Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

737 MAX Released for MSFS 2020 at Simmarket

2 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Precedent for what? It's $20, and from Chock's Review I gather it's quite decent. I don't fly airliners anymore, but if I did, I'd buy this.

Come to think of it, MSFS is Mickey mouse. Or did I miss something and MSFS 2020 suddenly on the list of FAA approved training devices?

you didn't hear? its a Level D simulator now m8

7 hours ago, Manny said:

I am pretty sure until PMDG comes up with their 737,in a year or two  these guys  going to rake in the dough. Good for them. Good Luck. I would totally recommend this to everyone for $23 grab it, enjoy it, Just Don't whine about niggly stuff you may or may not find. I have not so far.  I would recommend this over any other addon aircrafts released so far for MSFS. JMO.

I love how this thread turned from starting out as a bash fest from simmers who do not own this addon to having a few good, fact-based reviews.

I might buy this myself, hell, just to spite all these negative nellies, I might buy this 5 times. Lol. Thanks to Chock and Manny for injecting some common sense and facts into this thread.

• Like 14
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I love how this thread turned from starting out as a bash fest from simmers who do not own this addon to having a few good, fact-based reviews.

I might buy this myself, hell, just to spite all these negative nellies, I might buy this 5 times. Lol. Thanks to Chock and Manny for injecting some common sense and facts into this thread.

yeah its a shame really. Even if this aint full blown checkride fidelity level word not allowed, ill still find it justified for 20EUR with working VNAV and LNAV and a decent replica cockpit.

• Like 2

On a side note, whilst I do not use Microsoft Flight Simulator, the IAN capability of the PMDG 737NGX is really useful when flying approaches to non ILS equipped airports/runways in P3Dv4.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Just to clarify with regard to comments that people are only buying this out of desperation, as far as I'm concerned that's not true. I paid a very small amount - a shade over 20 quid - for this airliner which frankly, ended up exceeding my expectations a lot. But I did so for a couple of good reasons: I saw people were slamming it on this thread without having tried it, which I thought was unfair and since that was easy to address without breaking the bank, I was happy to dive in; the other reason was that I've always said I like the Virtualcols as much as I like the FSLs, A2As etc, because they all have their place. So I'd have probably bought this thing anyway even if there was a study-level 737 for MSFS, because I enjoy Control-E 'jump in and go' aeroplanes in my sim as well sometimes. We don't always have bags of time to enjoy these things when we've come in from work or whatever.

For those expecting something super-duper realistic in every regard with every switch working, you'll need to temper your expectations and be aware that this is not a study-level aeroplane or even close to one and nor is it pretending to be one either, which ought to be obvious from the price tag, although you might be surprised how much it does feature given that bargain basement price. So it's good fun if you like the 737, and there's certainly enough of a 737 in there to enjoy messing with it. Graphically it could be better, but it is certainly good enough to enjoy it and this could be easily addressed quite a bit by anyone who likes doing cockpit repaints anyway.

Having said all that, it actually does hand-fly really well (a lot better than some other stuff in the sim and that is a really pleasant surprise) and I suspect if the developer does not expand its system capabilities, such as making the non-functioning switches on the rear overhead and part of the central pedestal do stuff, then some modders probably will do that, in the way they have with some of the default jets.

After all, those A320 modders even got the pedestal printer working pretty realistically on the default A320, and that doesn't even happen on the FSL one lol, and I paid 135 quid for that thing, twice. So this fun little inexpensive 737 may well turn out to be even more worthwhile a purchase than it already was, for what was really not much money at all. And that's anything but desperation.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 14

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I have voiced my concerns about the 3D-models of the plane and cockpit being ports from existing models and thus representing potential IPR issues. But the user Drawyah might have found out the source of the 3D model, and that would be legal. Assuming that's how it is, here's how it might work:

• 3D models 254$ and 124$ respectively (currently on sale): 378$ costs
  • Slapping in the 787 avionics and 747 sounds: some hours of work, depending on expirience.
  • Selling it 1000-fold: 13.000$+ (assuming a 30% cut for simmarket, and it is listed as the second top-selling item at the time of this post )

I am an advocate against quality standards in the addon market and therefore think "Bredok3D" has any right to offer this on simmarket and elsewhere. And maybe I am wrong when it comes to the efforts it takes to create such a product.

But I also think it might be beneficial to know how this "segment" of the industry is probably working.

Disclaimer: I found the reference to the "Drawyah" posting on YT in the official FS Forum

Edited by Tom_L
  • Like 3

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

I gotta admit, im very surprised by the reviews. Goes to show that you never really know until you buy the thing!. if it suits some simmers, well done on the dev. he released the first fighter, and the first 737. Whatever the quality, that man knows what he is doing business wise 😛

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tom_L said:

I have voiced my concerns about the 3D-models of the plane and cockpit being ports from existing models and thus representing potential IPR issues. But the user Drawyah might have found out the source of the 3D model, and that would be legal. Assuming that's how it is, here's how it might work:

• Slapping in the 787 avionics and 747 sounds: some hours of work, depending on expirience.
  • Selling it 1000-fold: 13.000$+ (assuming a 30% cut for simmarket, and it is listed as the second top-selling item at the time of this post )

I am an advocate against quality standards in the addon market and therefore think "Bredok3D" has any right to offer this on simmarket and elsewhere. And maybe I am wrong when it comes to the efforts it takes to create such a product.

But I also think it might be beneficial to know how this "segment" of the industry is probably working.

While most of what you said is true, you got the timeline wrong. Id say, this took somewhere around 4-6 weeks at 5-6 hours a day. Whatever you do, be it animations, texturing, setting up systems, any of it is a very LONG process. I just spent 2 days on our P-40 wiring a simple XPDR and COM (and it took me a day to model and texture)

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Tom_L said:

Disclaimer: I found the reference to the "Drawyah" posting on YT in the official FS Forum

The problem with that theory is, how do we know the person who made this 737 wasn't the person who also made the original models as well? We don't, it probably wasn't to be honest, but since none of us do know, the suggestions clearly trying to intimate it's been nicked rather than licensed are treading on dangerous grounds themselves. If it has been licensed then that is no big deal, that's what such models are for in the first place and one only has to sell maybe ten copies of the product to start getting into the green. Beyond this, the person suggesting that this thing can be knocked up in 3-4 hours by combining those assets with default stuff, has absolutely no idea what they're talking about, there is no way you could do it in that amount of time. Even something at this level of functionality takes quite a bit of work.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

6 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

be it animations, texturing, setting up systems

I'm no expert, but what if the 3D-model comes with textures and animations ready to export in 3dsMax? And the systems of the 787 are mostly set up by ASOBO, if I'm not completely off track here. Sure, I guess it takes some fiddling with config files, some tweaking here and there, and 3dsMax isn't the cheapest software either (not sure if you could not use Blender to import the 3dsMax model though). Modeling the systems yourself from scratch is a whole different league for sure, therefore I think your estimate of his efforts are biased from that perspective - mind you, he delivered two airports and two airplanes since release of MSFS.

But as I said, it's a free market after all.

2 minutes ago, Chock said:

trying to intimate it's been nicked rather than licensed

I didn't, that's why I listed the costs for the models in the post you quoted.

It's a shame about certain attitudes here.  It comes across terribly as sim-snobbery.
Surely MSFS is for people at all levels.  If you buy the sim, you can use it as you see fit, and put whatever you want into it. 
If you don't like this kind of stuff, you don't have to buy it and install it.  Also, it's not about to stop the PDMG coming out.

The same goes for simMarket.  The sell some really good stuff, and they sell some stuff not so good, but I have never had an issue with their customer service.
For the products on there, it is 'buyer beware', just like anywhere else in life.

Personally I am going to wait to see how the developer responds to the issues noted on the 737, and as the external model looks pretty good, I can't wait to see some of the repaints that are certain to appear on flightsim.to.  This would look great in Southwest colours to name just one!

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 5

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 minutes ago, Tom_L said:

I'm no expert, but what if the 3D-model comes with textures and animations ready to export in 3dsMax? And the systems of the 787 are mostly set up by ASOBO, if I'm not completely off track here. Sure, I guess it takes some fiddling with config files, some tweaking here and there, and 3dsMax isn't the cheapest software either (not sure if you could not use Blender to import the 3dsMax model though). Modeling the systems yourself from scratch is a whole different league for sure, therefore I think your estimate of his efforts are biased from that perspective - mind you, he delivered two airports and two airplanes since release of MSFS.

But as I said, it's a free market after all.

The animations are always gonna have to be reworked and plugged in the sim. no 3D model sites sells MSFS ready models. you often have to redo all animations.and transfering systems from one plane to another is not that easy either. It takes a long time, wether you do it all yourself or not. Importing the Goose to MSFS, existing model, existing texture en animations, existing systems, still it took 3 months. and its still WIP.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Alright, I stand corrected.

• Like 1

I think the early commenters on this 737 Max and bashed it can edit their comments to reflect the most recent reviews by the community.  It does a lot of harm to the creator of this mod, if the mod is actually decent for it's price.  People that open this thread will get the wrong idea about the quality of this 737 max and the creator of it will lose sales as a result of their hard work.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM