Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

First update thats butched my sim.

My sim was running so well the past week Ive done nothing else with lock down. After the update last night. At cruise app or really anytime out of no were FPS drop to 15-17. CPU is not blown out or GPU. Tested all day to try and find probelm.

But it seems am not alone.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/suffering-with-poor-fps-after-todays-update-please-submit-a-ticket/376100/54

I have no idea how to solve it. Tried all the things I know. Nothing works. I even see sometimes when in menus FPS 12-15. 

O dear....

Also sent a ticket in.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

This problem was occurring before yesterday's update.  It started happening to me after the UK world update.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

9 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

My sim was running so well the past week Ive done nothing else with lock down. After the update last night. At cruise app or really anytime out of no were FPS drop to 15-17. CPU is not blown out or GPU. Tested all day to try and find probelm.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/suffering-with-poor-fps-after-todays-update-please-submit-a-ticket/376100/54

I have no idea how to solve it. Tried all the things I know. Nothing works. I even see sometimes when in menus FPS 12-15. 

O dear....

Yup, it started after WU3 , but not on the scale it's dropped to now. I used to get 55-60fps just about anywhere, only dropping to 25-30fps at say JFK, or LFPG. After WU3 it was down to 30-35fps, and  as low as 15-20fps in a detailed area ie approach.

Last night in the 787 at 39k i was getting drops to 3fps. It was that bad, i gave up. the weird bit is the GPU and CPU were at idle..

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

5 minutes ago, TexasGary said:

This problem was occurring before yesterday's update.  It started happening to me after the UK world update.

It tends to go back to normal performance after a short while after 30-60 seconds, or is this something new?

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

1 minute ago, eaim said:

It tends to go back to normal performance after a short while after 30-60 seconds, or is this something new?

This is what I see, too. Frustrating, yes, but only happens infrequently for me so easy enough to wait out. Started happening a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

This is what I see, too. Frustrating, yes, but only happens infrequently for me so easy enough to wait out. Started happening a couple of weeks ago.

Happened to me today, perhaps 30 seconds and it returned.  But several minutes later MSFS froze and never returned.  20 minutes.  Then quit.  I have had avionics freeze on me, but now its the sim itself.  Sim has not encountered a long pause or completely frozen like this before.  Not once until today.  Was in the Classic 172 and using the just-updated PMS GNS mod.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I had it appear update before last.  It completely destroys the enjoyment.  I am convinced it is scenery / mesh related as it is repeatable in certain areas.  It isnt stuttering, it is pauses or micro pauses.

I think it happened when they tweaked the sim to fix the spikes.

I tend to do a lot of repeat flights to test the sim after any update.  Before their spike fix I saw spikes north east of Saltzburg, but had good performance there.  Now, the spikes are gone but I get these terrible pauses.  I got so frustrated I just quit the flight last time. :mellow:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, eaim said:

Yer its like that.

I took the M20 from KTEB and around down town NY all perfect. Then did a flight at cruise BOOM 13-15 FPS at FL360 and no reason I could see or find. 

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

In a post here a while back the user who created the community spike fix said that they thought some terrain mesh post-processing algorithms were being run on our individual user PCs, so it is actually possible that the Asobo spike fix caused this if they added more post-processing instead of fixing the actual mesh. 

The behavior described makes a lot of sense if the sim is loading a new block of terrain mesh as your aircraft crosses some distance threshold, then doing some CPU intensive processing of it, then stopping that processing until another block of mesh needs to be processed.

With all the marketing about MSFS being "in the cloud" I'd expect that they would run any post-processing server side with the fancy Azure supercomputers, and not on our individual PCs.  It's inefficient to have every user's copy of the sim doing that when they could run it once as the data is ingested into the servers. 

You might try reducing some of the terrain mesh detail sliders and see if it helps at all.

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 2

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Here are things I have notice.

Spawning at a gate, it takes at least 30 seconds before frame rate increases to normal. From low 20s to my usual high 30 at dense airports.

After yesterdays update I had low fps as well. Here is what I did and it fixed it for me.

I put the graphic settings to low. Quit the sim, did a restart. Opened the sim, put it back to 'High' settings (my normal). Quit the sim, restarted and fps were more fluid than before the update.

Something changed in the config or setting files during the update, but that is just my 2 cents, what do I know...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

48 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

O dear....

Also sent a ticket in.

Anything to do with this?

There are a few suggestions, the usual rolling cache off, live AI off, but now some are saying that disabling online functionality is the only thing that restores FPS despite low CPU and GPU usage figures.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I got a few quite bad stutters on an approach into Cape Town. Never had these before. More like pauses of over a second. For a moment I thought the sim was going to crash. Then suddenly everything was fine again. I am wondering though - just installed the new Global AI Ships package and apparently that can cause this until all ships have been "seen" in the sim. So for now, putting it down to that. Then the A32NX did not pick up the ILS frequency for Rwy 01 or 19 - as if it did not exist. So either the FBW A32NX ILS receivers are broken or FACT ILS navdata is broken. Strongly suspect the latter. Oh well... 

Edited by RaptyrOne

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

6 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Anything to do with this?

There are a few suggestions, the usual rolling cache off, live AI off, but now some are saying that disabling online functionality is the only thing that restores FPS despite low CPU and GPU usage figures.

If it is related to the spike fix and post-processing the terrain mesh (possibly the coastline fix as well, if they are "pulling back" the coastline in realtime on the users PC), then turning off the online data limits the terrain mesh to the simplified version that is installed on your PC which could significantly reduce the processing required.  

• Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Yeah, there seems to be something going on, however my issues started (I think) after the last patch and not this most recent one. Where before I had really good performance sometimes it plummets to low teens for a number of seconds before jumping up again. Can happen everywhere and has happened several times over rural countries where just about nothing is going on. 

Actually a real immersion killer for me and something that definitely is killing the sim for me. 

• Upvote 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Same problem here.  WU3 caused some perfornance issues and SU3 has made them worse.  Frequent stutters and pauses with framerates dropping from 55 to 17 or 18 with no apparent reason then goung up again 

If it's related to the spikes, I wonder if reinstalling the mappamundi fix might provide some tempirary relief.

Something else I've noticed is that I'm seeing a lit more of that little downloading circle in the bottom right of the screen, especially when the stutters occur wich makes me suspect that it is an issue on the MS server side.

I've tried with and without a rolling cache and can detect no difference.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)