Sign in to follow this  
Alvega

Tropical water

DJ, 

Don’t tempt fate with those beautiful sunset pics! Hopefully we will get our water masks back with improvements forthwith. Would be nice If Asebo would tell us when to expect - even if just in stages.

• Like 1

Maybe the XBOX doesn't support it 😛

• Upvote 2

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

And they keep releasing trailers that showcase this non existent (in those specific locations) feature. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, UAL4life said:

And they keep releasing trailers that showcase this non existent (in those specific locations) feature. 

That's just annoying!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

They lost so much credit with me cos of this false advertising of tropical waters in all their videos which was all nothing but lies. How can a company get away with this. 

• Like 2

Lukas Dalton

12 minutes ago, DaWu said:

How can a company get away with this. 

They haven't been hit where it hurts. 😀

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I am to embark on my annual Caribbean swing in early January and if there are not more addon region airports and more realistic water then as usual I will be back in FSX SE with the Carenado C208.

I don't have high expectations....  Sigh!

My highest hope at this point is that my Honeycomb Bravo will arrive in time for that trip....

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

5 hours ago, DJJose said:

Not just that the tropical water is missing, but they damaged the islands with their terrain update. It looks nothing like the videos they posted and over time the sim has gotten worse.

theyre getting ready for xbox users, its looking more and more that things will be scaled back to support them.

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

3 hours ago, DaWu said:

They lost so much credit with me cos of this false advertising of tropical waters in all their videos which was all nothing but lies. How can a company get away with this. 

i hear you, I live in the tropics and all my region is incorrect or extremely poorly done when it comes to water, the biggest natural reef in the world is missing from the game.

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

7 hours ago, duckbilled said:

I understand that they have to redo all of the tropical water masks by hand. The likelihood that we will have tropical water anytime soon is slim, IMHO. That upsets me. Most don't care.

Isn't this "by hand" project just the sort of thing that could be outsourced to the community, who would do it for free! 🤷‍♂️

Asobo, give the community the tools/know-how to do the water masks. 🤔 You will have the entire world done within a few months.

• Like 2

Matthew S

6 hours ago, DJJose said:

At least we still have this:

GMwANUe.png

KKXRHon.png

LMAO!!!

God especially in that last pic... those big glowing white orbs floating all over the place look horrible!!!

Edited by Kilo60
  • Like 1

Chris Camp

3 hours ago, jeansy said:

theyre getting ready for xbox users, its looking more and more that things will be scaled back to support them.

I don't think it has anything to do with that. It's just a bit of additional streamed aerial imagery. I can't imagine that this has an impact on performance. Also, they officially confirmed water masks many times (e.g. in the last Q&A two weeks ago). Why should they do the exact opposite now?

But I don’t quite understand why they took them out and why we haven’t heard or seen anything about this either. In the last Q&A from Sebastian said:

“We update the water masks all the time so they were already in our dev branch. […] I think there’s two last bugs which are being fixed so I think it’s a matter of days for a water mask update to be live.”

Maybe those two bugs are a bit more severe than they thought. Maybe it has something to do with the “water creeping up the cliffs bug” that has been reported since the last update, which could be a result of the mesh update.

Whatever the reason, I don’t think there’s some sort of hidden agenda. It’s much more likely that they came across some new issues and that it just takes a bit longer than expected. Still, saying it’s just a matter of days and then not delivering anything for two weeks isn’t the best PR.

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

So obviously none of you bothered listening to the guys at MS and Asobo in their last stream when they explained how they are aware of this and that all the masks were being updated and should be out in the next update? But of course, it's 2020 and much easier to whine about it instead.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

21 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

But of course, it's 2020 and much easier to whine about it instead.

I sometimes wonder in which naive perfect world people like you live in? Do you really think, Asobo would use ressources to fix stuff no one cares about? What is this regularly updated development slide for then? We as customers NEED to "whine" about stuff they promised but are currently missing. Otherwise they could simply conclude: well, obviously nobody is bothered by the lacking watermasks, so why adding them anyway?

Think about it. It is always criticism driving a sim forward, not naive praising of everything. And of course, critisms tends to go abroad in forums, when many people share their disappointment. Thats life, all developers of unfinished games need to go through this...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

2 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

So obviously none of you bothered listening to the guys at MS and Asobo in their last stream when they explained how they are aware of this and that all the masks were being updated and should be out in the next update? But of course, it's 2020 and much easier to whine about it instead.

Unless I have completely understood, that is not what they said at all. 

They said this data is updated separately (uploaded to the servers) and not specifically pushed in an update.  The water masks are not uploaded to our machines - they are streamed.
They also said they already use the data (water masks) as can be seen by their videos, so they said it should be fairly simple to do. 

They also said they can do it in a number of days (not at the next update), and they would look at publishing a map of the water mask areas uploaded to the server as they go.  Did I hear it wrong?

I would also love to know why the other water masks have gone missing so quickly.  Once again, this is a streaming sever issue, nothing to do with the software updates.  Strange!  So many unaswered questions at the moment about wierd issues happening, such as the coastlines being changed for the worse.  It was not mentioned in any patch notes that they tampered with this.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.