Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Latest Asobo update has radically changed the a/p

But guys VR is coming....

(That is a joke)

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

7 hours ago, robert young said:

Asobo need some proper pilots and people who know what they are doing. Every update like this goes completely over the top. Smoothing means making something less abrupt. This ain't smoothing. It's strangling!

Ditto!!!!

So frustrating!

Beginning to think all the staff at ABOSO is only capable of tweaking and adding scenery at this point!

Instead of blindly tweaking they need more input from RL professional pilots!

• Upvote 1

Chris Camp

Same issues here, very sluggish in general, tried the DA62, the Cessna C208b and the C172 and they are really very sluggish in capturing the HDG in AP. Haven't tried yet any landings. It's so frustrating!. I'm started to have a love and hate relationship with those "World Updates" and "Updates". They always break something thas was right before the patches. Now in December the VR: please don't touch anything else unless you (Asobo) corrects these new issues with the AP sensitivities first.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino
  • Like 2

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

For me, MSFS 2020 has been a combination of amazement and frustration. 

Seems if Microsoft can’t decide if this is a serious flight sim or a game, then they could put more choices in the options and let us choose.  Then we all would have the best of both worlds.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, robert young said:

It could be either my imagination or something peculiar to my MSFS installation, but I don't think so. Every aircraft I've tried so far, default or modded, starts coming out of a heading-select turn way, way too early. Example: You are flying due North and you select due East, and switch on altitude hold then heading. Before the update, most aircraft banked at 20-30 degrees then would roll out of the turn approximately 5-10 degrees before the selected heading, then settle on the heading within around 5-8 seconds max.

After the update every aircraft I've tried starts rolling fine, but then begins rolling to level far too early, resulting in the last 10 degrees capture of the heading taking ages. Now if I am wrong on this I apologise, but anyone interested in this might like to test it for themselves. The other odd thing is that so far I cannot over-ride these settings at all, whatever I tweak. This has implications for ILS capture too, as the roll for heading correcting is so slow now that I keep missing the localiser unless I capture the LOC from a very shallow angle.

And to think I was happy I could finally get the Longitude up to 45,000ft without the 'Dolphin Dance' or 'Wing Rock' introduced in previous patches... You are correct they over did something here and now we have another problem... 

• Like 3

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

At least it sounds like the GA aircraft are following a course. The A320 AP refuses to do anything except a spiral of death. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

But guys VR is coming....

(That is a joke)

Is it?  The gentle turns probably avoid upsetting the stomachs of sensitive VR users with fast roll rates and heading changes. (Ok, probably a joke)

I think I am going to make a video comparing turns in MSFS, FSX, and the XP11 demo, with the ground track in LittleNavMap overlaid.    

What we need is for Working Title to create their own WASM module autopilot and tie the functions in the WT G1000 to that module instead of the Asobo AP.   Free us from this prison of constant misery!!!!!

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 minute ago, marsman2020 said:

Is it?  The gentle turns probably avoid upsetting the stomachs of sensitive VR users with fast roll rates and heading changes. (Ok, probably a joke)

I think I am going to make a video comparing turns in MSFS, FSX, and the XP11 demo, with the ground track in LittleNavMap overlaid.  

Please do, we would have hard proof for Asobo,

It's a plus if you have the A2A C172

5 minutes ago, bendead said:

Please do, we would have hard proof for Asobo,

It's a plus if you have the A2A C172

I have no mods for any of the other simulators.  I never got into them because I didn't want to deal with maintaining a house of cards of different mods and scenery to have a visually pleasing experience.  (I did this for the Orbiter Space Flight Simulator back in the day, and it drove me nuts, but it also helped me learn a lot about orbital mechanics when I was in college since it is an actual simulator..)

I spent last night...well this morning....after understanding what Asobo had done here mapping my controllers in the XP11 demo and trying it out.....

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

4 hours ago, Bottle said:

Do all the APs have a Bank button? If memory serves me correctly it decreases the bank angle so you don't upset passengers, spill drinks, etc. I wonder if they've accidentally coded the Bank button to be turned on by default.

The bank button is for half standard rate turns, i.e. 1.5 degrees per second. 

Edited by mtr75

Flew the CJ4 from Rome to Corfu. The very slow banking means that the aircraft would overshoot the GPS track from one side and then the other. A lateral dolphin dance... it would eventually settle down though, until the next waypoint requiring a direction change.

the bigger issue was on entering the approach to Corfu, it totally ignored the next waypoint and continued on the same heading. Seems the AP lost the plot completely. Recycling NAV made no difference. Went into HDG mode to fly the rest of the approach.

• Like 2

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

2 hours ago, Dillon said:

And to think I was happy I could finally get the Longitude up to 45,000ft without the 'Dolphin Dance' or 'Wing Rock' introduced in previous patches... You are correct they over did something here and now we have another problem... 

Lol out of fear of being disappointed i did not dare to take it up to 45000. I chickened out at 35000 and decided it was good enough.

Funny how it has come to this.. having your Aircraft and systems so broken and being repeatedly disappointed to the point Im now in fear of  testing the system to the fullest to make sure it works again.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

I would question again quality assurance department! Asobo learnt learnt little after 3 month! The was a big talk about using alpha/beta tester after release. They would expose all issues in a few hours in no cost!

ostrich-head-in-sand.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

5 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Yet again 2 steps forward and 1.5 back sideways

And don’t forget, a sneaky step straight backwards in between. Let’s call it the “Asobo Shuffle”

Edited by RaptyrOne
  • Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor