Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Sim Update 2 (1.12.13.0) is now live!!!

8 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

The AP for the A320 turned much faster for me when I did a flight today.

Was it a default A320 or the FBW one?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Not once stepped into the 787 cockpit since launch day but I'm just loading up now at KLGA, the number of fixes in this update has wet my appetite....wish me luck!

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

2 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Probably default. FBW is broken for now.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

5 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Default A320. FBW A320 is almost always broken after a new patch (they usually need a day or a few days to fix it).

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Just checked out the TBM, AP much better with turns.

Anyone else notice the traffic variety option now? 

• Like 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

So it seems the consensus for this patch is that it's a good patch overall?  Doesn't seem to be any major show stopping bugs this time, like there were for recent patches.  If there aren't any show stopping bugs, then all the fixes & changes they made, make this a really good patch.

• Like 7

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, BigDee said:

This is the first time I can say this looks like plain FSX. The snowy mountains look in a modded FSX much much better. Funny.

maxresdefault.jpg

Is that a texture or dynamic? Will the snow be different every time you fly by that mountain or the same? 

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

6 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Anyone know if this breaks the WorkingTitle G1000 / G3000 mods?

3000 is just updated. From their Discord:

G3000 v0.3.3a now available: https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/g3000-v0.3.3a This brings the mod up to date with patch 1.12.13.0 (SIM UPDATE 2). Hotfix v0.3.3a also fixes a bug with the original v0.3.3 release that caused screens to freeze when the map tried to draw a flight plan path.

The CJ4 also just got updated to 0.8.2

Edited by espent
  • Like 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Installed UK2000 EGGD (Bristol UK).  Loaded MSFS and it decided to do the 13 Gb update.  Now I have spikes in the mesh in the EGGD area.  Of course because the airport and the update installed at the same time, I have no idea which is causing the mesh spikes.

Anyone mind having a fly around EGGD to see if they have any spikes in the locality.

FPS seems to be a little higher BTW but could be placebo effect :-

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

7 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

So it seems the consensus for this patch is that it's a good patch overall?  Doesn't seem to be any major show stopping bugs this time, like there were for recent patches.  If there aren't any show stopping bugs, then all the fixes & changes they made, make this a really good patch.

I think it is a good patch so far. I'm seeing snow at Stewart. No surprises with settings or controls. Before today I hadn't really touched the 747, but now it seems to be operating in a simplified, yet reasonable manner. I would say the 747 is in the ballpark of what I was expecting back in August, but I haven't checked the textures on the starboard side yet. It wasn't listed as one of the fixes.

• Like 1

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Wow very extensive update. Downloaded and updated in under 15min. Really nice see the default heavies get some love. They were quite unusable before. Hopefully these fixes will makes alot more enjoyable flights rather than frustration. 

Not sure how some think these updates can be virtually flawless.  Its all a work in progress,and the amount of effort towards all these fixes should be commendable.  Of course some things will break. Thats software development. But they are getting looked at and progress is being made all the time.   The commitment is there.  The snow mask  is a great first step even though its not entirely accurately depicted.   Its a nice attempt and will only get further refined. Constructive criticism goes alot further than simply demeaning it all.  Thank you to the team for your committed efforts and look forward to what can be done in 2021! 

• Like 6

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

The AP problem seems to be much better, but there is what I think to be a weird bug in the way the DG interacts with the AP at least in the steam gauge 172. Not sure if this is new or something that was there all along. You won't see it so long as the DG is correctly aligned to the magnetic compass, but in the spirit of exploration I purposely aligned offset the DG by 30 degrees. I then used the HDG bug to command a turn to a specific heading. Interestingly, the AP rolls out at the correct heading on the magnetic compass, but not that shown on the DG.

How does the AP "know" what the correct heading is? Does it have its own internal calibrated compass independent of the DG?

Anyway, everyone have a happy holiday season.

Edited by jrw4

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

2 hours ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

FBW is working on their own model also. 

Excellent. I understand an own model would be less dependent on updates of the default aircraft, right?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"