Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

737 MAX Released for MSFS 2020 at Simmarket

That said, to clear up a couple of misconceptions in this thread, the G1000 in the Carenado 182 is indeed the Asobo instrument, but it's not modified in any way.  Synthetic vision is a feature that can be toggled on and off by default without any changes to the code.  The 182 just doesn't turn it on.

As far as this "misappropriating" 787 elements and whether there's a C&D coming.  Someone else would need to check, because I have the deluxe edition, but I'm pretty sure even though the PLANE isn't present if you don't have the deluxe edition the 787 AVIONICS still are. They live in the "asobo-vcockpits-instruments-b787-10" folder under OneStore.   But even if they're not there they may not be what the plane uses.  Looking at panel.cfg to see which files it references would tell you that.  If it lists things like "Airliners/B787_10/PFD/B787_10_PFD.html", it's using the stock 787 avionics, and it's no different from incorporating the Asobo G1000 in the Carenado C182.   (as long as that is, indeed, present in everyone's copy.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bendead said:

So seems the bought the external and cockpit model on turbosquid, but what about the gauges and systems from the MSFS B787, do they have the right to do that, and sell it to simmers who did not buy MSFS Deluxe?

3 hours ago, bendead said:

Yes, but here it's something from the deluxe edition and they are not freeware

The 787's instruments (the coding and screens) come with the base sim, they're in a separate folder (asobo-vcockpits-instruments-b787-10) and they are not encrypted.

The actual pieces of the model though, that's a problem, they don't come with the sim.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Manny said:
On SimMarket:

BESTSELLER
WEEK |  ALLTIME |  VENDOR

😀😎😂🤣😍

I noticed that the file size is now up to 591 MB. The version of my hard drive is 468 MB. Could the difference be some repaints?

What about other things like sound, flight model, animation, is it also a rip off? Or did they develop something from zero?

Edited by bendead

The sounds are from the Asobo 747 and 787.

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 minute ago, marsman2020 said:

The sounds are from the Asobo 747 and 787.

Where I wonder did ASOBO get the sounds?

2 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

Where I wonder did ASOBO get the sounds?

A promo video pre-release claimed all sounds were recorded from the real aircraft I think 🤔 I remember...

9 minutes ago, bendead said:

What about other things like sound, flight model, animation, is it also a rip off? Or did they develop something from zero?

It’s been established it’s an aggregate product, but for $28/€20 that’s fine, no one has done a freeware attempt to do it and I can’t do it myself, so it’s a bargain looked at that way...

• Upvote 1

Just now, Cmcollazo71 said:

It’s been established it’s an aggregate product, but for $28/€20 that’s fine, no one has done a freeware attempt to do it and I can’t do it myself, so it’s a bargain looked at that way...

So years of development, actual audio recording, flight testing, full 3d model, brand new functions from a dev like A2A is only worth double that price?

Just now, bendead said:

So years of development, actual audio recording, flight testing, full 3d model, brand new functions from a dev like A2A is only worth double that price?

Yes, if that’s what the market will bear.

Life’s not fair, it is what it is though!

Take Bill Gates he ended up with the rights to DOS, not his own work, and who got both the credit and the money?

At least, he’s trying to do some good with it in the world now...🤔

But I digress...

Congratulations, 17 pages of free advertising. I bet the developer is cracking open a bottle of bubbly. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

A promo video pre-release claimed all sounds were recorded from the real aircraft I think 🤔 I remember...

The 737 dev could say the same thing.

2 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Congratulations, 17 pages of free advertising. I bet the developer is cracking open a bottle of bubbly. 

Ha! 😎 

12 minutes ago, bendead said:

As long as the masses have a 737 is MSFS, who cares if it's shifting the value proposition for all future addons.  Maybe A2A will decide their MSFS aircraft should be more expensive, if people are willing to pay $24 for this.

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals