Sign in to follow this  
ctiger

UK2000 Christmas Sale

It is time for the UK2000 Christmas sale. 

https://www.uk2000scenery.co.uk/order

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I bought the Xtreme version of Glasgow last year. I think the HD upgrade has always been available to me at a 25% discount. With this sale I can now get it for 25% off but no credit for the earlier purchase.

I like Gary’s stuff and I will get it anyway but it seems odd.

paradisca1

Dell Precision T3610, Windows 7 x64 + Windows XP x32 (dual boot)
Intel Xeon Processor ES-1620 v2, 4 core, 3.70 GHz
8GD DDR3-1600 
Nvidia GTX 960,  Dell U3011 (3560 x 1600 px) + Asus Pa245Q (1929 x 1200px)
FSX Acceleration

The UKXtreme range of airports are consistently excellent and are great bargains at these prices. I have almost all of them and can highly recommend them to anyone who wants to add some quality UK airports to their set up.

I note that the three UK2000 VFR Airfield volumes are not included in the sale but, when you consider that each of them contains over 70 airfields, they are still a great bargain. Although they are not of course in the same league as the UKXtreme series, they are nevertheless a good way to populate England and Wales with additional airfields, airports and military bases for a very reasonable price.

Bill

• Upvote 1

I've never purchased UK2000 sceneries but plan to now as I don't own a single UK airport aside from EGLL by Aerosoft. I'm looking to buy Major airports (not the VFR series).

What would you recommend for Gatwick - Jennasoft or UK2000?

What would you recommend buying instead or in addition to ORBX offers?

ORBX offer New Castle, Leeds, Edinburgh, East Midlands and Bristol (by Pilot Plus).

Thanks for any valueable tips before I decide!

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

2 hours ago, Shomron said:

What would you recommend for Gatwick - Jennasoft or UK2000?

It really depends on personal preference. UK2000 Gatwick is a bit more bland in my opinion, and is a bit outdated. However, the Jennasoft scenery is known to have issues, and their support isn't very good I've heard. UK2000 have announced EGKK 2020, which would in my opinion be better than Jennasoft when released. It's all down to personal preference. 

I bought Uk2000 EGKK over Jennasoft in May. Why? Well, it's a stable scenery, it looks more true to like than Jennasoft in my opinion (I've flown out of Gatwick many times IRL) and my PC is not exactly co-operative with new software, so I'd need some solid support

It's down to you, and what you value.

As for other offerings, I'd say ORBX are superior when it comes to UK airports. Note ORBX . EGPH is made by Gaya Simulations, and doesn't feature the Turnhouse apron, and has pretty poor performance in v4 I've heard. I'd wait on an EGPH, unless performance isn't an issue.

As for other UK Airports, take a look at Glasgow, Inverness and Luton. They're all the "2020" range which in my opinion are great. Others are also good, but may be outdated. As for Bristol, graphically it's not as good as Pilot Plus Bristol, but if you pick up other UK2000 sceneries as well then you'll get a mouth-wateringly good deal.

To summarise.

EGNT, EGNM, EGNX: -ORBX is the best choice by a long stretch

EGGD- Solid product, if you buy other sceneries then the discount is well worth it. PilotPlus is visually better, but UK2000 is better in performance I think

EGGP- Digital Design, a better product and up to date. 

EGKK- UK2000, especially with 2020 product coming. Do check which version you like and read about it 

EGPF, EGGW, EGPE - UK2000. Brilliant products, well worth the prices.

EGLL- Aerosoft. Just is an overall better scenery.

Hopefully that helps, all of UK2000's offerings are great, just see which fit your taste. 🙂

Edited by Canine Crew
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Canine Crew said:

It really depends on personal preference. UK2000 Gatwick is a bit more bland in my opinion, and is a bit outdated. However, the Jennasoft scenery is known to have issues, and their support isn't very good I've heard. UK2000 have announced EGKK 2020, which would in my opinion be better than Jennasoft when released. It's all down to personal preference. 

I bought Uk2000 EGKK over Jennasoft in May. Why? Well, it's a stable scenery, it looks more true to like than Jennasoft in my opinion (I've flown out of Gatwick many times IRL) and my PC is not exactly co-operative with new software, so I'd need some solid support

As for other offerings, I'd say ORBX are superior when it comes to UK airports. Note ORBX . EGPH is made by Gaya Simulations, and doesn't feature the Turnhouse apron, and has pretty poor performance in v4 I've heard. I'd wait on an EGPH, unless performance isn't an issue.

As for other UK Airports, take a look at Glasgow, Inverness and Luton. They're all the "2020" range which in my opinion are great. Others are also good, but may be outdated. As for Bristol, graphically it's not as good as Pilot Plus Bristol, but if you pick up other UK2000 sceneries as well then you'll get a mouth-wateringly good deal.

To summarise.

EGGD- Solid product, if you buy other sceneries then the discount is well worth it. PilotPlus is visually better, but UK2000 is better in performance I think

EGKK- UK2000, especially with 2020 product coming. Do check which version you like and read about it 

Hopefully that helps, all of UK2000's offerings are great, just see which fit your taste. 🙂

Thanks for the detailed comparison!

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

50 minutes ago, Canine Crew said:

To summarise.

Is there an upgrade path from extreme to HD version? I may purchase UK2000 EGKK and save towards the future upgraded version

Shom

19 hours ago, Shomron said:

Is there an upgrade path from extreme to HD version? I may purchase UK2000 EGKK and save towards the future upgraded version

Yes, there is! Ther's also an upgraded path to MSFS (50% off I think)

Happy to help!

1 minute ago, Canine Crew said:

Yes, there is! Ther's also an upgraded path to MSFS (50% off I think)

Happy to help!

Thanks what is usually the Discount for moving from extreme to HD?

I looked at EGKK photos and it looks really outdated when compared with Jennasoft version

Shom

4 hours ago, Shomron said:

Thanks what is usually the Discount for moving from extreme to HD?

I looked at EGKK photos and it looks really outdated when compared with Jennasoft version

Discount is 30%

Yes, the EGKK does look outdated. But it will be more updated in the 2020 edition, as always the choice is yours. However, I do think the bland colours are more accurate. 

Take a look at their EGPF 2020, it's their most recent airport released, that's about where it should sit in graphics.

It should also be noted Gary's philosophy: Model what you can see as a pilot's perspective. This basically means that the apron areas such as taxiways and airside gates get more attention than areas like remote car parks.. It looks different but it is unlike some other developers and does help performance..🙂

It is completely your choice. You could also just wait for the new EGKK version, and then pick, they said the new Gatwick version was coming late this year as of the May update...

• Like 1

I see Gary's updated his website (finally!) but also seems to only accept Paypal now - no alternatives?

Real shame if so. I was about to buy 2 or 3 airports but UK2000 will be off limits to me if he's only taking Paypal, I don't want to set up an account with some dodgy third party processor.

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

1 hour ago, lambourne said:

I see Gary's updated his website (finally!) but also seems to only accept Paypal now - no alternatives?

Real shame if so. I was about to buy 2 or 3 airports but UK2000 will be off limits to me if he's only taking Paypal, I don't want to set up an account with some dodgy third party processor.

What‘s wrong with PayPal? I wished every purchase could be paid by PayPal. It is convenient and secure. I have used PayPal for many years and never had any problem. Why not give it a try?

Edited by Flyfox
  • Like 1

Felix

1 hour ago, lambourne said:

but also seems to only accept Paypal now - no alternatives?

I don't understand this common line of argument. PayPal is a secure payment method and one that backs the purchaser far more than a merchant.

Do you have a problem with Stripe (Orbx's payment processor) or BMT Micro (FlyTampa's processor)?
Other flight sim third party developers use alternative payment processors also.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 minutes ago, F737NG said:

I don't understand this common line of argument. PayPal is a secure payment method and one that backs the purchaser far more than a merchant.

Do you have a problem with Stripe (Orbx's payment processor) or BMT Micro (FlyTampa's processor)?
Other flight sim third party developers use alternative payment processors also.

I closed my Paypal account recently because I simply don't use it - and they reportedly threatened to charge "inactive" accounts a monthly fee. I've got better things to do than keep track of yet another account, especially one that could cost me money if I forget to use it.

Most retailers have more than one payment option, typically Paypal plus a direct card input page.

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

I fell out with PayPal as my accounts were always getting locked out.

It’s possible to just use the PayPal on the UK2000 site paying with a card as a guest, you don’t need a paypal account. You have to look carefully as the PayPal site layout is designed to make you think an account is required, as they want you to sign up. I’ve bought loads of airports from UK2000 over the years without a PP account.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1.