Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

First update thats butched my sim.

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

This is SO disconcerting. I wonder if it's an Nvidia driver issue?

Nope. I don't have a Nvidia card in my rig at the moment 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

29 minutes ago, cobalt said:

Same here -- running well both before and after the update, with a bonus: the CTDs I have experienced at Dublin (EIDW) for months are now gone! It is really perplexing that so many are having problems, but I hope that these will all be fixed soon. I am truly sorry about this situation. Great as this sim is, I won't be completely happy with it until these issues are resolved and everybody is happy.

It's weird, but I just upgraded from an AMD 5-3600 to a 5800x and had to flash my BIOS as well and all that mess. BAD timing, now I have to figure out if it was my upgrade or the update. I'm going to try run some other game all night and see if any issues, my issues might be BIOS version related, as there have been some Ryzen 5800x issues with certain motherboards after flashing BIOS, so I hear.

We shall see. I had a full blown BSOD a minute ago, IRQL not less or equal mess (bah).

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

Getting intervals of 15 FPS with the Cessna 152. I've been playing MSFS on my gaming laptop since release date and have never had performance this bad, maybe a stutter here or there. Before the update, I had no performance issues with any aircraft, including the modded A320 and CJ4.

• HP Omen 15, Intel i7-9750H CPU 2.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, 6 GB RAM

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Nope. I don't have a Nvidia card in my rig at the moment 

I confirmed that it was not the driver.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I just updated my NVIDIA driver too after upgrading my CPU, going to run RDR 2 for at least 2 hours see if any crashes, we'll see. Otherwise maybe a reinstall is in order at this point. My timing is impeccable 😛

Edited by Alpine Scenery

24 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

It's weird, but I just upgraded from an AMD 5-3600 to a 5800x and had to flash my BIOS as well and all that mess. BAD timing, now I have to figure out if it was my upgrade or the update. I'm going to try run some other game all night and see if any issues, my issues might be BIOS version related, as there have been some Ryzen 5800x issues with certain motherboards after flashing BIOS, so I hear.

We shall see. I had a full blown BSOD a minute ago, IRQL not less or equal mess (bah).

That sounds like a cpu issue to me / i could be wrong. but can you tell me your motherboard manufacturer and model ? Also you may want to take a look into your event viewer and check to see if you are getting any whea errors

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

I've encounter the 15fps bug onced. It's a real bug with this current update. Just restarting the sim should fix the issue. The problem is I heard 4 or 5 differences fixes for it and I don't know which is is real or not.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

39 minutes ago, Maxis said:

That sounds like a cpu issue to me / i could be wrong. but can you tell me your motherboard manufacturer and model ? Also you may want to take a look into your event viewer and check to see if you are getting any whea errors

Likely fixed now. Memory timings weren't correct, they got reset after I upgraded my CPU, I fixed them. IRQL is usually a generic memory error from an internal OS / HW validity / CRC check on the interrupt after something tries to push something into memory it failed some check, so Windows issues a BSOD to prevent the bad memory packet from damaging hardware, means it was a really important memory space that got corrupted or tried to breach something. It can also be swap file or a million other things, since it's a generic error, but that's the usual purpose of the error as it was handled in the Windows code.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DJJose said:

This is SO disconcerting. I wonder if it's an Nvidia driver issue?

I don't think it's related to any one GPU maufactuer as i am Radeon (RX5700XT) I have now completed two flights since the re-install over London (JF Arrow) and KLAS-KDEN A320NX ( fixed version) back to the normal 30fps at KLAS (FLy Tampa) 60fps at 38k enroute and 30-35 fps on approach to KDen. no stutters, no freezing of each frame.

Also be aware i have not installed any World updates at all. Are they the issue? I don't know, but i am not prepared to take chance at the moment. I have also manually cached area's like London. Las Vegas as that is now working again without a CTD.

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

What the hell !!!

I just got my reply from Asobo. I will copy my report first

"

The first update that has made FPS “bad” I balance my CPU with GPU so the CPU core that MSFS likes runs around 90% and GPU around 70-90%. But for no reason at all that I can figure out FPS just drop down to 10-12 / 15-17. Never had or seen this before and it started like all above from the update.
10900@4.9 / 3080 / 32GB ram … Driving me mad…and I now see the loading circle a lot, never had that before since day one. Once or two times a flight, before this update, it showed its face 5 times just taxing but FPS did not drop when that showed its face. FPS can drop in cruise when nothing is going on.

Tested as much as I can today Graphic setting doesn't help or stop it. Even when looking at the menus you can see FPS 12-15. Render scale makes no difference."

Reply just now.

Hi David,

Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention. This issue has been tracked in our internal bug tracker and we're currently investigating. In the meantime we recommend doing the following:

• Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator
  • Go to Options > General
  • Select Graphics
  • Under Advanced Settings and scale down "Render Scaling" to 80 instead of 100 or above.

Kind regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team

From this topic a guy did a ticket and got this reply https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/suffering-with-poor-fps-after-todays-update-please-submit-a-ticket/376100/50

Hi xxx,

Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention. This issue has been tracked in our internal bug tracker and we're currently investigating. In the meantime we recommend doing the following:

• Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator
  • Go to Options > General
  • Select Graphics
  • Under Advanced Settings and scale down "Render Scaling" to 80 instead of 100 or above.

Kind regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team

Its a good job I cannot ring them, it should not go well. 🥵

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

4 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

What the hell !!!

I just got my reply from Asobo. I will copy my report first

"

The first update that has made FPS “bad” I balance my CPU with GPU so the CPU core that MSFS likes runs around 90% and GPU around 70-90%. But for no reason at all that I can figure out FPS just drop down to 10-12 / 15-17. Never had or seen this before and it started like all above from the update.
10900@4.9 / 3080 / 32GB ram … Driving me mad…and I now see the loading circle a lot, never had that before since day one. Once or two times a flight, before this update, it showed its face 5 times just taxing but FPS did not drop when that showed its face. FPS can drop in cruise when nothing is going on.

I saw the loading circle the same day I installed the update, a couple of times. Haven't seen it since. My FPS are the same as before the update, no issues at all. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I tried pulling the render scaling down to 50 during a period of low stuttery frames and they still remained low and stuttery. So annoying as I have barely had any issues since release but this is killing all immersion and enjoyment at the moment.

Guys, it really is evident that all of our PC's haven't broken at the same time.  The formal MSFS forums are full of this so they will take notice. 
It's definitely a sim / Asobo issue, and hopefully they will find it and fix it sooner rather than later.

As for the stock answers from tech support, that is all you can expect from them.  It is infuriating, but they haven't traced the cause yet so they cant possible give any meaningful advice.

It is pointless searching any more.  I have wasted hours with my PC and configuration and listened to all of the usual (I'm fine, it must be your PC etc.).

So it's over to Asobo.  I do think this justifies a hotfix, and hopefully they will consider readjusting the tree LOD at the same time. 

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Can confirm my performance has fallen off a cliff edge with this update, too. Suddenly getting between 7 and 15 FPS sitting at some airports (Cranfield, Coventry and EGLC). Incredibly stuttery movement in the cockpit. FPS improve to around 35 (ultra, 100% rendering scale) when I reach about 3,000 feet. This on a 3090, 8700k, 32gb running at 5120x1440. Used to get around 25/30 near/over London, and between 30 and 50 elsewhere.

And I have the same trees and LoD issues as widely reported.

Edited by spacedyemeerkat

On the MSFS forum one person mentioned that setting the Terrain Detail slider to 50 or less helped, or turning off Bing Data (!!)

Suggesting that people change render scaling is totally lame advice for an issue where the CPU chokes and the GPU is twiddling its thumbs. Reducing the load on the GPU further won't help.

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals