Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

737 MAX Released for MSFS 2020 at Simmarket

7 minutes ago, bendead said:

Now we have the coding behind it. I did not buy this addon, but since you are cursing at me to defend them, I am sure you did.

I did not, and I probably won't.   It's not my kind of plane.   But I have an interest in not seeing legitimate developers, of whatever quality, be called ripoffs.   "Ripping someone off" generally implies unwanted theft.   Even *if* they bought a third party model, and dropped stock avionics into it -- and that's only speculation at this point, as far as I know, but even if -- there is still effort and skill that went into that.  Whether or not you think that effort and skill is worth that whey are charging it is one thing, but accusing them of "ripping off" 90% of it is baseless and offensive.

Edited by kaosfere
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, bendead said:

I don't discredit the work of the guy who created the external or cockpit model and sold it on Turbosquid, it's quite good. The same goes for Asobo, instruments, gauges are looking really good, sounds are great too.

So by that logic if it’s not 100% DYI it’s bunk?

Actually, the idea to aggregate the available resources and produce something viable is a bit genius in itself, no?

Pablo Picasso took a bicycle seat and handle bars, rearranged said items to resemble a bulls head, presto a masterpiece... you’re discounting all found art my friend.

Edited by Cmcollazo71
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

But I have an interest in not seeing legitimate developers, of whatever quality, be called ripoffs.

And I have an interest not seeing great dev addon who spent years on a project, having problem selling their planes because it's 60-80$.

• Upvote 1

I bought it but then I realized after looking through the files that he is using MSFS Premium version gages from the 787-10 and various gages from the 747-8.   I wish I would have known that none of this was his own work, but I should have known based on the quality of his other addons.

So basically he is charging 20 bucks for stolen gages and textures.  I wouldn't care if it were free...I'm sure Asobo would, but this is a big no-no.  He's actually including the gages and textures in his folder, he's not simply calling the texture from somewhere else.

This Bredok3d guy needs to be banned from all platforms.   

I tried the airplane out. Took of from LAX went over the desert and landed in Vegas.  It seems to be a working airplane.  I would liken this to alejandro rojas work on the freeware advanced 737 for FSX but of a higher fidelity.

There are a few problems but the most major is that the glass for the HUD makes everything behind it blurry,  pitot heat doesn't work you have to use shift H.  Auto pilot works for the most part, but has a few inconsistencies with reality. The double texturing on the overhead panel is quite an over sight.  If this were free it would be great.  If it were his own work, i'd say its worth $20.  but its not so...

Looking at it more in depth the cockpit model is definitely not Asobo. The guy knows how to do it the right way, he just choses not to. 

Edited by aniiran
more info
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

So by that logic if it’s not 100% DYI it’s bunk?

Actually, the idea to aggregate the available resources and produce something viable is a bit genius in itself, no?

Pablo Picasso took a bicycle seat and handle bars, rearranged said items to resemble a bulls head, presto a masterpiece... you’re discounting all found art my friend.

No, you have a difference between inspiration and borrowing "softer term"

Using 3d models available on the market, and gauges from other planes, as well as the sound, it's not inspiration.

Plus it's weird you talk about picasso because he did not buy the painting and sculpture already made for him.

• Like 1

@bendead answer me this? 

When PMDG releases their 737 and charges you $150.00 are you going to buy it?

If, the answer is yes, would this release have deterred you from getting it?

Would the answer be the same from all those that are hardcore simmers?

Would you or those hardcore simmers buy this release and not buy the PMDG?

I think you know that answer too.

So, your fear seems unfounded and more of an exaggeration of this releases import.

It seems like your fear is based on PMDG seeing this release and throwing their hands in the air and close up shop!

And that makes sense, right? 🤔😉

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, bendead said:

Using 3d models available on the market

So car makers should not outsource any parts production either, everything on the car should be made in house.

The 3D models are the on the market, someone created it and got paid what they asked for it. How’s that different than the car maker?

Usng the FMC ,after insert the SID (runway and sids) can't activate them , how to do that? If i push "exec" it isn't loaded in the flight plan

lNa7PWK.png

Edited by motishow

Just to add another perspective. I have no real interest in aircraft like the 737 or indeed any other modern airliner, by which I mean I don't get any joy from flying them in the sim. There are a few I have bought in other sims simply because I like the looks of the aircraft. After all the fuss here about this one though I'm almost tempted.

I would like to thank @Chock for his contributions to this thread - they stand out as an island of sanity in the swamp of opinion.

But that's just my opinion too <grin> (and I don't like smileys/emojis either - so sue me)

• Like 2

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

Congratulations, 17 pages of free advertising. I bet the developer is cracking open a bottle of bubbly. 

Not so much, I think Avsim users would be as aware with 1 page as they would with 17.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

6 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

@bendead answer me this? 

When PMDG releases their 737 and charges you $150.00 are you going to buy it?

If, the answer is yes, would this release have deterred you from getting it?

Would the answer be the same from all those that are hardcore simmers?

Would you or those hardcore simmers buy this release and not buy the PMDG?

I think you know that answer too.

So, your fear seems unfounded and more of an exaggeration of this releases import.

It seems like your fear is based on PMDG seeing this release and throwing their hands in the air and close up shop!

And that makes sense, right? 🤔😉

I think you missed the mark,

150$, is way too high, for this more mainstream simulation "MSFS" and with a customers base way higher than P3D. The CRJ is expected around 40-50usd, a fair price for a great addon, it was our hope as simmer, that the switch to MSFS would lower the price of addons.

With the 737, some dev can think that if some people are running to buy this 28$ addon "the 737 is number one in sale now, right?" which borrowed some many elements, why don't we do like them or increase our price and you have dev who will have difficulty to sell their, because apart from a niche market, not a lot of the new sim customers is ready to spend 70 or more bucks into a complex addon that took years to develop

26 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

I don't think this will impact PDMG one bit.

However, you have things like the MB-339, or the G-91, or the Bleriot XI, all of which have had a lot of effort go into producing a good from-scratch coherent 3D model and a flight model which is different from anything else currently into the sim, as well as staying within the bounds of what they could deliver an acceptable sim experience of without having to hack the flight model or code an entire FMS (subsonic aircraft, 3D modeled gauges) - and those are priced similarly to this "737 Max". 

Personally if I'm one of those developers and I see this, then I might think, hey maybe I should have charged a bit more for my work, which had a lot more effort go into it then this 737....

Or maybe the thought will become - those 2 million MSFS users will buy 1000s of copies of anything, so there is no basic standard of quality, just pump something out every month at $20, 12 releases a year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

21 minutes ago, bendead said:

150$, is way too high

From Robert Randazzo’s own post:

We anticipate NG3 going to market at around $139.99. NGXu is priced at $99.99. If you purchase NGXu, you will only be charged $40 at that time, while new customers to NG3 will pay the full $139.99. 

Link: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/27037-08nov19-someone-is-wrong-on-the-internet-help-us-fix-them

That was in  September 2018, but I guess you’re right? Too high?

21 minutes ago, bendead said:

With the 737, some dev can think that if some people are running to buy this 28$ addon "the 737 is number one in sale now, right?" which borrowed some many elements, why don't we do like them or increase our price and you have dev who will have difficulty to sell their, because apart from a niche market, not a lot of the new sim customers is ready to spend 70 or more bucks into a complex addon that took years to develop

First of all, you’re assuming to know what future developers are/will think, neither is of us know that. 

Second, you’re underestimating how much the average simmer will pay.

If I asked, on this forum alone how many are planning to buy the PMDG 737 at $150.00 and if so to upvote or like this post what do you think would happen?

I’m afraid to look but I know I’ve spent thousands of dollars over the years and I am not made of money either and I’m probably very average when it comes to simmers.

Lastly, if you buy a €20 add on you’ll get at €20 add on... nothing’s free!

You think Bentley worries sales will be down because Ford brought back the Bronco?

Edited by Cmcollazo71
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

Or maybe the thought will become - those 2 million MSFS users will buy 1000s of copies of anything, so there is no basic standard of quality, just pump something out every month at $20, 12 releases a year.

And this is the issue / my point exactly! 

Its what the market (us, simmers that buy these items) will bear, but you like me have exactly one vote, to buy or not, and it’s yours alone to make.

Yelling in the wilderness isn’t going to change that... as @bendead quoted its already at #1 in sales...