Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

737 MAX Released for MSFS 2020 at Simmarket

Just now, Dillon said:

Wow, thanks for sharing!💯

Can I assume he's going to the Daytona Campus?

I did all my classes in Jacksonville in a satellite class at the Naval Air Station when I was an instructor there....Since ERAU used the same classrooms I taught in for my job in the Navy, I would teach all day, grab some coffee at the end of day, go back to the same classroom and sit as a student.  LOL....spent a LOT of hours in the NAMTRAGRUDET building across the street from the VP hangars.

I walked for my graduation at the Daytona campus though....very nice campus.

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

The Typhoon was on SimMarket for a while before it showed up on the MSFS Marketplace.

I guess we'll know what MS/Asobo think about their Premium content being re-used if this one gets approved on the Marketplace.  No one ever seemed to take any action against Perfect Flight's 'King Air 350' which contains a complete copy of Asobo's aircraft.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

15 hours ago, Chock said:

1. Systems? FMC fairly complete, can load a default plan or will let you do it manually, all the perf, index, cruise settings, derate, picking the runway etc, V speeds etc work, can use SIDs STARs and transitions and can follow VNAV and LNAV on the autopilot. Weather radar works, wipers work, power buses work and so on. A fair bit of the central pedestal is non functional though in terms of clicking, but it does auto-fill the Squawk code when ATC give it you. The PFDs have a fair bit of functionality, not everything, but plenty to mess with.

2. APU? Yup, you can crank that.

3. Engine start? You can do it manually or use control+E, fuel cut off levers work for shutting down.

4. RNAV IAN? It'll do vertical and lateral navigation, dunno about much more of the fancy stuff. It does show the airport on the PFDs, so you can taxy in fog.

5. ILS autoland? It'll do an ILS approach, certainly down to fifty feet, dunno if it'll go all the way. Autoland is for pussies anyway.

6. Sounds? Engine sounds are okay, it does V-speed announcements, overspeed clacking etc.

7. Flight model? Flight model is nice, it's fun to hand fly and easy to land, but it will happily use the Saitek/Logitech hardware autopilot if you are a pussy who can't fly properly.

FPS is okay.

And for those of you who use Air Hauler, it costs £4.752 million to lease it per month and £38.016 million to buy it, so it can easily pay for itself on a scheduled passenger timetable.

I was reading back through this thread and although I've already seen this, this has got to be the funniest post I've seen in awhile.  Very non-politically correct, old school, offensive to some post.  I love it... 💯😎😄:ph34r:

• Like 2

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

6 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Can I assume he's going to the Daytona Campus?

I did all my classes in Jacksonville in a satellite class at the Naval Air Station when I was an instructor there....Since ERAU used the same classrooms I taught in for my job in the Navy, I would teach all day, grab some coffee at the end of day, go back to the same classroom and sit as a student.  LOL....spent a LOT of hours in the NAMTRAGRUDET building across the street from the VP hangars.

I walked for my graduation at the Daytona campus though....very nice campus.

Yes he's going to the Daytona campus.  I have him training at KISM and he should be getting his pilot's license this weekend with his final check ride.  I want him to go into Emery Riddle with his pilot's license that way he can instruct and gain hours while he's in school.

FS2020 

8 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

No one ever seemed to take any action against Perfect Flight's 'King Air 350'

Just checked, it's not on simmarket any more.

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

36 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

I read it just fine and responded just fine, why the grammar lesson?

Lesson? 🤔 Just a polite request.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Being  Mod is a tough job Ray. LOL 🙂

• Like 3

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Man, this thread is Avsim in a nutshell.  There's some useful information (thanks for your service, @Chock, and your fair sounding review) that seems to have helped a number of people already decide to make the purchase with appropriately set expectations and other reasonable discussion for and against.  That makes up about 3 pages.  The other 13 pages so far are a toxic mountain of ignorance, elitism, snobbery, and general unpleasantness being argued for and against by folks, some of whom seem determined to demonstrate that opinions truly are like A-holes:  we all all have then, they all stink, and yours isn't special.  Neither is mine.

It's those 3 pages that keep me coming here.   Thanks to those who contributed to them.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 5

25 minutes ago, Chock said:

Not necessarily. You get more money selling it outside of the official MS store in most cases (depends on the vendor's fees, they vary),

From what I’ve read from a scenery developer Microsoft take 50% whereas Simmarket take around 30%. The scenery developer asked people to buy direct from his site where he would get 100% of the payment.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 minutes ago, Manny said:

Being  Mod is a tough job Ray. LOL 🙂

I would have made the same request as a normal member. 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

People making premature judgements on this add-on without a proper review, and screwing the developer of this add on of potential money is just wrong, IMO.  Especially since many here in AVSIM talk about how we can support the independent 3rd part developers - bashing on a 3rd party's product unfairly is hardly supporting those independent 3rd party developers, don't you think?

If we want more 3rd parties to make more add-ons for MSFS, we aren't exactly encouraging them to make them for MSFS if a developer thinks they could spend a lot of time making a decent add-on, and then people in one of the highest traffic flight sim forums trash their product before it has even had a fair review.

If you were a 3rd party developer considering making add-ons for MSFS, and then you see how people in this thread bashed a product before that product was even fairly reviewed, would you want to make a product for MSFS?

What the people in this thread did was hinder future 3rd party developers from working on a product for MSFS.  It's rather cruel and unfair to the developer that put their time and effort to make this 737 MAX add-on (so many people in AVSIM talk about supporting the 3rd party independent developers by buying the product on their website instead of the MSFS marketplace, to support 3rd party developers directly, and yet the same people will bash on a 3rd party product before it's been fairly reviewed).

This is a bottom of the barrel developer that shovels whatever scraps they can find together to try to be the "first" with a given type of aircraft in the simulator so they can extract money from the 2 million new users of MSFS who don't know any better.

The Typhoon was laughable, this 737 is laughable.:

• Exterior 3D model from a stock model site
  • Interior 3D model and sounds taken from Asobo Premium aircraft
  • Blurry text with inconsistent fonts on the upper panel
  • A random LCD screen with just a rudder trim indicator in the middle of it
  • Flight plan editing which is broken if you try to add/remove waypoints
  • 1000s of files in it that clog up people's sim when it loads, as visible from Dev Mode console
  • A request that users send in liveries for them to include in their paid product because they couldn't be bothered to spend some extra time to provide even a 2-3 generic liveries beyond what their stock model came with.

I stand by my "buyer beware" statement from the start of the thread.  If the AVSIM mods want to start censoring people's opinions, great, go for it, but I won't censor myself.

It's absolutely painful for me to see junk like this be the #1 seller of the entire week on SimMarket, and a developer like Bredok3D be the #2 developer of all time. 

• Like 6

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

5 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

This is a bottom of the barrel developer that shovels whatever scraps they can find together to try to be the "first" with a given type of aircraft in the simulator so they can extract money from the 2 million new users of MSFS who don't know any better.

The Typhoon was laughable, this 737 is laughable.:

It's absolutely painful for me to see junk like this be the #1 seller of the entire week on SimMarket, and a developer like Bredok3D be the #2 developer of all time. 

I am not a new simmer. Been simming for 20 years and been here at AVSIM for that long too. They sure fooled me. because of all the bad review on the eurofighter, I did not buy. Now I need to take a second look for sure considering how happy I am on my 737 purchase.

Is it true "e this be the #1 seller of the entire week"? HA HA HA. Love it! I am glad they beat the internet trolls who tried dissing them. 🙂

Edited by Manny
  • Like 2

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

5 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

If the AVSIM mods want to start censoring people's opinions, great, go for it, but I won't censor myself.

Contrary to what you might believe we don’t censor people’s opinions on software as long as you refrain from personal insults as the author does not have the right of reply. Keep it objective as much as possible and you’ll be fine. 👍

• Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

18 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

I stand by my "buyer beware" statement from the start of the thread.  If the AVSIM mods want to start censoring people's opinions, great, go for it, but I won't censor myself.

I feel your pain but if the developer expands on this offering with a few well placed updates this might not be that bad in the eyes of some of us hold outs.  Say they update the cockpit textures, add wing flex, and work on the cockpit night lighting (looks like fuselage windows need some treatment as well). For a lite airliner this might be the way to go.  It's not a total washout like I originally thought.  For me I wouldn't get it now.  To fly to airports with unrealistic airliner traffic, no co-pilot Flight Deck Companion/FS2Crew option, and a buggy ATC system in the sim leaves allot to be desired.  Not to mention the CTD issue in the sim that hasn't fully been resolved as well as the jump to feature.  This developer should have release a few real world liveries with it.  That being said the bar was so low and the desire for a 737 in the sim so great has pushed this to gold status for some.  You can't argue with that.  I wish more developers would see a need and fill it instead of releasing options people don't want.  

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 3

FS2020