Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0) is now live!

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

I wonder if it depends on your settings? I'm seeing screenshots on the Discord that don't have that issue.

nah, its the reality of the implementation, had render scaling pumped up to 150% and ultra preset and it still looks like sheets of cloud pictures.

5 minutes ago, Armchair Pilot said:

nah, its the reality of the implementation, had render scaling pumped up to 150% and ultra preset and it still looks like sheets of cloud pictures.

it looks like that at a certain distance the trail turns from a particle effect to a texture, probably for performance reasons.

Y7HNBzv.png

b1pllmp.png

c0ESGSe.png

YrYqX2A.png

8J0V5Zi.png

BvLPKoC.png

Edited by Tuskin38

1 minute ago, xender said:

Horrendous!

It looks fine for what it is.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I would much rather they slap those contrails on AI planes around me rather than myself. would probably making spotting them easier and give the sky abit of a cool feel especially in busy channels.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

It looks fine for what it is.

Are you telling me that that black texture looks fine to you? Even FS2004 had better contrails effects (The custom ones, not the default)

Juan Ramos

This is how the contrails looks for me:

Looks very good close to the aircraft, but there is some funky stuff going on when you are further away.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

What's the deal everybody? 

Been away from the Sim desk for a few hours.

Is it a good/ bad Update?

Those contrails look rubbish and what's the point in having them own Own Ship if they don't show on anything else?

1 hour ago, cianpars said:

Sorry, did the release notes say it was mandatory to read this entire thread?

Do you make a habit of barging into threads without even reading the opening post.

1 minute ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Those contrails look rubbish 

No they don't, they spent 5 months on these.

• Like 3

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Official forum down 🤣

CPU: Ryzen 5600 no OC, MB: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: 32GB DDR 3600, GPU: RX6900XT, 2TB SDD, Res: WQHD

I really don't  know whether to laugh or cry.  I am swinging towards laugh, as a lot of you guys crack me up with your responses. Without that, probably cry I reckon! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.