Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

A new "present" from ASOBO: hitting Escape/Resume...

9 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Do yo have rudder pedals Gaz?  I thought it had already been established it was only with rudder pedals attached.

I haven't seen the bug, but I don't have rudder pedals.

I do have pedals but the bug showed its ugly head only yesterday.  

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

13 hours ago, F737NG said:

They chose the first 300 applicants, not the 300 most suitable applicants, and it shows.
Fortunately, Jorg said in the most recent Q&A dev stream that they would change the selection process in future.

They should have two rings of testers - one that is periodically open for public signup like the beta they just did, and a much smaller alpha ring that is by invitation, so they can handpick people from the community they think can provide valuable feedback.  And the "public" ring should be bigger, because the one benefit of that group would be catching things by sheer scale of users prodding at the code.  Xbox already has other games that use exactly this system, so it isn't exactly unthinkable.

To get the most out of this configuration, I also think they should switch to releasing new updates every 3-4 months (aside from the odd hotfix here or there for some emergent bug).  Three months of dev, one month of testing/debugging, then release.

I'm confident they'll figure out a system that works for themselves and their third-party stakeholders, but they clearly aren't there quite yet. Right now I think the main problem is that their internal timelines are still too intense for the sheer volume of stuff they are delivering every couple of months - things are coming in too hot, which means they're eternally playing catchup with fixing stuff.

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

Yeah I do, strange for it to cause an issue with an axis assigned to something else. Their programmers must be on crack!! 🤣😂🤣

😀 I know - Some of the issues are simply inexplicable. 

I joked about the possibility of a saboteur or disgruntled employee a few months ago and got shot down by some on here, but we have errors occurring in areas that Asobo say they haven't touched, and even they are scratching their heads at times.  I mean, how did the B747 no.1 throttle lever suddenly shrink to half the size on the previous update? (not sure if it is fixed yet?).  Surely that would require someone to go into the 3-D model and do that wilfully?

Anyway - all very strange. 😕

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

16 hours ago, VFXSimmer said:

Maybe because some feel the incredible view at the top of the mountain in the end outweighs the pebble in the shoe or the wet socks from a soggy hiking trail. 🙂

But continuing hike after hike after hike with a pebble in the shoe soon defeats the spirit!  Pretty soon you pull out a different pair of shoes.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 6

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 hours ago, Scottoest said:

They should have two rings of testers - one that is periodically open for public signup like the beta they just did, and a much smaller alpha ring that is by invitation, so they can handpick people from the community they think can provide valuable feedback.

And ensure you have experienced 3rd party devs who have made a living from poking and prodding the dark corners of sims in order to make things work in this group

(Oh and make sure you actually listen to and act on the feedback you get from all the testers - that should go without saying...)

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Backseat project managers - sheesh!

Regards

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

4 hours ago, fppilot said:

But continuing hike after hike after hike with a pebble in the shoe soon defeats the spirit!  Pretty soon you pull out a different pair of shoes.

Sheesh.  Debbie Downer metaphor day 😉

• Like 1

Never had the issue, but I don't have active pause...

For the record 1.5.8.0 is out gentlemen but ESC is working fine here always since the beginning... (but I don't like active pause 😎)

Hope they will solve the issue for all involved!

Edited by awf

André

On my system, Hotfix 1.15.8 did not fix this issue. I have the throttle on an axis.

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64

6 hours ago, NBouc said:

On my system, Hotfix 1.15.8 did not fix this issue. I have the throttle on an axis.

Mine did not fix either. 100% of the time escape will reset the throttle, rudder, ailerons, elevator to the middle if you tap the escape key twice quickly or slowly.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

14 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

Backseat project managers - sheesh!

So true, on the internet everyone is an A+ program manager witrh years of experience managing complex, multi-national projects. 

I love all the posts where folks try to tell Asobo and Microsoft (both companies are experienced game developers) how to run their business.

I bet if you were to look at the rèsumès of these armchair erxperts you would find entries such as "experienced project manager - managed a team of 2 sales associates"

Too funny. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

So true, on the internet everyone is an A+ program manager witrh years of experience managing complex, multi-national projects. 

I love all the posts where folks try to tell Asobo and Microsoft (both companies are experienced game developers) how to run their business.

I bet if you were to look at the rèsumès of these armchair erxperts you would find entries such as "experienced project manager - managed a team of 2 sales associates"

Too funny. 

On the other hand some of us have been software developers and project managers since the 90s.

Edited by Matchstick
  • Upvote 6

7 hours ago, Matchstick said:

On the other hand some of us have been software developers and project managers since the 90s.

On the other hand things change.

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Well perhaps if this car wreck of a "sim" showed improvements over the last few months, programmers wouldn't feel the need to offer their expertise. 

• Like 1

I was having this issue right after the patch but my flights today didn't have the issue.  Not sure if something was fixed in the background or if it's just a random/intermittent issue?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU