Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

[HOTFIX] Release Notes Version 1.11.7.0

11 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

This update didn't change any content manager content, it should be widely compatible.  We haven't seen any problems.

Quote didn’t work right. I was asking about the G530 mod

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

22 minutes ago, EvidencePlz said:

Have the Seminole not the Mooney so can't tell ya. But the only part of the audio in the seminole I hate is the sound it makes when you are taxing at 10-15 knots. Sounds like the aircraft is breaking apart or there's a earthquake happening somewhere.

Umm, the Seminole is still my favourite aircraft in all of FSX, P3D - even though I'm just an old bus driver now. My plan is to own a Seminole one day and lovingly take care of it and fly it like I stole it, on the weekends.

There was a great freeware package - I forget, that was a brilliant sound upgrade for the Semi.

From what I've gleaned from the Semi and the Mooney - these audios are just original FSX/ P3D stuff. There's been a lot of work on bringing the aircraft flight dynamics and textures and aerodynamics - to the new Sim.

Dragging and dropping the old Audio in to the new sim is NOT acceptable.

When you start up the MSFS 747 - and get that sound from all directions - sub-base, tiny little rattling things to do with Instrument startups, fans,  etc.

It's sort of, you know; - you can tell a portover - before you even take the stick at V1. How? - from the sound - it's dead in a MSFS environment.

We should demand greater opera for our ears because the MSFS audio environment is amazing and anything designed for another sim and dragged in is conspicuous by how rubbish it sounds.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kaosfere said:

It can be really tricky to diagnose this, unfortunately.  😞

The first thing I'd suggest would be to get MSFS Addons Linker if you don't have it already.  For some things in the "Title" column it might say "could not read the manifest.json file".   I'd try disabling those first.

That's usually fixed it for me, but there have been a couple times it didn't and I had to do a binary search for it.  (Disable half your addons and launch the sim.   If it works, disable those and enable the other half of your addons.   Then cut that half in half, and repeat the process narrowing the range of addons it can be in by half each time.)   It's... tedious.  But I have to worry about it less now that I've switched to only running with the particular set of addons I want for any given flight active.

Just checked after loading this update and still found the Marketplace hanging on loading.  The update showed up on my sim as mandatory.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I got the update, I think. When I tried to do a flight in the Caravan, I got a CTD when clinking wround the flightplan in-flight. Thinking that I failed to install something, I went back in to see if there was anything in the content manager, but the content in the content manager won't load. I just get the spinning wheel.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

3 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I confirm confirm this too..thank goodness!  ARGH...back to enjoying the mooney with GNS mod.

Now I have to learn the AP's Alt and VS in the Mooney all over again.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

You might want to empty your community folder and try again

When I saw the notice of the update I immediately quit the sim, used the Addon Linker to empty my Community folder, then restarted the sim and updated.  The only error I received is that when it sent me to the MS Store it did not close the sim, so was told cannot do as the sim was running.  I quit the sim from my taskbar and then clicked retry and it went well after that.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 hours ago, FAZZ3 said:

Did they seriously just release a hotfix all because an addon aircraft wasn’t working? 

Well they fixed a bug where the main symptom showed up with addon aircraft. Who knows what else it was effecting.

In 2 weeks we've got a fix so third party addons can work, but they could not find 5 minutes to fix the stretched UI on wide and utrawide screen. Great job...

15 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

@Steve Dra stop ranting and post some screenshots, @filou is taking over 😄

30 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Oh Please. On the Screenshots Thread. Not here.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

4 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Thank you Sergeant, an admirable display of self-restraint that does you great credit.

This thread concerns the latest Update No; 1.11.7.0.

Nothing like keeping on Topic, eh? 😉

Just now, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Thank you Sergeant, an admirable display of self-restraint that does you great credit.

This thread concerns the latest Update No; 1.11.7.0.

Nothing like keeping on Topic, eh? 😉

Hehe...topic-smochpic.....we're whining here!   And since this patch has apparently silenced the reason for whine....I need to ask...Do you still want Cheese with your Whine?  (sorry...could not resist).

I'm glad the patched fixed what it was supposed to and maybe even some behind the scenes stuff...while not breaking anything else that I've noticed so far.   Hoping that the folks having issues get it sorted...that has got to be the epitome of frustration!

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Weird, no update here (Steam).  Dang, I want to get my Mooney out of the hangar.  Checking for updates during launch and just goes on.  Reboot and the same.  Well, guess I'll just keep the Mooney in the hangar until I eventually get the update.

There is another update coming tomorrow, similar to last week's Navdata update.

Hi all,

I wanted to let you know that there will be another small update to download coming tomorrow similar to last weeks. At this time I don’t have too much information but I’ll provide more details on the update tomorrow. I don’t believe the version number will change.

Thanks everyone!

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/news-another-update-coming-tomorrow/333484

• Like 2