Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

I LOVE These New MSFS Clouds

3 minutes ago, DAD said:

works already pretty good with live weather, below the soup this morning at busy EGLC

Screenshot-47.png

Agree it's good, but the visibility seems to be 1000-1500m, I would love to set it at 100m for exemple

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Interesting.  I run ultra as well but I'm at 1080P - maybe you guys can see the difference at higher resolutions?

Only previous pics tell the story. I also run at ultra, but these new clouds look great even at high-end setting.

They looked great before, but at times they loaded pixelated. Now they load wispy and soft.

I love what they have done.

• Like 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 minutes ago, bendead said:

I would love to set it at 100m for exemple

wish granted.. not much to see...

Screenshot-220.png

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

2 minutes ago, bendead said:

Agree it's good, but the visibility seems to be 1000-1500m, I would love to set it at 100m for exemple

With live weather you sometimes have that. I remember landing at Cologne and the runway appeared only seconds before I reached the threshold. That was quite scary. But I agree, it would be great of we could set it manually. 

• Like 2

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

14 minutes ago, DAD said:

Screenshot-47.png

So, that's how weird planes are born...

Edited by bendead
  • Like 1

Now if I could just get the snow cleared of the Runway and Taxiways so I can see them!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Now if I could just get the snow cleared of the Runway and Taxiways so I can see them!

I am with you on that. Would also like to see the snow off of the roads. Hopefully in a near term future update.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I thought it was a placebo at first, but I can now set clouds to ultra and they look great.  Only a small frame rate hit as well on scattered.

I am running at 4k and they looked too lumpy and granulated before, but much smoother now. 

Some pixilation is still there under certain lighting conditions if you look closely, but it is vastly reduced to the point where it really doesn't bother me.

Don't know if they have changed the lighting, but it does seem more realistic and dramatic.  Maybe it is due to the changes with the clouds. 

I certainly like what they have done to this part of the sim.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Still some grain in the clouds further away and more common in darker areas but much improved and looking very nice to me. Combined with the lighting, it can looks absolutely stunning at times. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

In order to see the full effects of these clouds, we need to set clouds to ultra and revert sharpening and grain back to 0 for those who have it set to 1?

Edited by captain420
  • Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

8 minutes ago, Donka said:

...Combined with the lighting, it can looks absolutely stunning at times. 

Agreed!  I got carried away last night.  When I checked my screenshot folder I had 187 in there from 3 hours of flying! 

As we haven't been on holiday for a while, we were lucky enough to be able to afford a big Samsung 65 inch QLED TV in December. 
I put all the photos (snapped at 4k) on a USB stick and took the down to the TV to do a slideshow.

With the HDR effect and at 4k resolution at 65 inches big, they looked amazing!  Even the wife was impressed, and she hates MSFS as she feels she is in competition with it for my time.
She is wrong; there is no competition, she lost that battle last August! 😀

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 minutes ago, captain420 said:

we need to set clouds to ultra

I am happy on high only at 19xx times whatever (will never remember this, it‘s supposed to be HD I guess)

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

Interesting.  I run ultra as well but I'm at 1080P - maybe you guys can see the difference at higher resolutions?

1080P here, ther's a vast differnce.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Clouds as part of a living ecosystem should affect the flyer's outlook and inspire his or her imagination.

I saw a couple the other day that looked like people. 

• Like 1