why you couldn’t have both programs. 

2 hours ago, Seth2021 said:

thanks

You can edit the setting yourself in the registry:

Uninstall AIG - Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - The AVSIM Community

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Drumcode said:

My instance of MSFS is notorious for losing connection to Azure's ATC servers. 90% of the cases it happens 20 minutes into the flight or some time in the middle. Apparently a known issue and a bug reported to Asobo. Last evening, I had so much traffic and chatter at SFO, that I lost the connection still on the ground in San Fran, way ahead of take off. I am not sure how this technology works with Asobo, but I am beginning to believe that this may be something their servers may not be ready for? The amount of chatter was insane. I'm going to observe this now and see if it continuously happens in busy airports and whether I have to dial the slider down a bit.   

I was able to break this again tonight. This time on the departure from KSEA. Dang it. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |