Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Let's not accept the fact that FS is just a videogame now

I also believe that; their priority is not the one, as ours. Therefore, they are not allocatiing enough resources. I believe so, because there were very very easy things that community modders (even they are not experienced) solved most of them, such as, replay tool, seasons (trees), metar weather (unreal weather), some simple AI traffic, some simple ship traffic, tire smoke, wet runway tire mist, etc. etc. In every update (Sim/World) things, especially fps, stutters, lod, tree drawing distances, sometimes clouds, weather, live traffic, terrain spikes,coastline glitches, ground textures at high altitudes, etc. etc getting worse or instable. 

We can not know the reasons, maybe Xbox priority or something else but I hope they take care of these kind feedbacks from us. Our aim is not to complain but request more attention. I agree that most of us wanted this sim to be released asap and we were aware of the continious development but we would like to see forward development, not backwards.

Edited by kt069
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

I remember seeing millions of these threads when the game first launched. Is it a game? Is it a sim? Is it playable? Is it unusable?

Honestly it all comes down to how you use it. I can use the default A320 and simulate full procedure VOR approaches. As long as I understand the limitations of the sim and act within them, it’s a learning experience. As long as you’re willing to creatively work around limitations, you’ll be learning new skills or practicing skills to prevent degradation (by definition, “simming” according to this judgemental forum). Hell you can use Euro Truck Simulator as a learning tool if you applied it right. You could even use a rock to practice squash if you really wanted to (though a ball racket and court time is relatively cheap).

Or you can endlessly complain because a G3000 unit in the game doesn’t perfectly behave the way its real world counterpart does when you insert a waypoint between two existing ones in a flightplan. You choose the hill you want to die on. Is the sim perfect? Hell no, there’s tons of work needed. Is it useable? Hell yeah I’m still keeping my real-world IFR skills sharp, considering I don’t have much of a choice in flying IRL nowadays.

Edited by amahran
  • Like 3

I consider myself quite an avid 'simmer', but I'm still seriously considering buying an Xbox Series X so I can play MSFS in the living room, and maybe get my dad into it who doesn't have the time to put together a gaming PC rig but does have a large 4k TV.

...does that make me a bad person?

Edited by Tom Wright
  • Like 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

19 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

You kind of missed my point....

Please explain your point then. The original poster talked about the frame rate halving in specific areas, which is extremely noticeable in VR. Turning off the counter will not make such a low frame rate, or other stutters induced by the recent problems, any less noticeable.

If you do not see the difference between 20 and 40 FPS in VR then good for you, turn off the FPS counter and enjoy your flights. Those who are affected by the problems should talk about them so that Asobo have as much information as possible to solve the issue.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Oh , OK, that is why MSFS 2020 is so bug free and works so well for everyone. By the way, name a PC  game that Asobo produced that is anywhere near the complexity of MSFS 2020. 

Despite the "in-famous" fps bug which Asobo-s already know, investigating and soon we will have a fix, please name a Flight Simulator which could blend ultra-high-multi layer volumetric clouds, weather, lighting / environment  with stable fps and smooth experience.

I am a dedicated X-Plane user since 10 years now and as i wanted to make a short break from MSFS , i made an IFR route and i thought i was playing Monopoly ( ok with all aircraft buttons/systems working)

I support and trust Asobo team 100%. First time a professional gaming company created  a high-end realistic flight-sim  platform environment.

The fact is that before UK update / Sim update 3 MSFS was killer in performance, ultra smooth with great and stable fps. There is a weird performance bug which they know and investigate, we need to give them time to fix it , that's all. 

Edited by Seth2021
  • Like 2

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

30 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Please explain your point then.

My point is simple, stop obsessing about frame rates, if you have stutters in one area move to another. There is a whole world to explore. Lower your settings, etc. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Tom Wright said:

But so were Aces who worked on all the previous iterations of Microsoft Flight Simulator were they not?

All 'games' have a graphics engine and a physics engine behind them. Whether it's portraying planes, trains or blowing people's heads off doesn't actually make a huge amount of difference in their complexity actually.

Shooters and other games are intrinsically much less complex to develop than a flight simulator portraying the whole world. There are many 3D shooter releases every year, even if you consider only the AAA titles there are at least 3 and the development of a completely new release usually does not take more than 3 years. As for FS, we had FSX in 2006 and FS 2020 is a "10 year project".

Moreover there is a big difference also in the gameplay and the gamers' expectations actually, because if you play a shooter you don't debate whether or not the recoil of a weapon or the effect of a bullet of a certain caliber on the body of the opponent is realistic or not. In many shooters you need to land a considerable amount of bullets on someone's chest to kill him, which is not the case in the real world. They are shooters indeed, not combat simulators.

But these are just details that do not compromise the fun of playing a shooter, whereas a non-working autopilot on an A320 in a flight simulator certainly does that. An A320 that turns 180° without reason and 10 fps stuttering areas on the countryside with the best hardware available are the equivalent of square hitboxes and 1000 ms lag for a shooter.

33 minutes ago, Tom Wright said:

I consider myself quite an avid 'simmer', but I'm still seriously considering buying an Xbox Series X so I can play MSFS in the living room, and maybe get my dad into it who doesn't have the time to put together a gaming PC rig but does have a large 4k TV.

...does that make me a bad person?

Well, no... and there is nothing bad in following the market trends of course, maybe we just need two separate lines of products: one "Microsoft Flight"-like and the other "Flight Simulator"-like and they should be developed separately in order to make all the customers happy. Personally I would buy both! 🙂

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

2 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

FS 2020 charmed many of us with its looks just like a beautiful young girl could bewitch us and take us away from our faithful wives, only to give us a false hope of happiness, only to get our money, mock us and eventually leave us heartbroken

Priceless!  🤣

• Like 5

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

5 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

My point is simple, stop obsessing about frame rates, if you have stutters in one area move to another. There is a whole world to explore. Lower your settings, etc. 

If there were a list I would avoid them 🙂 As for the settings, it doesn't make any difference...

I am really not concerned with these stuttering spots but with the trend of the updates. I see no improvement through the patches and I look forward to the next one with worry.

Whereas for all the other games I played, the development team managed NET improvements patch after patch.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Oh , OK, that is why MSFS 2020 is so bug free and works so well for everyone. By the way, name a PC  game that Asobo produced that is anywhere near the complexity of MSFS 2020. 

is it really that complex? I mean everybody complains about it being shallow and a "game" instead of a Sim. Maybe for a reason?

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

6 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Sorry but this is BS. If you want to fly where you live and unluckily thats a region affected by the Bug you don't move to another region. I use my home city's Airport as base in MSFS and i wouldn't want to move on to some area i am not interested in.

No one is obsessed with FPS. We just want a smooth experience regardless of it being 30FPS, 60FPS or whatever. Having the counter off or on doesn't change the stuttering.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

It's not a videogame at the moment, it's a virtual paperweight. I can't even navigate the menus at 5 fps.

• Like 1

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

25 minutes ago, Seth2021 said:

I am a dedicated X-Plane user since 10 years now and as i wanted to make a short break from MSFS , i made an IFR route and i thought i was playing Monopoly ( ok with all aircraft buttons/systems working)

29099093-irvine-ca-27-mai-2014-monopoly-

Edited by crimplene
  • Like 4

I think its the best thing we have ever had but you have too invest in decent hardware if you can simple.

Its as real visually as it gets.

• Upvote 1

RYZEN 7 5800X3D EIGHT CORE 4.5GHZ,  CORSAIR CMK64GX4M2E3200C16 VENGEANCE LPX 64GB SAPPHIRE NITRO  AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT (16368 MB) 

MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI Samsung U32J59x (DisplayPort) [31.5" VA LCD] Seagate FireCuda 520 SSD ZP1000GM30002 (ITB)WDC WDS100T2B0C-00PXH0 (1TB)

9 minutes ago, EmaRacing said:

It's not a videogame at the moment, it's a virtual paperweight. I can't even navigate the menus at 5 fps.

I agree, when i got "stuck" in the 5 FPS trap, in order to exit the game I had to use Task Manager. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310