Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

737 MAX Released for MSFS 2020 at Simmarket

42 minutes ago, Chock said:

To be brutally honest, that video on here a couple of pages back was laughable

Indeed it was. I've just watched it and he has a very different opinion to yours. With a handle of Pilot Studd I really shouldn't have bothered but I was interested in how it compared to your rather better one. No doubt a lot of people will take him seriously. Oh dear. 🙄

• Like 5

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 hours ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

But which came first? My interest in aviation pre-dated any home computing system, much less any flight simulator. Flight simulator may even be an outlet that’s enough for people not to pursue aviation further or even a turn off, for some, towards aviation.

So, it cuts both ways...

Very true but if you've been in this thing long enough you can't argue the numbers of how many pilots were inspired by this software.  Heck, you can hardly find a pilot anywhere on the planet that doesn't know about Flight Simulator.  That being said over the years during my flight training I was told to use everything at my disposal to get the job done.  Flight Simulator was amazing over the years for me in depicting a location before I actually flew there in real life.  I was shocked reading some of the accidents where airline pilots landing on the wrong runway or the wrong airport with tools like this at our disposal.  Some old school fliers denounce flight simulation while many airliners and flight schools have desktops and simulators setup in classrooms. 

My son is going to Emery Riddle in the fall and they are already planning on setting up FS2020 as a training tool for students.  That's pretty good for a Micky Mouse piece of software.  Many new commers to the hobby might not appreciate the history of this software but it's true albeit not for you that Flight Simulator was the gateway into aviation for many of us even if we had a love for flight starting when we were old enough to know what was going on around us.  Today so much is taken for granted but I remember my father's only option was to look up and wonder what it was like to fly those birds overhead (airliners).  Now we know exactly what's going on.  From Falcon 3.0 to 4.0 and now DCS we know much the same for Fighter aircraft.  All that is to say a software that's based so much on real world operations took a long time to get here in the detail we have now.  For it's only with the advent of FS2020 that we've reached the golden era as far as I'm concerned.  Yes this sim has a ways to go but already it's light years ahead of what's come before it.  It actually makes older sims look like cartoons now. 

So again it may be Micky Mouse to you but imagine if true Flight Simulators didn't exist unless you went to a airliner's Level-D simulator.  That's all we had in the past and today with offerings like PMDG on the horizon this is far from Disney World unless your talking about the fun factor of seeing a 737NG, 744, 787, A320, every major city/international airport in all it's glory in a VR headset (ok that's Disney like Magic right there, I'll concede the point).  Even if you flew in the real world you'd never fly all the planes we'll have at our finger tips in the next few years.  The only one to do that to any level was Chuck Yeager.  Most of us fly a few aircraft and never see the others.  Real world GA pilots wonder what it's like to fly a 744, Airline pilots wonder what it's like to fly a bush plan in Alaska.  Yes many can do it but getting around to it is like getting to that dealership to test drive that super car you always wanted to drive and that would only be in a limited area.  These great advances is our not so distant future in this hobby and watching this grow and evolve over the years I can't just write it off as a common place thing like going to a theme park or watching a cartoon.  That's why some don't want to dilute FS2020 with sub par offerings.  When the airliner environment starts to take shape (real world airliners flying based on FlightAware data, ATC fully realized, and study level airliners) this is going to be an amazing platform.

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

33 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Wait what, more developers are being encouraged to contribute their products. What is that called again? I think it starts with ca and ends with pitalism.

IMHO, I don't think this sim supports pricey addons. Some developers are in for a rude wake up call. 

If developer make close to "study level aircraft" and say sell it for much cheaper, that is what in my opinion will be a rude wake up call for those who overcharge !

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

A point was made earlier and it is one I agree with - this 737 works better than either the Asobo 787 or 747. As it is the same price as some of the single airports I think it is very good value for money too. I have compared the cockpit view versus pics from Boeing of the real one and it is pretty darn good. Very happy with my purchase.

CJ

• Like 2

@Dillon, paragraphs would make that easier to read. 😉

• Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 minutes ago, Dillon said:

My son is going to Emery Riddle in the fall

Well, congratulations are in order! 

And I don’t disagree with all you wrote. 

Thing is it can be whatever it is for the user.

I for instance swing from wanting to fly a by the book gate to gate true to life SOP flight to jumping in the CTFL and flying say “look over there, wow”.

There’s enough of a market to go around, besides this release might be some kids first airliner, ever! Maybe later. He’ll wonder what more there’s that they’re missing.

Maybe, the next airliner will be an Aerosoft or PMDG.

Whereas, if the first airliner is a PMDG and they’re not motivated to watch YouTube tutorials or RTFM that could be the last airliner out of frustration.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I read it just fine and responded just fine, why the grammar lesson?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Was thinking the exact same thing!

I'm sure its because he may have written it from his phone....
 @Dillon...please allow me to assist. 😉

Very true but if you've been in this thing long enough you can't argue the numbers of how many pilots were inspired by this software.  Heck, you can hardly find a pilot anywhere on the planet that doesn't know about Flight Simulator.  That being said over the years during my flight training I was told to use everything at my disposal to get the job done. 

Flight Simulator was amazing over the years for me in depicting a location before I actually flew there in real life.  I was shocked reading some of the accidents where airline pilots landing on the wrong runway or the wrong airport with tools like this at our disposal.  Some old school fliers denounce flight simulation while many airliners and flight schools have desktops and simulators setup in classrooms. 

My son is going to Emery Riddle in the fall and they are already planning on setting up FS2020 as a training tool for students.  That's pretty good for a Micky Mouse piece of software.  Many new commers to the hobby might not appreciate the history of this software but it's true albeit not for you that Flight Simulator was the gateway into aviation for many of us even if we had a love for flight starting when we were old enough to know what was going on around us. 

Today so much is taken for granted but I remember my father's only option was to look up and wonder what it was like to fly those birds overhead (airliners).  Now we know exactly what's going on.  From Falcon 3.0 to 4.0 and now DCS we know much the same for Fighter aircraft.  All that is to say a software that's based so much on real world operations took a long time to get here in the detail we have now.  For it's only with the advent of FS2020 that we've reached the golden era as far as I'm concerned.  Yes this sim has a ways to go but already it's light years ahead of what's come before it. 

It actually makes older sims look like cartoons now.  So again it may be Micky Mouse to you but imagine if true Flight Simulators didn't exist unless you went to a airliner's Level-D simulator.  That's all we had in the past and today with offerings like PMDG on the horizon this is far from Disney World unless your talking about the fun factor of seeing a 737NG, 744, 787, A320, every major city/international airport in all it's glory in a VR headset (ok that's Disney like Magic right there, I'll concede the point).  Even if you flew in the real world you'd never fly all the planes we'll have at our finger tips in the next few years.  The only one to do that to any level was Chuck Yeager.  Most of us fly a few aircraft and never see the others. 

Real world GA pilots wonder what it's like to fly a 744, Airline pilots wonder what it's like to fly a bush plan in Alaska.  Yes many can do it but getting around to it is like getting to that dealership to test drive that super car you always wanted to drive and that would only be in a limited area.  These great advances is our not so distant future in this hobby and watching this grow and evolve over the years I can't just write it off as common place thing like going to a theme park or watching a cartoon.  That's why some don't want to dilute FS2020 with sub par offerings.  When the airliner environment starts to take shape (real world airliners flying based on FlightAware data, ATC fully realized, and study level airliners) this is going to be an amazing platform.

Sorry the breaks may not be where you wanted them to be Dillon....but even breaking it up a bit helps. 😉   I really wanted to read your text as you always have good input....but my mind psychologically would not let me push thru that big hunk of text. 🙂

All I'm interested about with this "Commercial" add-on is whether anyone who's bought it and doesn't have the premium/deluxe edition...can still see/use the items that are specifically related to them?....if so...1 of 4 things happened:

1. The dev hacked something in the sim to basically give unauthorized users access to items only the top-end version of MSFS
  2. Unsuspecting users with only the basic version are wondering why they don't see many cockpit items
  3. He got full-prior permission from MS/AS to hack their premium payware gauges to be used for his payware venture...and maybe they are getting a percentage of his sales?
  4. Steve has no clue how these things generally work....and anyone with access to the premium edition can hack into the code and use those items in a payware endeavor as they see fit without permission?

Anyone here have the basic version of MSFS and this addon care to let us know?

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

6 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

I'm sure its because he may have written it from his phone....

But this is forum thread not a college term paper... 😉😜😃

5 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

He got full-prior permission from MS/AS to hack their premium payware gauges to be used for his payware venture...and maybe they are getting a percentage of his sales?

If this then surely he would have sold it in the official MS FS20 marketplace rather than through a third party vendor?

14 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:
33 minutes ago, Dillon said:

My son is going to Emery Riddle in the fall

Well, congratulations are in order! 

1 minute ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

But this is forum thread not a college term paper... 😉😜😃

Well....since you put it out there.... 🙂

Congrats to your son as well Dillon....

I did a few "college term papers" to get this piece of paper. 😉

p1RqPf.jpg

• Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 minute ago, Steve Dra said:

Well....since you put it out there.... 🙂

Wow, thanks for sharing!💯

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

1 minute ago, Steve Dra said:

Nice!

Touché sir... I see what you did there!!!

10 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Anyone here have the basic version of MSFS and this addon care to let us know?

Uuuuh, I kinda assumed all contributors in this thread owning the product are on premium. Interesting question!

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

Just now, Elvensmith said:

If this then surely he would have sold it in the official MS FS20 marketplace rather than through a third party vendor?

Not necessarily. You get more money selling it outside of the official MS store in most cases (depends on the vendor's fees, they vary), but things also have to be approved and slotted in for addition to the store, so you might have to wait a while, whereas other places would put it up quickly. This occurred with a Carenado patch which was good to go, but we didn't get it for nearly two weeks because of that system.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here