Sign in to follow this  
sd_flyer

Trinidad TB21 for MSFS

Yes, indeed, I was talking about instrument lights.

I agree with you, I don't blame the developers who do what they can with the poor SDK they have, but in such circumstances, I would expect a lower price...

21 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Yes, indeed, I was talking about instrument lights.

I agree with you, I don't blame the developers who do what they can with the poor SDK they have, but in such circumstances, I would expect a lower price...

Maybe, but what you have to bear in mind is that if you make an add-on aeroplane without a solid SDK to nail the production methods down, and then you charge ten quid for it, but the base sim subsequently changes in such a way as to mean all your work on the add-on up to that point has to be redone, then you're in a tough spot.

You can do one of two things, and neither of them is an especially attractive proposition. Either redo a whole lot of work to 'patch' the product you've sold when in fact it's more of a complete do-over than a patch. In which case you're doing a ton of work for no reimbursement, or, you can simply say, 'it's too busted for me to patch it', in which case everyone who bought it and who now has an unusable product, will go: 'well **** that guy, if he's not gonna fix it, I'm never buying anything off him again!'

This is why I think a lot of developers who could have tarted up their back catalogue and released it for a quick cash grab, have possibly decided that it might not be a smart thing to do in the longer term.

This was exactly the issue XPlane had years ago. Laminar kept moving the goalposts around so much that no developer was prepared to spend several years developing for it when they couldn't be sure their product would even have a base sim to be installed in by the time they'd finished it. This is why Asobo need to get that SDK finalised most ricky-tik, because in the interim, any developer willing to take a chance on releasing something has to build into their price a buffer for any subsequent patching work they might - and probably will - have to do when that aerodynamic update comes out.

And it had better be a bloody good SDK too, because with a rolling updated sim scheduled for at least nine years, rather than a new version every two years, it's gotta have plenty of support for innovation.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

You're probably right. 21 Euros is not so expensive after all, it may be worth it for an enjoyable aircraft. I will think about it 🙂

Nice pics @Chock.

I will check it out today and post some pics. This looks just as good (if not better) than in P3D. As I stated I'm a fan of Bill's work and he's one of those devs that will also improve the add-on. Also, let's keep in mind that the SDK is still a WIP.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Thanks for taking the plunge and posting your thoughts Chock.  I think I’ll give this one a shot, good to see something completely different in the sim.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Decided to land it on a road today, just for a bit of fun. Not sure if icing is modeled visually on it, prior to landing on this road, where you just may be able to tell it is lightly snowing in the sim, I was flying at 22,000 feet and you would think under those circumstances if it was going to display icing visually, it would have done so.

IjGwGlW.png

If I was to have a preferred P3D port of this type, I'll be honest and say I'd have rather had the Just Flight one, since that has a Stormscope and better strobe lights, plus some damage modeling, but since this Lionheart one the only TB-20 for MSFS and I really like the type, I'm pleased to have one in this sim.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Here's my quick review.

*Easy installation!

*Excellent flight model!

*Beautiful inside and out!

*Nice documentation!

*Sounds are superb!

*A joy to fly!

There are a few minor issues like the glow on the gps, but I got in contact with Bill to see what can be done to improve it.

8IlNsbB.png

7fyMtYQ.png

KVgJFnB.png

kWVeYkX.png

gBOwh1u.png

EnmfBTe.png

• Like 3

Bill from Lionheart has put a lot of work into this plane. I do not have MSFS, but have been following the TB 21 progress on his Facebook page. Like a lot of developers, Bill was working with a SDK that is a work in progress and also learning new development software. I would recommend that you contact Bill with your issues, I have contacted him in the past for some of his previous FSX and P3D planes and he has always been very thankful for the input and solutions I have given him.

• Like 1

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

15 minutes ago, johncott said:

Bill from Lionheart has put a lot of work into this plane. I do not have MSFS, but have been following the TB 21 progress on his Facebook page. Like a lot of developers, Bill was working with a SDK that is a work in progress and also learning new development software. I would recommend that you contact Bill with your issues, I have contacted him in the past for some of his previous FSX and P3D planes and he has always been very thankful for the input and solutions I have given him.

No major issues here. Bill did an excellent job considering the sdk is still a WIP.

24 minutes ago, johncott said:

Bill from Lionheart has put a lot of work into this plane.

Yup, have to agree with that. A few people on this thread said the cockpit looks rough based on the product page shots, but I think that's more a case of poor pic choices; you can see from the pics I posted on this thread that it actually looks very good and in fact I think that's one of its strong points, and my shots are only in 1080p as well. Same with the exterior too, it looks really good in the sim, with crisp modeling and very nice texturing featuring lots of livery choices.

I can live with the fact that you have to Control+E it instead of turning the key since all the other procedures up to that point can be done, and I'm not really fussed about the instruments being lit up in the daylight, it doesn't make them any less usable. I'm having a lot of fun with it and I'm very glad I bought it and even more glad that a developer such as Lionheart tackles some of the less commonplace spam cans such as this and the Bellanca Viking instead of just going for Cessnas and Pipers all the time. He'll always get a sale out of me whilst he does that kind of thing. 😎

Alan Bradbury

Well after fairly good reviews and cracking pictures from Chock and Jose, I like the look of it and will add it to my list I think. 👍

@Chock Don't worry about all that religious stuff in the documentation mate, you just haven't seen the light yet!   I have, it's all around that centre console!  😄

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Just now, bobcat999 said:

Well after fairly good reviews and cracking pictures from Chock and Jose, I like the look of it and will add it to my list I think. 👍

@Chock Don't worry about all that religious stuff in the documentation mate, you just haven't seen the light yet!   I have, it's all around that centre console!  😄

Well, there's been plenty of times where I've let JC take the controls, that's for sure. Actually what would have been funny would be a to have a selectable option to have JC as your co-pilot, sat there next to you. That'd be hilarious. You could have missions where you had to fly to Galilee to pick his mates up for a fishing trip and then go and collect some loaves. 🤣

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

I wanted to add that there are many nice liveries with different color panels. I have found my fav and I will use it frequently to plaster more pics in the screenshots forum.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chock said:

"... the usual Lionheart annoying bible thumping proselytising ... has nothing to do with the subject at hand. And I especially object to having that claptrap forced on me when I've paid for a product. This developer really needs to knock that stuff off..."

It would seem that, for want of doing the appropriate thing, there is no incentive for him to do so. That being said, thanks for your terrific post & review.

btw: Like you, I enjoy LH's Bellanca Viking & Quest Kodiak

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

1 hour ago, RustyFlyer said:

btw: Like you, I enjoy LH's Bellanca Viking & Quest Kodiak

Yes. After watching the Missionary Bush Pilot videos on youtube, which are superb by the way, I would dearly love a Quest Kodiak for the flight sim.

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.