Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS

2 hours ago, KL791 said:

Thanks

The whole concept is to have realistic shipping specific to each area - so you have in Auckland e.g. New Zealand's MEKO destroyers and you have the Volvo Ocean race departing with the boats which were in the last edition and visited Auckland - and then cruise ships and more generic freighters but something which is at least very close to what you can see in New Zealand. In most other regions you will also have local fishing boats and the intention was to continue that expansion, unfortunately the constant changes to MSFS means more time is spent keeping up with MSFS than developing new stuff.... And this is probably also why you will see too little traffic now - after SU5 the ships based on mdl files do not show up appropriately... some times they do, but sometimes they don't. For some users no problems, for others big problems.

Anyway, today I figured out how we can do a quick fix making sure all ships can be converted and relaunched as native ships in September....

Thanks for that feedback Hendrik.  We all look forward to your work 🙂.   

• Like 1

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

On 11/20/2020 at 9:07 PM, captain420 said:

Any news or updates regarding this? I miss this add-on so much since the FSX and P3D days. The coastal regions and oceans need more life to them.

You can use the current version of the GLOBAL AI SHIP TRAFFIC FILE IN FS2020. It does not work for some simmers. I was having problem to make it work then finally I changed the file name

of the MOD and it woks every time now. Try changing the file name of the mod in the community folder if it does not work initially  

3 hours ago, MOD_FLYER said:

You can use the current version of the GLOBAL AI SHIP TRAFFIC FILE IN FS2020. It does not work for some simmers. I was having problem to make it work then finally I changed the file name

of the MOD and it woks every time now. Try changing the file name of the mod in the community folder if it does not work initially  

You just quoted a post from last November. They probably already dealt with it

Time for a small update... With the help of both old and new team members are we progressing faster than expected -and we will have even more new ship models added. A Beta with more than a hundred ships will be shared tomorrow in a limited group to test on different systems and the Quick Fix might become available within three weeks bringing ALL 1300 ships back in the sim. More news after the beta test, but so far it looks good. 

21081407380516112917528773.jpg

We are prioritizing getting all the models over in native format as quick as possible leaving light effects and wakes for the next step, but still we are simultaneously working on this...

21081409080716112917528840.jpg

21081408153416112917528822.jpg

• Like 18
  • Upvote 3

And more....

The models appear were intended and when intended and no texture nor performance issues have been seen so far 😄

21081409391116112917528853.jpg

21081409391116112917528854.jpg

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, KL791 said:

21081409391116112917528854.jpg

The ship does not look like its name 🙂 🙂  Its name should be "DIRTY"

Great addon. Thank you and the team, for your efforts.

Edited by kt069
  • Like 2

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

This looks incredible! I can't wait to see your Global AI ship traffic in native MSFS format! 🙂 Hopefully this will cure all those pause/stutter problems. The oceans are coming back to life again. Thanks to you and your team for this!

MSFS is becoming more than just a flight sim for me. It's slowly becoming a boat sim and a plane spotting sim for me as well! 🙂

• Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

3 minutes ago, captain420 said:

This looks incredible! I can't wait to see your Global AI ship traffic in native MSFS format! 🙂 Hopefully this will cure all those pause/stutter problems. The oceans are coming back to life again. Thanks to you and your team for this!

MSFS is becoming more than just a flight sim for me. It's slowly becoming a boat sim and a plane spotting sim for me as well! 🙂

So far it looks all good with Stutters, but big test will be tomorrow when we run 50 ships at a time in New York. But there isn't any reason these ships should give issues - they are extremely optimized. Let's just say the big CMA CGM occupies less than 16 Mb including textures to give you an idea and it is quite low poly like AI should be.

• Like 6

Simply outstanding. After the initial conversion is done, will every ship in the package include wake effects and lights or only some?

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

8 hours ago, captain420 said:

Simply outstanding. After the initial conversion is done, will every ship in the package include wake effects and lights or only some?

In the end all should have it. Unless Asobo changes their mind and changes everything after SU6... Anyway once all models are native it is much easier for us to update on an ongoing basis; hard decks, animations etc. Once native we can just pick one ship and update that - with the previous version if we updated on one ship everybody would have to have their _CVT folder updated... and we can not mix native and non-native in one package.

21081509235616112917529008.jpg

• Like 3

Sorry if this has already been answered but is there already a planned release date?

Thanks!

• Like 1

CPU: Ryzen 5600 no OC, MB: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: 32GB DDR 3600, GPU: RX6900XT, 2TB SDD, Res: WQHD

10 minutes ago, chatman said:

Sorry if this has already been answered but is there already a planned release date?

Thanks!

Time for a small update... With the help of both old and new team members are we progressing faster than expected -and we will have even more new ship models added. A Beta with more than a hundred ships will be shared tomorrow in a limited group to test on different systems and the Quick Fix might become available within three weeks bringing ALL 1300 ships back in the sim. More news after the beta test, but so far it looks good. 

• Like 2

If you guys need another tester, please don't hesitate to ask, I'll be more than happy to give a hand.

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

same here, more than happy to beta test for you.

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir