Sign in to follow this  
sanh

Great example of Asobo trying to help resolve issues

7 minutes ago, SceneryFX said:

Some people get carried away in here, but having been pretty deep in all these SIM's SDK all the way back to FS 2004/FSX and P3D and Xplane, and now FS 2020...

That's the key bit, the getting carried away.  Some people act like buying a retail copy of a game entitles them to white glove levels of service and support, and since it sounds like you and I have both been in the game for a good long time you understand how irrational that is.

Basically, people just need to keep this lesson in mind:

• Like 2

It's their hobby, so some of it is understandable. It's like if there were ONLY 1 local golf course, and they stopped watering the lawn, now you are golfing on sand.

This is a very technical project, I'm sure more technical than their other projects because in a Flight Sim you cannot use as many fudge factors in the math. Regular games are full of fudge factors or they'd have to pay experts in every area, and that is part of the issue I guess, but the core issue is the way they are allocating their resources.

As noted from the start, some of the 3D modelers should have become managers to direct outside hiring of experts or contractors in specific areas temporarily. They have the resources, but they are just doing things in a weird order. 

It really doesn't take that long to write out some documentation, I mean even if the SDK has broken elements (which it does), at least note which parts are WIP instead of leaving out ENTIRE segments of documentation. 

Edited by SceneryFX

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

I think its more than clear now that some people will never like this guys no matter what they do ....

Image removed as image is no longer available.

21 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Then some people just go out and do stuff like this ...

These blurries tho... her fans should definitely crowdfund a new PC.

https://youtu.be/iBxwSRRuDD0?t=5990

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5

18 hours ago, DJJose said:

In any other line of work this kind of incompetence is a fireable offense

My guess currently you are unemployed.

Edited by Egbert Drenth
  • Like 2

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I have the impression that everything is just going according to plan with MSFS. Leave the devs alone, they know what they are doing. Any problems will be dealt with in time (still 9.6 years to go)!

You users should be happy and grateful to move about in this beautiful world.

I actually hope that MSFS stays just the way it is - seriously! 😁

So thanks sanh, wthomas, kaosfere and whoever else is on duty right now (is beansprout still on vacation?) to balance things out with those never satisfied.

Let Asobo do their thing, I say - your meddling is not needed.

This game is bringing so much enjoyment to so many - this is what matters, not some obscure technicality.

Edited by Janov
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Janov said:

Any problems will be dealt with in time (still 9.6 years to go)!

No, just no.

If the support over a period of 10 years means something, is the addition of free and paid DLC, improving systems ex G1000/G3000, DX12, replay system, even if I hate to put this in this category, etc...

6 month after release we should get a completely working game, 99% bug free, with all the features that were promised on marketing videos.

1 hour ago, bendead said:

No, just no.

If the support over a period of 10 years means something, is the addition of free and paid DLC, improving systems ex G1000/G3000, DX12, replay system, even if I hate to put this in this category, etc...

6 month after release we should get a completely working game, 99% bug free, with all the features that were promised on marketing videos.

hahahaah amasing, some ppl live in a kind of dreamland here.

really funny thread here..also very typical, and thats probably why there is nada freeware here at avsim.

i say it is only a very limited amount of ppl who complain so much.

a shame really, years long avsim had great forums, with fab info, nowadays its complain after complain, loads of negatitvity

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bendead said:

No, just no.

😄 I think you need to get used to Janov's sarcastic sense of humour with the 'still 9.6 years to go'.

Can't you tell by his picture?  This guy likes a laugh!  😁  And I really don't blame him.  I actually think we need to laugh a bit more sometimes.

As for me. I agreed with JSPilot's post to start with, and 'liked' it.  On re-reading it and then reading Kaosfere's post, I then went back and withdrew the like, as the wording does seem a bit severe.  But I do understand the frustration.

I think a lot of users sit somewhere between the outright supporters, and the severe critics.  I am mildly disgruntled with the issues lately, to the point that I actually questioned if someone is sabotaging Asobo's updates just before release, as some of the issues are very strange, and they don't seem to understand why themselves. 

So now, I am waiting to see which way it goes.  I do fear the community polarising out to the extremes on this though, as you can see by some of the arguments lately.  I wish people would moderate themselves a bit.  On some occasions, there has been a distinct lack of respect from both sides of the argument, and it is totally unnecessary. 

• Like 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

7 hours ago, kaosfere said:

That's the key bit, the getting carried away.  Some people act like buying a retail copy of a game entitles them to white glove levels of service and support

Can you please give me one example in this forum of where that's even remotely the case? I'm not asking rhetorically. Please show me a single example.

All I've seen is people asking for basic functionality of a full priced commercial product, and for updates not to actively make the sim worse.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

These blurries tho... her fans should definitely crowdfund a new PC.

https://youtu.be/iBxwSRRuDD0?t=5990

She probably would prefer to get her  Q400 roster seat back and get back in a real aircraft again  😄

Anyway, point was if she can get 100,000 subscribers and that one live feed has had 12,000 views in less than 12 hours there are a lot of people out there still keen on the game even with Asobo dropping the ball occasionally.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Egbert Drenth said:

My guess currently you are unemployed.

and you are implying?

To answer you question I'm self employed. I can provide an entertainment service (including Drone Images) for Wedding Receptions or Private Events to anyone who needs it here in the Tampa Bay area.

If you have your own airplane I can help you with your flight review or IPC. If you want a private pilot certificate, instrument rating, commercial certificate or CFI in an ASEL, I can help you achieve those goals.

Here's a link to my linkedIn profile:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/prodjjose/

Edited by DJJose
  • Upvote 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

4 hours ago, Janov said:

I have the impression that everything is just going according to plan with MSFS. Leave the devs alone, they know what they are doing. Any problems will 

So thanks sanh, wthomas, kaosfere and whoever else is on duty right now (is beansprout still on vacation?) to balance things out with those never satisfied.

Nice flame post. Go over to steam charts and type x-plane 11 and look at the downward trend on x-plane usage this year. Its about half what it was earlier this year and closer to 2018 levels. Sorry. Couldn't resist that one 😉 I actually like x-plane.

For a product only released 4 months ago I think its great and I dont remember any previous sim being perfect at release or having this level of freeware after just 4 months.

I rarely post nowadays as forums are now venting and complaint arenas mostly rather than an exchange of information but once in a while its worth posting a positive thread like mine just for those too busy flying the sim to read all these repetitive posts.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sanh said:

For a product only released 4 months ago I think its great and I dont remember any previous sim being perfect at release or having this level of freeware after just 4 months.

There is no question the graphics came out of the gate ahead of everyone else, but that is because Asobo is a true gaming company vs. Xplane is mostly engineers or hardcore traditional programmers, and Xplane didn't invest a lot in graphics. Xplane, FSX, and the others had issues too, yah, no-one denies it. However, the issues were not degrading into broken functionality on the patches, they were getting better. Xplane has a proper dev cycle, and I disagree with some others that "Xplane is full of bugs", there are things that could be improved, but it's quite refined compared to this (other than graphics, which are the most important). So yah, arguably the graphics being the most important thing, but then it does have Ortho4XP.  Xplane just needs to change the water and trees first, then go from there, that is the easiest thing they can initially do to improve it. 

This isn't a complaint, it's more of an astute observation. It is what it is, and as some have said, people complaining won't change it. Sometimes people think that anything negative is a complaint, really it's a discussion.

The reason the freeware is so high is because people are A) Converting old airports from FSX to FS 2020, and B) Using Google to import objects. Neither of those were as easy to do as they are now.

However, there is no doubt in my mind that after the last couple patches (especially the last one), that they need to change their process.

Edited by SceneryFX
  • Like 4

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram