Sign in to follow this  
RodgerC

REX Weather Force 2020 Crashing Sim

I installed the latest update to REX Weather Force 2020 and have back to back have gotten a CTD.  I don't remember ever having a CTD in MSFS 2020.  I have to believe that it is what is causing the CTD.  Anyone else having this problem?

1 hour ago, RodgerC said:

I installed the latest update to REX Weather Force 2020 and have back to back have gotten a CTD.  I don't remember ever having a CTD in MSFS 2020.  I have to believe that it is what is causing the CTD.  Anyone else having this problem?

Suggest you provide more information. Where were you flying. Which aircraft.  What mods did you have active in Community.  Have you checked your mods for updates.

I had my first MSFS CTD yesterday in my first MSFS flight since the recent update. Happened at the start of an IFR approach.   I had during the interim updated a number of mods, primarily avionics mods.  I was flying the DA62 and I had two DA62 mods in use.  Another issue during the flight was that the G1000 screen displays were swapped.  MFD screen was showing in the PFD and vice versa.  I searched and found new updates and installed them.

I flew another flight today in the DA62 and the avionics issues were gone.  Used REX WF as well and the flight came off well.  My approach was into the same airport as where I had the CTD yesterday.

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Have you guys found the value add is worth buying this? Is there a performance hit? How accurate has it been both at airports and terminal environments (arrivals, approaches etc.)?

Have been increasingly frustrated with the beautiful sim weather being so inaccurate relative to the METAR's and airport webcams etc.... Thanks!

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

4 hours ago, fppilot said:

Suggest you provide more information. Where were you flying. Which aircraft.  What mods did you have active in Community.  Have you checked your mods for updates.

I had my first MSFS CTD yesterday in my first MSFS flight since the recent update. Happened at the start of an IFR approach.   I had during the interim updated a number of mods, primarily avionics mods.  I was flying the DA62 and I had two DA62 mods in use.  Another issue during the flight was that the G1000 screen displays were swapped.  MFD screen was showing in the PFD and vice versa.  I searched and found new updates and installed them.

I flew another flight today in the DA62 and the avionics issues were gone.  Used REX WF as well and the flight came off well.  My approach was into the same airport as where I had the CTD yesterday.

Well, all I can tell you is that the first 2 flights with REX WF on a flight from San Diego, CA to Columbus, Oh I got a CTD within 30 minutes of each flight.  I did it a 3rd time w/o REX WF and it worked perfectly.  Same airplane same flight plan same everything except no REX WF.  I'm going to try another flight later and see what happens.  I will say that the version I had before the update worked perfectly and I was extremely happy with that version of REX WF.

Edited by RodgerC

Have you tried a different aircraft?  Or an aircraft with different avionics?  Flying the same may be flying you into the same issue.  Isolate to identify...

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

CTD's are more common in this version of the sim now. I have hit random ones in different areas, sometimes it is related to nearby objects and terrain issues mixing in. I was running zero addons, not a single one. I had maybe a couple CTD's before this version, but now I have had over 10 randomly in different areas. There were CTD's in Dev mode prior to this, but now they can happen anywhere under almost any circumstances.

However, my main complaint is that there is a lot more jerkiness in certain areas and a lot more pop-in, also the water quality seems slightly reduced in this last update at certain elevations.

Asobo shouldn't have released these last 2 versions of the Sim, it was better a month ago before the US update.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

Flying the a320nx mod I experience serious freezes as soon as I activate Rex Weather Force 2020.  When I disconnect the weather programs the freezes go away.

I just purchased the Rex WF add-on last night, so I know I'm using the latest released version.  However, I also installed the UK and Ireland update last night as well.  Installed and operate per the instructions provided.  Every flight since I can't get off the runway without it all going south to a CTD.   Otherwise, FS2020 works as reliably as before adding Rex WF. 

My system is:

CPU:                  AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core 3.7GHz
Memory:            32.0GB
Windows:          64-bit Win 10 (with all latest updates)
GPU Card:        AMD Radeon RX5600XT  (with latest 21.2.2 software)
GPU Memory:  6GB

Any ideas?  Known Bugs.  Computer not powerful enough?

Can confirm RWF crashes MSFS, post 2/16/21 update.

I was flying on MSFS weather yesterday & when I injected RWF Live weather screen froze, then CTD.

Never happened before.

What is the date of the RWF update referred to above?

T45

its updated

BUILD: 6.0.2021.0216

REX WEATHER FORCE 2020 – TECHNICAL UPDATE 1.4.0

• FIXED – Compatibility with latest version of Microsoft’s Flight Simulator (1.13.16.0)
    • FIXED – Weather injection with metar reporting precipitation, but no clouds

We are now in delivery phase to all of our vendors and we will make it available through the Weather Force application once ORBX confirms Weather Force is updated on their servers. 

You can download the update from where you originally purchased Weather Force. As of this writing, the REX store has been updated. Please give each store time to update.

• Like 1

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

Glad to see they updated it, but I am getting really tired of having to constantly download the entire client, then go through the reinstall process over and over, digging up my serial number. I want see a pop up "Update available" within the program, and then I want it to update. 

• Like 1