Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Just Flight Piper Arrow III Preview

1 minute ago, xender said:

I think we may need to create a petition at change.org and begin getting signatures to get Just Flight to release it. Im starting to believe that they did the plane for themselves and the guys with youtube channels only 😆

Don't get putting ideas into our heads. 🙂

Once this is released (stand by) and when I have a spare 15 minutes I'll put a post up with some details on all of the things that have to happen to get an add-on over the line and out of the hangar.  Most are aware I know but it might help others realise what's involved in those final frantic days, hours and minutes. 

Cheers to each and everyone of you for your patience, interest, patience, patience...and in most instances encouragement and very kind words about this and our other add-ons.  Thanks for your patience. 🙂

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, DMullert said:

LOL - I know.  I stay away from the Carenado stuff myself.  Just wanted to make sure.  Thanks!!!

Aside from quality differences - they are totally different generations of the aircraft, The Carenado Arrow is the late 1990's revamp/revival whereas the JF one is much earlier.

The general assessment seems  to be the Carenado one flies fine (except for the flaps bug introduced in yesterdays patch)  and is good enough for the relatively budget price but is not really that much like an actual Arrow  whereas the JF one is far more expensive but also much more like an actual Arrow and has a lot more features.

You get what you pay for (of course if you are never going to actually fly a real life Arrow there is no real reason to care if the Carenado is an exact match or just flies like a generic low wing single)

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

About it being the same as the Carenado one. It's not the same product, but it is a replication of essentially the same aeroplane, in that both the Carenado and Just Flight products depict the real-life PA-28 201, albeit from slightly different production dates, so one has a slightly different name than the other, i.e. a PA-28 201 and a PA-28 201R.

The Just Flight one has a bit more systems realism and nicer texturing than the Carenado one. Their avionics differ a bit too; the Carenado depicts a more modern set of glass panel GPS avionics whereas the Just flight one is depicting an older model with and older GPS system. The Carenado one models airframe icing, the Just Flight one does not although whether this bothers you will depend on how realistic you want to be because the real PA-28 is not made for flying into known icing conditions as it doesn't have de-icing boots on its wings or any other stuff like that.

Of the two, the Just Flight one is probably going to be the more realistic one, but the Carenado one is okay although the Carenado one has been affected by the recent MSFS patch yesterday, the result of which makes taking off in it problematic amongst other things, so it needs a patch.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

@JustFlightScott

2 minutes ago, JustFlightScott said:

Don't get putting ideas into our heads. 🙂

Once this is released (stand by) and when I have a spare 15 minutes I'll put a post up with some details on all of the things that have to happen to get an add-on over the line and out of the hangar.  Most are aware I know but it might help others realise what's involved in those final frantic days, hours and minutes. 

Cheers to each and everyone of you for your patience, interest, patience, patience...and in most instances encouragement and very kind words about this and our other add-ons.  Thanks for your patience. 🙂

I know... But if we dont have a piper today (THAT piper) i will begin a movement named "Flight Simmers Matter" or something 😄

Go build/upload that installer!

• Like 1

Juan Ramos

1 minute ago, xender said:

@JustFlightScott

I know... But if we dont have a piper today (THAT piper) i will begin a movement named "Flight Simmers Matter" or something 😄

Go build/upload that installer!

I prefer a functional one that does not need patching later in the week over a broken one right now 😄

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I prefer a functional one that does not need patching later in the week over a broken one right now 😄

Yup, the Carenado one somersaults when you open the throttle for the take off roll now, thanks to yesterday's patch. It looks hilarious, but it is annoying and gets old after the fifth time, so It took me about six attempts to get it in the air yesterday, and even then I only just managed it.

In the meantime, what am I bid on my other discount code for the Just Flight Arrow, since I got two of them from having bought the previous one twice? 🤣

That was a joke by the way in case you think otherwise, so don't really ask me for that code.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Right. I have had enough. I am going on hunger strike until it is released.

Although hurry up JF, I have my dinner about 5pm!

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

In case you hadn't noticed, the proper product page is now up at Just Flight, but the 'add to cart' button isn't on there yet.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

I destroyed so many millions of dollars worth of TBM engines in X-Plane lol, it sure was a handful.

HotStart was aptly named.

Back on topic, I'd rather wait a few more days for a finished & tested product, compatible with the last update. Although today I have a free evening so it wouldn't exactly be unwelcome 🙂

This is a painful wait ....

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Close enough, they're in Cambridgeshire.

Alan Bradbury

2 minutes ago, Chock said:

So it could be within the next 2 hours or so (Supposing they work until 5pm or so). If someone knows the security guard there, tell him that no one should be allowed to get out of the building until white smoke is spotted out of the chimney and someone says "Habemus Piper"

• Like 1

Juan Ramos

6 minutes ago, Chock said:

Well sort of.  We're actually here, there and everywhere. We have an office just outside Cambridgeshire where we used to meet up on a regular basis. That's not happened for 12 months now, we connect via Teams and Zoomland.

2 minutes ago, xender said:

So it could be within the next 2 hours or so (Supposing they work until 5pm or so). If someone knows the security guard there, tell him that no one should be allowed to get out of the building until white smoke is spotted out of the chimney and someone says "Habemus Piper"

If it's like any design or production office I've ever worked in in the UK, then hometime is when you're finished with what you were doing, and if that meant going home at midnight, then you just had to lump it, because that's what time you'd be leaving at.

And that's not the latest time I've ever left work at in the UK when I was supposed to be finishing at 5.30pm. I can remember passing milk floats which were out delivering morning milk a few times when driving home from The Guardian's news offices in Manchester.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury