Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

Just Flight PA-28R Arrow III (for MSFS) released

Wow, now I am getting 3 FPS. I think this plane is going into the hangar and staying there.  $45 lesson. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

7 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Wow, now I am getting 3 FPS. I think this plane is going into the hangar and staying there.  $45 lesson. 

I think that’s a problem somewhere else then, rather than with this plane. This plane is the best performing plane I've tried yet. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I think that’s a problem somewhere else then, rather than with this plane. This plane is the best performing plane I've tried yet. 

Low airspeed, when I was climbing out and trim for 90 mph, climb rate was oscillating between 800 fpm and almost 2100 fpm without touching anything. Then the FPS went to hell and stayed there, which has never happened with me. I'm done. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

10 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Definitely not the Arrow, Bob. I'm not seeing any performance hit over the default planes with this.

• Like 2

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

2 minutes ago, Tom Wright said:

Definitely not the Arrow, Bob. I'm not seeing any performance hit over the default planes with this.

Well when the only thing I change in a sim, is one item, and the sim goes crazy, my guess is that one item has issues. Going to do the same flight now with the Mooney and see what happens. 

Edited by Bobsk8

2 minutes ago, Tom Wright said:

I'm seeing a very minimal performance hit but I have crashed to the desktop mid flight, it's a nice plane but I did experience a high drag issue in the cruise but it came good

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

On my case i dont see any performance hit at all even on my modest 4790k  with an nvidia 1080 and 24gb of ram. Even during thunderstorms with full cloud cover and settings mostly in ultra (Not all, obviously)

Juan Ramos

I am really loving the Arrow so far.  One minor gripe I do have is that, with the throttle at idle, as soon as I release the parking brake the plane starts moving and just continues to pick up speed. To any of you with time in the real Arrow, is this normal?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

it is not normal. It's a little too light to taxi.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Well when the only thing I change in a sim, is one item, and the sim goes crazy, my guess is that one item has issues. Going to do the same flight now with the Mooney and see what happens. 

Hmm, I would think its more likely to be effects from Sim Update 3 than the Arrow itself.

I really like it. The only 'issue' I can report is the aforementioned jitter that the airframe seems to have as a reaction to turbulence, even in minimal (3kt) wind. It strikes me as odd that a lot of people report that they find it very stable in flight, as I don't personally have that perception. Its not unstable, but it's definitely very lively.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Looks like there is somekind of update available. Just downloaded 0.1.0a

Can somebody confirm that?

Edited by driver101

Cheers Jan 
5800X3D | Asus Strix 3080TI OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws | 1T + 250GB Samsung 960 Evo | Windows 10 | MSFS

7 hours ago, booms_sys said:

Hopefully I didn't miss any of these points in the 19 pages of this thread I read through 🙂

Couple bugs I have found

- No stall characteristics, I can keep gliding this for hours without a wing stall

- None of the lights or BATT/AVIONICS work with the Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo switches

- Toe brakes are not simulated

- Audio is not simulated when you open the storm window or doors (being able to hear another aircraft near you for example when stationary)

Other than that, fantastic aircraft that I will be primarily be using for a while 🙂 8/10

I noticed this too. Toe brakes do work as they should, there is just no animation for them.

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

21 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

You had an sim update like 4 days ago...

Cheers :)

N.-

I am undecided if I should wait for the Turbo arrow of go for this one.

I am not going to get both. Not interested tbh.

What would the turbo arrow offer? Higher cruising altitudes, better takeoff performance? What about cruise speeds?

Cheers :)

N.-

4 minutes ago, neucoas said:

You had an sim update like 4 days ago...

Did 8 flights since then with zero problems.