Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0) is now live!

They really need to streamline/automate the patching process. Go to the MS website navigate to your stuff you bought, download an update, then fire the sim up, then download a patch, go to your profile download a patch, then download another one and so on. It's farcical.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

No performance improvement what I have seen, my standard fps test that I do after every update is exactly the same as before the update.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

6 minutes ago, Manny said:

I delinked all from community except FSDT and Orbx and now I cannot use any of the Sim flights like adventures, lessons etc.. CTDs galore.

Well, you were the one who said that MSFS isn't "worth it". Seems like you got what you were expecting...

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/596831-is-this-sim-worth-it-yet/?do=findComment&comment=4489923

• Like 5

Corrected an issue preventing the autobrakes of the Airbus A320neo from enabling on the Fungal mission

How did I miss this? Is this the mission where you air-drop 200 tons of mushrooms into Gordon Ramsay's Highland castle? 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Well this isn't really a mainstream game.

Yeah, the proof is what is being updated.

Also, they promised bigger update every three months instead of small updates every 15 days, we got even smaller updates after three months, way to go bugsobo.

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

nice triple post forum😬

Edited by EmaRacing

GarbagePoster

nice triple post forum😬

Edited by EmaRacing

GarbagePoster

i have installed the two updates today  but when load the game is still on 1.13.17.0 version. Anyona can tell me how to solve it?

Other question after update i can't choose runway or gate   at the map

Help pls

• Like 1

Now its reinstalling the sim from scratch! Sigh!

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Just now, motishow said:

i have installed the two updates today  but when load the game is still on 1.13.17.0 version. Anyona can tell me how to solve it?

Other question after update i can't choose runway or gate   at the map

Help pls

I had the same issue.. so I rebooted. It now took me to the store and then its asking me to reinstall the whole freaking sim.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

24 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

The same target audience as FSX.

Yeah I guess. So 3rd parties to the rescue again. Here’s to hoping it won’t take years. 😞

Chris

And there go the frames....😣

Brian MacMillan

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz-16GB /GTX 1070-8GB/MSI B250M Bazooka  

3 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

Yeah I guess. So 3rd parties to the rescue again. Here’s to hoping it won’t take years. 😞

It'll take between 5 and 20 years. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chock said:

They really need to streamline/automate the patching process. Go to the MS website navigate to your stuff you bought, download an update, then fire the sim up, then download a patch, go to your profile download a patch, then download another one and so on. It's farcical.

Yes.

Also, the patches are way bigger then they need to be.  Using a standard binary diff tool with the decades old rsync algorithm I calculated a 1.6GB diff between the two versions, vs 8.7GB that I had to download.  I'll try this again on the World Update to get another datapoint. 

There are some people who are on data transfer capped internet connections and constantly downloading GBs and GBs of stuff due to the unreliable update system and larger then required downloads just leaves them with less data remaining to actually play the sim.  Not to mention increasing the server load for everyone else.

• Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals