Sign in to follow this  
sanh

Great example of Asobo trying to help resolve issues

4 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Dude, im french, i literally have no idea what you'r talking about 😄 (thats not true actually, the name rings a bell). 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnVP4cr9X0U

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

8 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

The best solution is to have a beta testing branch.  What you should be pushing for is a beta testing branch instead. They may have plans for a beta testing branch for the VR release but I'm not sure if they will continue the beta testing branch after the VR release. In any case, we should hold Asobo to the beta testing branch, in case they decide to stop it after the VR release

In the last Q&A they mentioned they plan to set up a beta process for all releases, not just VR.  I think they said they were aiming for Q1 to introduce it, but it might slip into Q2.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, DJJose said:

They need to do this for other issues such as lightning where it should not be and the terrain/mesh that I have to deal with.

Then they should wait three months before they release another update that breaks another feature.

In any other line of work this kind of incompetence is a fieable offense.

In my opinion they just have to play the game. I don't think they do it. They introduced a new bush trip which is an embarrassing showcase of artifacts: blocky cloud reflections due to zero wind and flat water (weather not modifiable), white texture gaps between water and land, absurd coloration of the terrain in many areas (pink, purple, glowing green..).

All of this is very evident from minute 1 of the first leg of the trip, not on a remote hidden area but on a newly released, featured content! 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

43 minutes ago, sanh said:

Yes I know they are introducing annoying bugs but when the (i assume) CEO of Asobo is helping the A320 mod team fix the AP bug perhaps we should be a little more grateful 

References

Special thanks to Sebastian from Asobo for helping to diagnose the issue and come up with this temporary solution.

https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/pull/2140

I certainly miss something but I do not understand their message as the issue is not limited to the 320. 

Hello,

We are aware of the AP issues with the A320 and the team is working hard on a fix to resolve this with the next update.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

35 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I got it. They are learning on the job.

If you aren't learning something on the job get a new job...  I've been in my field for 25 years, still learn something new pretty much daily.  Nothing wrong with learning on the job.  I would fire the person who doesn't want to learn or thinks they know it all (cough cough you know like sideline QB's) over the person willing to learn any day.  

You really would make a horrible leader with that attitude.   

• Like 4

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Having read impartially all the complaints on this forum I have come to the conclusion that the only satisfactory solution to these problems is, as requested many times:

1) fire all Asobo staff immediately

2) withdraw the sim from sale and close down all servers, they have done it before with FSX so can do it again

3) issue a public apology and promise that MS will never make another flight sim ever again

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Dude, im french, i literally have no idea what you'r talking about 😄 (thats not true actually, the name rings a bell). 

One of the best comedy movie of the last 30 years (and I am French too  !). The kind of movie you watch every so often.  

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

18 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I certainly miss something but I do not understand their message as the issue is not limited to the 320. 

Hello,

We are aware of the AP issues with the A320 and the team is working hard on a fix to resolve this with the next update.

They are not talking about the slow AP tracking issue discussed on these forums that effects all aircraft. 

They are talking about all the other serious craziness that has been happening with the A320 since last patch.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

In my opinion they just have to play the game. I don't think they do it.

That's something I keep asking myself, too. It does apply both to Asobo as well as LM for their bug-ridden patches during the last months. Not all, but some of the issues were so obvious that you find them after 1 hour or even less of normal gameplay (sorry, simulation). No help by a highly specialized expert required.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 5

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

4 minutes ago, pmb said:

That's something I keep asking myself, too. It does apply both to Asobo as well as LM for their bug-ridden patches during the last months. Not all, but some of the issues were so obvious that you find them after 1 hour or even less of normal gameplay (sorry, simulation). No help by a highly specialized expert required.

Kind regards, Michael

Over the years I started a couple of threads asking developers if they flew the sim for the own fun. As I recall, there were few answers, generally negative. Only addon developers answered as you can imagine. 

• Like 1

Dominique

36 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Having read impartially all the complaints on this forum I have come to the conclusion that the only satisfactory solution to these problems is, as requested many times:

2) withdraw the sim from sale and close down all servers, they have done it before with FSX so can do it again

3) issue a public apology and promise that MS will never make another flight sim ever again

I hope you are joking Glenn, 🙂 as I don't think Jose was calling for anything like that above really.  And I haven't seen anyone else call for anything that severe either.  It is just that some feelings are running high due to the frustration levels, and then silly things get said.

As much as I have complained, I just want them to recognise the faults, and get better.  Firing people is the dumb way - improving them, or the way they work, is the way to do it.

Sometimes the frustration is caused by them not recognising the problem (like some of the Baghdad Bob's on here) rather than taking too long to fix it.

For instance, they say they cannot replicate the clear air lightning on their machines. So then they must be running some different version or set-up to us.  Actually, I think I know why now - maybe their fancy water masks that we don't have are cancelling out the lightning! 😄

Going back to the OP though.  That is really encouraging and and a great bit of response.  Well done Asobo (and Sebastian in particular). 👍  Really heart warming to see this.
After watching their Twitch videos, I genuinely like the guys, that is why I get so frustrated myself when they make the silly mistakes - because then I know what they have coming their way. 

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

35 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Too funyyyyyy LOL

The AP issue was affecting all airplanes or at least the ones I tested.

👍

2 minutes ago, DJJose said:

The AP issue was affecting all airplanes or at least the ones I tested.

Sounds like this AP issue might be specific to the A320 AP.  We need a bit more detail really as the response to this from Asobo has been interesting. 👍

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

57 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Hello,

Would be awesome if their message was the following

Hello,

We are aware of the AP issues with the A320 and the AP lateral navigation on most of the aircraft is not working properly since the last patch, the team is working hard on it. Expect a hotfix as soon as possible

• Like 1