Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

737 MAX Released for MSFS 2020 at Simmarket

20 minutes ago, Car147 said:

Stupid question, can anyone say where the pitot tube heater switch is located as when i get above 10k the speed ticker goes haywire, and it starts diving (no joke, i know its a max) very similar to the A320 if the pitot heater is not on. checked the others i could see , and they were all auto.

aft overhead. look for "probe heat" switches. They will heat pitots, alpha vanes and temp probes

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

2 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

aft overhead. look for "probe heat" switches. They will heat pitots, alpha vanes and temp probes

Thanks

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 hour ago, Chapstick said:

Nah, that would be censorship to protect someone's bottom line. No thanks.

People making premature judgements on this add-on without a proper review, and screwing the developer of this add on of potential money is just wrong, IMO.  Especially since many here in AVSIM talk about how we can support the independent 3rd part developers - bashing on a 3rd party's product unfairly is hardly supporting those independent 3rd party developers, don't you think?

If we want more 3rd parties to make more add-ons for MSFS, we aren't exactly encouraging them to make them for MSFS if a developer thinks they could spend a lot of time making a decent add-on, and then people in one of the highest traffic flight sim forums trash their product before it has even had a fair review.

If you were a 3rd party developer considering making add-ons for MSFS, and then you see how people in this thread bashed a product before that product was even fairly reviewed, would you want to make a product for MSFS?

What the people in this thread did was hinder future 3rd party developers from working on a product for MSFS.  It's rather cruel and unfair to the developer that put their time and effort to make this 737 MAX add-on (so many people in AVSIM talk about supporting the 3rd party independent developers by buying the product on their website instead of the MSFS marketplace, to support 3rd party developers directly, and yet the same people will bash on a 3rd party product before it's been fairly reviewed).

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

We need such at least an addon on this level or +20% better as freeware. Like the ZIBO Mod in X-Plane. Unfortunately I don't have any programming skills otherwise I would help building one.

Thanks for posting Jarmstro - I was actually on the cusp of buying, now I think I'll save my money. Also as I and someone else pointed out if Asobo make any key changes that break the aircraft can the developer be relied on to fix it, particularly if as alluded to in the video it's a cut and paste job from the default content.

I have to say I’m pleasantly surprised by the direction this thread took overnight.  I’ll probably give this a shot, though as others have suggested I’ll wait a few days to see what liveries show up and see how fixes etc are addressed.

Will I ever fly this after PMDG releases their 737?  Probably not.  Would I fly it until that happens?  Yes!  Especially given that the 737max is quickly taking over the Canadian skies now (with Air Canada quickly moving to retire A320s and A319s) it will be nice to have a max, even a basic one, in the sim.  If the VNAV and LNAV are functional at this price point, then even better.

Has anyone tried porting over sounds from P3D/FSX?  I noted on the Simmarket page it suggests doing this which I didn’t know was possible.  I do have a good P3D 737 soundset I could use if that works...

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

26 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Totally unfair and uninformed review. I just unsubbed that bloke. He is pointing to the overhead panel which ain't bad at all and goes "Uggg..how ugly it is". 

Edited by Manny
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Maybe this airplane might work for people who don't want pmdg level aircraft and just fly a bit around. However, it's a bit pricy for that. Still, the developers have strive to make a 737, that should be honoured.

Edited by 737_800

2 minutes ago, Manny said:

Totally unfair and uninformed review. I just unsubbed that bloke. He is pointing to the overhead panel which ain't bad at all and goes "Uggg..how ugly it is". 

I agree. Saying you've been ripped off given its price is ridiculous.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Manny said:

Totally unfair and uninformed review. I just subbed that bloke. 

So many people in this thread are like, "Wait for reviews!", "Censor comments about the screenshots!", "Throw money at this dev!", "I'd buy it ten times if I could!"

Then a review comes out, and now you don't like what he says so you call him unfair and uninformed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Manny said:

Totally unfair and uninformed review. I just subbed that bloke. 

Well I don't know.... I don't own it so I cannot comment fairly but just looking at the cockpit, I honestly would not download this even if it was on flightsim-dot-to. But hey, credit to the dev, I can't do better. I just won't give it a home in my sim. Each to their own and respect to all.

• Like 2

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

15 minutes ago, Elvensmith said:

Thanks for posting Jarmstro - I was actually on the cusp of buying, now I think I'll save my money. Also as I and someone else pointed out if Asobo make any key changes that break the aircraft can the developer be relied on to fix it, particularly if as alluded to in the video it's a cut and paste job from the default content.

Yes that's a good point. I'm guessing the Feb patch will certainly break it. Having said that it's only twenty quid so I'm not too bothered. I'm about to try my first flight in it! EGGD to LEBL. Wish me luck!😀

I just don't get it.. Whats wrong with the panels? all I hear is some generalization like the Overhead is Uggggh etc without any specifics.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Manny

21 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

So many people in this thread are like, "Wait for reviews!", "Censor comments about the screenshots!", "Throw money at this dev!", "I'd buy it ten times if I could!"

Then a review comes out, and now you don't like what he says so you call him unfair and uninformed. 

Some Rando puts out a you tube. He is not the "official reviewer".   Why not go to SimMarket and read the review from "Verified purchasers"? That's the real review ..not some posts from Internet trolls. Ye I call it unfair and uninformed cause I have the product and I am looking at it and the panel is Not Ugly. What the Heck. That review was just like the people on the first page of this thread. Uninformedf and unfair.  I stand by what I said. And who made him the "Reviewer"? I believe my own eyes. I've been simming for over 20 years and I have owned PMDG 737s from the first one in FS9.

Edited by Manny
  • Like 3

Manny