Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

Working Title CJ4 v0.8.0 - OPEN BETA - RNAV/LPV, VNAV, FADEC

8 minutes ago, raymar said:

Is anyone working on adding the performance numbers for the CJ4 to the Little NavMap freeware program? 

I've thought about doing this, unlike with PFPX it's not very difficult.   Since I now seem to not be the only person interested, I'll work on this. 😄

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

I've thought about doing this, unlike with PFPX it's not very difficult.   Since I now seem to not be the only person interested, I'll work on this. 😄

Most excellent. Thanks.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I have no words to express my gratitude, thank you very much!!

Just made a short flight, and for the first time i had no autopilot issues (entering in rol mode, etc..), except for some overshootings that i don't care much

I'm just curious, what's the Working Title plans for this aircraft? Implement more systems, make the inop buttons operative, improve the flight model? Keep doing the good job guys!

• Like 5

I basically only start up MSFS to see how this CJ4 is doing and it's really fantastic how far it's come. I did a quick flight with this latest update and it nailed the VNAV descent and an RNP approach.

• Like 4

I made a flight from KMIA to KILM vor to vor at FL370.  Most everything worked for me.  The plane seems to be a bit thirsty though. I haven't flown the CJ4 much, but, I keep confusing it with the C700 Longitude so I need to spend some time getting more familiar with the panel and gauges. I couldn't coax the Airspeed Tape to readout in Mach at Altitude. I thought a press of the Speed Button would switch it over at the proper altitude, but no go.

Anyway, tons of improvements for sure. Sounds much better, some fonts much easier to read.  Thanks everyone involved, greatly appreciated.  I'm off to bed to watch the Videos on my iPad.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

16 minutes ago, raymar said:

The plane seems to be a bit thirsty though.

Actually the range is now pretty much spot on, as are the fuel flow values at various altitudes. It's not meant for really long range flights. Think of it as a fast King Air and not really a small airliner. 300-1500 NM is where it's most comfy.

20 minutes ago, raymar said:

I couldn't coax the Airspeed Tape to readout in Mach at Altitude.

The airspeed tape always reads in KTS. The mach mode button just switches the speed hold to and from mach.

22 minutes ago, raymar said:

Anyway, tons of improvements for sure. Sounds much better, some fonts much easier to read.  Thanks everyone involved, greatly appreciated. 

So happy you dig it so far! We've had a blast building it.

-Matt

• Like 6

Can any of you guys explain why the APPR fix sequencing is still goofy (as listed in the release notes again)? Is this a MSFS bug or what is the specific issue?

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

38 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Can any of you guys explain why the APPR fix sequencing is still goofy (as listed in the release notes again)? Is this a MSFS bug or what is the specific issue?

It's just a minor bug in our new code that will be fixed probably this week where it doesn't advance the waypoints after you've switched out of LNAV to green needles (ILS). It doesn't really have an impact because once you change your PFD to ILS you don't really need the FMS to advance except in the case of a missed procedure, but we don't have those in yet anyhow....so it doesn't really have a material impact on your flight, but it does need to be fixed.

• Like 2

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

I've hit a strange problem.

When I select the ARR DATA page initially its viewable but as soon as I put in a origin AND destination the next time I select the ARR DATA page (where the vapp and vref data is) the entire FMC goes blank and I'm unable to recover it, the scratch pad works but the remainder of the screen is blank (both sides).

Now for something even stranger, the next time I start MSFS with the CJ selected after having this problem, I get most of the way through loading up a flight but then I get a complete blue screen of my entire computer.

The only way to break this cycle is to restart the pc after the FMC issue occurs and select a different aircraft initially, load the flight then exit back to the main menu and select the CJ, then it will load. Simply going back to the main menu and selecting another aircraft without restarting the pc does not work, I get a system crash no matter what aircraft is selected.

I've tried multiple different airports as origins and destinations and nothing changes it. I've also tried reinstalling the mod but to no avail. This page worked on the latest 0.7 release, I've only hit this problem with the 0.8 beta. The only other mods I have are the Garmin ones from WT and the famous bonanza mod. I also have the Iris Simulations Jabiru Installed.

Update: I've removed all other mods and uninstalled the Iris Simulations Jabiru and the problem still persists. I have no other 3rd party add-ons installed.

Regards,

Matt

Edited by matsout

Outstanding work.  Amazing progress from freeware development that far outpaces any payware.  Many thanks. 

• Like 3

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Hi,

thank you for this fantastic mod! 
I was just wondering whether it is possible to display the Vor2 DME indication in the PFD while performing an ILS approach.

7 hours ago, cwburnett said:

Nope, just the download folder in the link above.

Congratulations and MANY thanks for this release!

Just to be on he safe side: Are you saying we don´t need to have workingtitle-g1000 and workingtitle-g3000 mods on the community folder? Aren´t they also used by other airplanes?

Thanks a lot!!

Edmundo Azevedo

Awesome to see this guys! By the way, do you guys have opencollective page for donations? You guys deserve that! 😄 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super