Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

[HOTFIX] Release Notes Version 1.11.7.0

Ban on Cheerios for you!  For the greater good.  🙂

Edited by ivng
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

You probably have a malformed `manifest.json` (or other file, but that's the most likely culprit from what I've seen) in your community folder.   Empty that out and try again.

Interesting, this just started after the last update.  Where do I find this file?  You said Community Folder but where exactly? Thx.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

16 minutes ago, ivng said:

Ban on Cheerios for you!  For the greater good.  🙂

Already threw the 3 boxes in the cupboard in the trash!  Nothing but Fruit Loops for me now (because they are so colorful and happy, they MUST set the world right when eaten daily!) 🙂 

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Did they seriously just release a hotfix all because an addon aircraft wasn’t working? 

Edited by FAZZ3

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

This is just great, after the last patch the store won’t open on my end.  It just has an icon that spins saying ‘loading’....😳

I had this too.  I waited about 5 minutes, then used task manager to close it.  Then re-opened it.  Mine still wouldn't download, so I logged out of MS store, rebooted PC, then relogged in.  Then it all worked.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

4 minutes ago, haskell said:

Hello MOOOOOOOOOONEYYYYYYYY

In my best Jerry Maguire voice....its SHOW ME THE MOONEY! 🤣

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

19 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Where do I find this file?  You said Community Folder but where exactly?

It can be really tricky to diagnose this, unfortunately.  😞

The first thing I'd suggest would be to get MSFS Addons Linker if you don't have it already.  For some things in the "Title" column it might say "could not read the manifest.json file".   I'd try disabling those first.

That's usually fixed it for me, but there have been a couple times it didn't and I had to do a binary search for it.  (Disable half your addons and launch the sim.   If it works, disable those and enable the other half of your addons.   Then cut that half in half, and repeat the process narrowing the range of addons it can be in by half each time.)   It's... tedious.  But I have to worry about it less now that I've switched to only running with the particular set of addons I want for any given flight active.

Just now, leprechaunlive said:

Asobo stop doing good things, where are all the haters gonna go now on those long cold winter nights.?

lol, read back, there is still one..hahaha some wont give up.

10 minutes ago, FAZZ3 said:

Did they seriously just release a hotfix all because an addon aircraft wasn’t working? 

Yes they did.  And let's hope that in the future, they find a way to revamp the system in such a way the10 GaJillion simmers who don't own that addon... don't have to update their entire sim.

Since they are not really open to share their strategy on how they may plan to do this, who knows...maybe this patch fixes that too...If so...in the future, if you don't have a product that needs an update, you'll never have to perform that risky process of installing an update for the entire sim...just to fix something you don't even own. 🙂 

If this patch ALSO addresses that...and any other smaller CTDs that may happen IF you perform a specific series of mouse touches, then we all needed that part as well.  Time will tell....or the next time there is enough Community outcry that a paid app in the marketplace has been broken for months and all we've seen is a sad version of the blame game and no actual action to address the issue...we'll see another global patch when a Carenado plane breaks and they can't issue an update without thier parent's (MS) permission.  😉 

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

23 minutes ago, FAZZ3 said:

Not one addon, various addons. Did you really prefer they didn't or am I understanding this wrong?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

6 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

If this patch ALSO addresses that...and any other smaller CTDs that may happen IF you perform a specific series of mouse touches, then we all needed that part as well. 

This is totally a guess, but I'd imagine that this is pushing an updated error handler that will capture mouse events that would previously CTD and make them... not CTD.  In which case it's a global fix that needs to be in the sim, and that will benefit everyone.

But like I say, that's just a guess.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Asobo stop doing good things, where are all the haters gonna go now on those long cold winter nights.?

We have our own website....but its only filled with haters...so since we're always in such agreement that everything in the world suckx, there is almost no activity....and when there is...all you see is:

OP: MS really skrewed the pooch on the marketplace update methodology!

Poster 1: Yep

Poster 2: They sure did

Poster 3: You bet cha!

Poster 4: Nothing new

See?  Boring!  I used to post there everyday....haven't visited in ages...but I did peek in a week ago and saw this post:

OP: Where is that Guy Steve Dra that always used to post here all the time, absolutely raking MS/AS and Carenado over the coals about some "money" update or something?

Poster 1:  He's doing that over at some site called Avslim or something....doing a good job too as part of the PHG (Professional Haters Guild)

Poster 2: yep

Poster 3: He sure is. 

Poster 4: I HATE that he chooses to post his rants their instead of here!

• Reply 1: Yeah me too!  Wasn't he a founder of this forum?
  • Reply 2: Hate it too
  • Reply 3: Me too
  • Moderator post: Yes he was a founder...suspended his posting rights here after seeing him spread hate in other happy forums...he was warned that he'll likely be ridiculed and called a whiner, but he persisted anyway.  Jury is out if we'll ever let him post here again
    • Reply: Yeah!  I HATE him...hope his banned here!
    • Reply: Me Too!

🙂

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 hours ago, Alvega said:

It was only 234MB download for me on Steam. I have the standard version.

Me too. I'm on Steam too and now I'm on v1.11.7. I have the full version.

It seems that the update has only to do with the Carenado Mooney for the ones that have it and nothing else.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers