Sign in to follow this  
Manny

For people who are suffering performance Issue after Update3

11 minutes ago, marcg11 said:

Its pretty clear the either Asobo doesn't see it as that big of an issue as some of us do (or its by design)....We had much more communication regarding the Flaps issue last release....and I dont believe they dont have some idea of what is going on by now...its so easy to reproduce that by now they should be able to communicate what is causing the issue - even if they dont have a solution.

Exactly. 

3 minutes ago, marcg11 said:

Sorry - That's the same thing they posted officially on Tuesday......so its not really any update at all.  

So listing something as a fix higher than other priorities isn't "that big of an issue". Got it.

• Like 1

I flew the sim today for the first time since the update. What, in heaven's name, did they do to the sim? Previously, I got excellent FPS even in 4K and almost never experienced stuttering. Today, however, everything has gone downhill big-time. Even though I was flying over a rural area, there was massive stuttering, and the FPS were reduced by almost 50%. I made no changes whatever in hardware or graphics settings. My first thought was that the update must have changed my graphics settings (as some of you have reported). I checked all the settings and nothing has changed. I wish Asobo would follow the Hippocratic Oath: "Above all, do no harm."

• Like 4

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

10 minutes ago, David Mills said:

I flew the sim today for the first time since the update. What, in heaven's name, did they do to the sim? Previously, I got excellent FPS even in 4K and almost never experienced stuttering. Today, however, everything has gone downhill big-time. Even though I was flying over a rural area, there was massive stuttering, and the FPS were reduced by almost 50%. I made no changes whatever in hardware or graphics settings. My first thought was that the update must have changed my graphics settings (as some of you have reported). I checked all the settings and nothing has changed. I wish Asobo would follow the Hippocratic Oath: "Above all, do no harm."

Welcome to the club!!! Be sure to submit a Zendesk report so they can offer some completely useless solution!!

• Like 4

Wow a lot of ppl are having this issue. Hopefully get fixed soon, I cannot use my sim at 10fps. 

• Like 2

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

9 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Wow a lot of ppl are having this issue. Hopefully get fixed soon, I cannot use my sim at 10fps. 

Ah but some users have told me it's my computer's problem and that I should "fix it myself" 🙄

• Like 3

I don't know if anybody has posted this strange workaround that helps in all regions with stutters, even in this notorious Bishop, Texas: Go in developer mode/Options/Terrain and deselect "Draw On Terrain". In my case I had smooth 45 to 50 fps in Bishop again. This is not a fix, of course. You have to stay in developer mode and the ground on larger airports looks like word not allowed with this workaround. But the stutter is gone.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, crimplene said:

I don't know if anybody has posted this strange workaround that helps in all regions with stutters, even in this notorious Bishop, Texas: Go in developer mode/Options/Terrain and deselect "Draw On Terrain". In my case I had smooth 45 to 50 fps in Bishop again. This is not a fix, of course. You have to stay in developer mode and the ground on larger airports looks like word not allowed with this workaround. But the stutter is gone.

Yeah, that's been thrown around today.

Unfortunately it invalidates (doesn't display) anything in your Community Folder, Eradicates Vector Data (Roads/ Runways/ Taxiways, etc) and generally makes the sim look like 'word most definitely not allowed'.

It ain't a Fix it's proof that the problem lies in rendering .mdl and texture files - nothing more - certainly not a solution and definitely not a "Fix".

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 2

I can appreciate the angst by folks who only use MSFS, but for those who have XP/P3D, it's a simple matter to put MSFS on ignore until they get to the bottom of the blunderpatch.  I'll join in w/ the angst if MS/Asobo outright quits, which will warrant some deserved serious disappointment for sure at that point.  In the interim I'm enjoying a lovely dawn flight out of KSLC to KBJC in the lovely Dash 8.  The trick to making P3D tolerable (w/o a terabyte of TruEarth installed) is to fly in low light where she really shines 😉

Dash-8-KSLC.png

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 minute ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Unfortunately it invalidates (doesn't display) anything in your Community Folder, Eradicates Vector Data (Roads/ Runways/ Taxiways, etc) and generally makes the sim look like 'word most definitely not allowed'.

It ain't a Fix it's proof that the problem lies in rendering .mdl and texture files - nothing more - certainly not a solution.

There are some very smart folks in the community. I wouldnt be surprised if someone comes up with a fix before Asobo does. When there were giant buildings everywhere after a different update, a member from the community came up with a fix in the few days after 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Noel said:

I can appreciate the angst by folks who only use MSFS, but for those who have XP/P3D, it's a simple matter to put MSFS on ignore until they get to the bottom of the blunderpatch.  I'll join in w/ the angst if MS/Asobo outright quits, which will warrant some deserved serious disappointment for sure at that point.  In the interim I'm enjoying a lovely dawn flight out of KSLC to KBJC in the lovely Dash 8.  The trick to making P3D tolerable (w/o a terabyte of TruEarth installed) is to fly in low light where she really shines 😉

Dash-8-KSLC.png

Well I think I speak for all of us when I say; "We're all absolutely delighted for you."

Carry on.

3 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

It ain't a Fix it's proof that the problem lies in rendering .mdl and texture files - nothing more - certainly not a solution and definitely not a "Fix".

Absolutely word not allowed but interesting. 🙂

1 minute ago, Noel said:

I can appreciate the angst by folks who only use MSFS, but for those who have XP/P3D, it's a simple matter to put MSFS on ignore until they get to the bottom of the blunderpatch. 

I now have the CRJ for both P3D and MSFS. They're essentially the same and I dont see any major differences yet. So if MSFS doesnt cooperate I'll practice on P3D again - though nighttime scenery looks like from a 1980s Nintendo video game compared to MSFS 🤷🏻‍♂️

4 minutes ago, NightOfDreams said:

I now have the CRJ for both P3D and MSFS. They're essentially the same and I dont see any major differences yet. So if MSFS doesnt cooperate I'll practice on P3D again - though nighttime scenery looks like from a 1980s Nintendo video game compared to MSFS 🤷🏻‍♂️

And the 1980's Nintendo games, have a lot less bugs than both. Maybe they should re-release it on Nintendo 

81s7B+Als-L._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram