Sign in to follow this  
Ixoye

Tree distance fix is no longer compatible.

20 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

There is a lot of talk on the formal MSFS forums about the tree LOD issue.  I was quite surprised that they are letting it rumble on without closing down threads, as some of the comments aren't very complimentary! 

Anyway, the theory above is talked about, because people are trying to understand why Asobo have done this.  So the theory goes that they aren't too happy with people forcing the LOD in that way, as it isn't supposed to be done like that, and also, the Xbox will not be able to use mods like the PC versions.  So as they don't want YouTube videos showing the differences (and how much better the PC version is), they have now hard locked the LOD in the core sim code - which appears to be exactly what has happened.  If that is the reason, who knows, but without an acknowledgement of the issues and a statement why, this is what happens.

If that is so bobcat then it's frightful news and I'm very angry indeed.

Traditionally, PC's for gaming and tweaking those games and Xbox for the game. Do you think they're aiming for parity between the two?

So what's the best solution - without spending money - to fix the current tree lod caused by the latest update?

Asobo might also think about the amount of refunds and abandoning of the game that would have happened had it not been for the community mods. I'd have left it far behind were it not for the dozen or so Absolutely Must-Have mods out there that at least turn it into a half decent experience.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1

guys don't forget there are plenty of people who don't use the mods at all, me for example, i'm more than happy with the vanilla version.
You make an elephant out of a mouse.

• Like 1

Just now, Nedo68 said:

Not really. Its called opinions. What you see is different to what I see. etc. 

However there is an issue. Otherwise people wouldn't be mentioning it. If you are happy, great. Good for you. Just don't pull the ladder up. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Nedo68 said:

guys don't forget there are plenty of people who don't use the mods at all, me for example, i'm more than happy with the vanilla version.

Doesn't use the mod...

Takes the time to come into the mod thread to tell us not to talk about it not working

🤣

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

There is a lot of talk on the formal MSFS forums about the tree LOD issue.  I was quite surprised that they are letting it rumble on without closing down threads, as some of the comments aren't very complimentary! 

Anyway, the theory above is talked about, because people are trying to understand why Asobo have done this.  So the theory goes that they aren't too happy with people forcing the LOD in that way, as it isn't supposed to be done like that, and also, the Xbox will not be able to use mods like the PC versions.  So as they don't want YouTube videos showing the differences (and how much better the PC version is), they have now hard locked the LOD in the core sim code - which appears to be exactly what has happened.  If that is the reason, who knows, but without an acknowledgement of the issues and a statement why, this is what happens.

Maybe,  but  I thought the PC can actually go out to LOD 800 if you edit the text files and have the CPU to handle it.

9 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

Takes the time to come into the mod thread to tell us not to talk about it not working

🤣

i read everthing and i have my opinion, and its not forbidden, and yes my opinion has not changed at all, please go on.

Just now, Nedo68 said:

i read everthing and i have my opinion, and its not forbidden, and yes my opinion has not changed at all, please go on.

Thank you..

Are we allowed to carry on talking about it?

Just double checking. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Maybe,  but  I thought the PC can actually go out to LOD 800 if you edit the text files and have the CPU to handle it.

I can't Glenn; mine struggles.  Before I had LOD set at 125 and trees to the horizon with the fix (or at least as far as I could see on my 4k monitor).  I had no performance impact.

I tried 200 LOD with a tree fix last night, and it barely changed it, and at 400 mine struggled, as the LOD setting affects other things as well (not sure of the full list).
Even at 400 LOD and struggling a bit, the trees didn't look that much better anyway.

The answer is simply to to put it back the way it was, but I can't see Asobo doing that unless some YouTubers jump on the case, and even then, I would just expect radio silence on the issue, as they hope it fizzles out.  It's just a shame, so much good happening in the sim, but tarnished with a few flies in the ointment! :smile:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

12 minutes ago, Nedo68 said:

You make an Elephant out of a mouse. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I was halfway between South Africa and the UK in a Cessna 152, but I think I'll be putting this sim to bed for a while 😂  This is with Bijan's V4 tree addon..

Radeon 5700XT, pretty much everything set to high or ultra.. 

njdMRTi.jpg

Edited by Langeveldt
  • Like 1

I thinks its time to dedust my P3D. There where ships with waves, more trees and more save the nervs.

Maybe this brings the time for joy the msfs again and a working update for this baldy world 😉 maybe

Stephan from Germany

My System

3 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

What's the performance impact of this mod?

Very little.  But since the latest update I can't get it to work at all. 

47 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

I was halfway between South Africa and the UK in a Cessna 152, but I think I'll be putting this sim to bed for a while 😂  This is with Bijan's V4 tree addon..

Radeon 5700XT, pretty much everything set to high or ultra.. 

njdMRTi.jpg

Awful isn’t it? Even worse in VR as you are seeing it much closer to the eyes.

• Like 2