captain420

Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS

9 hours ago, captain420 said:

With the Controllable ships mod, is it possible to sail the seas together online with your friends?

Maybe you can contact Rodrigo who did the conversion to pilotable ship; but in principle it is just a "low and slow" flying aircraft so there shouldn't be any difference from flying aircrafts together - or you can sail out in the storm and let someone come and find you in a helicopter....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The newest ferry on the English Channel "Cote d'Opale" getting ready for MSFS - it was baptized just three days ago. It will be in the new package next week.

21080801531216112917521801.jpg

Edited by KL791
  • Like 7

I love your package Henrick, thank you for your efforts, and am definitely looking forward to your update.

If they ever enable Great Lakes/Inland ships again, here is a classic but still operating ship that might interest you - the S.S. Badger, she’s a railroad car ferry from the 1950s that still operates by burning coal to generate steam for her engines and crosses between Michigan and Wisconsin daily.

I had the great fortune of crossing on her in a gale warning on Lake Michigan - I looked pretty green due to the rolling on the way over, but it was fun - and on the way back she was so smooth you couldn’t sense motion. 🙂

If ever interested I have my own photos as well as a book I could scan with drawings etc.

https://www.ssbadger.com

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Republic DC9 said:

I love your package Henrick, thank you for your efforts, and am definitely looking forward to your update.

If they ever enable Great Lakes/Inland ships again, here is a classic but still operating ship that might interest you - the S.S. Badger, she’s a railroad car ferry from the 1950s that still operates by burning coal to generate steam for her engines and crosses between Michigan and Wisconsin daily.

I had the great fortune of crossing on her in a gale warning on Lake Michigan - I looked pretty green due to the rolling on the way over, but it was fun - and on the way back she was so smooth you couldn’t sense motion. 🙂

If ever interested I have my own photos as well as a book I could scan with drawings etc.

https://www.ssbadger.com

I have her on the radar for a looong time; we will revive the Great Lakes routes without or with out the fix by Asobo; I already tested a lakes route but unfortunately holiday is over and I will prioritize converting as much as possible to native format due to the hickups experienced by some after SU5.

• Like 3

Appreciate all your work Henrik!  Really adds alot to the sim.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, KL791 said:

I have her on the radar for a looong time; we will revive the Great Lakes routes without or with out the fix by Asobo; I already tested a lakes route but unfortunately holiday is over and I will prioritize converting as much as possible to native format due to the hickups experienced by some after SU5.

Hey Hendrik,

as i am a big fan of your work too i was wondering if there is a way to support you via paypal ?

Would be a pleasure.

stay safe, Carsten

Carsten U

7 minutes ago, RTK1972 said:

Hey Hendrik,

as i am a big fan of your work too i was wondering if there is a way to support you via paypal ?

Would be a pleasure.

stay safe, Carsten

There is a donation bottom for coffees at flightsim.to... 😉 Coffee is always good, but we all do it for fun, though after SU5 it isn't that fun... With 40.000+ downloads there has been a lot of support - when it first came out it was basically okay, but SU5 just mess up everything as it is really different what users experience -- from all working fine to CTD depending on settings, systems etc... Personally with my system and settings I have it running normal except some texture swapping issues which we are in contact with Asobo about. Tomorrow holiday is over and focus will be on what puts bread on the table, but luckily a few volunteers joined to help with textures 😄

Global AI Ship Traffic MSFS V1 » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Edited by KL791
  • Like 3

Next up for conversion... This is before PBR with windows without shine

21080811062016112917522886.jpg

• Like 5

Obligatory: Is the Ever Given (or one of her sister ships) in the new pack? question.

14 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Obligatory: Is the Ever Given (or one of her sister ships) in the new pack? question.

Probably... at least she will come later, but next week it will just be the a limited amount of routes and ships. But then after that release the Global AI Ship Traffic with mdl files will start to loose routes and ships and the new package will gradually gain ships and improvements in models - e.g. hard decks. But first all files need to be converted.

• Upvote 1

Excellent work Hendrik,

With all these new vessels, are they just geo specific so far as where you might find them?

I downloaded your current package last night (OK early this morning 🙂 ) and loaded it up but didn't see anything around Auckland beyond the default MSFS (ships at 100%). I haven't tested anything of course, this was just a check that it could run and I suppose if I'm not seeing anything then maybe I haven't put the package in the community folder correctly, although I did the same as I always do. 

But specifically, are their some vessels in your package which we will never see in New Zealand anyway?  

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

Controllable Ships Fleet is now available for free through flightsim.to. https://flightsim.to/file/18668/controllable-ships-fleet

The Titanic, a nuclear submarine, fishing boats, and more.😍

Edited by guibru
  • Like 1

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

19 hours ago, Lord Farringdon said:

Excellent work Hendrik,

With all these new vessels, are they just geo specific so far as where you might find them?

I downloaded your current package last night (OK early this morning 🙂 ) and loaded it up but didn't see anything around Auckland beyond the default MSFS (ships at 100%). I haven't tested anything of course, this was just a check that it could run and I suppose if I'm not seeing anything then maybe I haven't put the package in the community folder correctly, although I did the same as I always do. 

But specifically, are their some vessels in your package which we will never see in New Zealand anyway?  

Thanks

The whole concept is to have realistic shipping specific to each area - so you have in Auckland e.g. New Zealand's MEKO destroyers and you have the Volvo Ocean race departing with the boats which were in the last edition and visited Auckland - and then cruise ships and more generic freighters but something which is at least very close to what you can see in New Zealand. In most other regions you will also have local fishing boats and the intention was to continue that expansion, unfortunately the constant changes to MSFS means more time is spent keeping up with MSFS than developing new stuff.... And this is probably also why you will see too little traffic now - after SU5 the ships based on mdl files do not show up appropriately... some times they do, but sometimes they don't. For some users no problems, for others big problems.

Anyway, today I figured out how we can do a quick fix making sure all ships can be converted and relaunched as native ships in September....

Edited by KL791
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Will there be multiple LODs?

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

59 minutes ago, hanhamreds said:

Will there be multiple LODs?

I said quick fix 😄  And multiple lods are not needed - these models are done for older sims and much better optimized than the models you can buy, because it was simply necessary at that time. 

After releasing the quick fix we can go on beautifying, optimizing further, and releasing updates but the important thing is to get a working package out containing all native models, so you all have a realistic free global traffic with in September more than 1400 different models working again 

Edited by KL791
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1