Sign in to follow this  
Gary1124

Will My System Work Okay?

7 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

This is mainly related to multiplayer, so should not be a concern. :cool:

LOL that's good Bert 😄

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

10 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Your system would handle 1080p fine even on mostly high but would really struggle at 4K .

As far as FSX/Prepar3d goes that is going to to some extent depend on how much you are prepare to spend on global scenery and addons.  MSFS out of the box is pretty good on medium/high.   FSX/Prepar3d can look quite good on low end systems with the right scenery but you are spending a fair bit on scenery addons to get them to that stage.

P3D on the highest settings can't match MSFS 2020 and the lowest settings. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

17 hours ago, Gary1124 said:

Just out of curiousity. What is better?

FSX/Prepar3d all nodded on max settings or MSFS on light to medium settings,

Can. of Worms.😁

But visually, I would have to agree wholeheartedly with:

15 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I'm assuming you mean better looking? That's an easy one: MSFS on low/medium settings beats the pants off P3D/XPlane on max with all visual addons. 

I've never used P3D (only FSX and FS9 before that) but I could never go back to them except for the 'retro' experience. I didn't have thousands (or even hundreds) of pounds tied up in them though, so I can understand some people clinging onto them.

12 hours ago, Gary1124 said:

Not hard to please graphically.

Then it's MSFS all the way! And that's a compliment to it because you should be highly impressed (notwithstanding the glitches you'll inevitably face at some point, but that's the same with any flight sim).

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

18 hours ago, Gary1124 said:

Just out of curiousity. What is better?

FSX/Prepar3d all nodded on max settings or MSFS on light to medium settings,

As said above, better looking: MSFS

Better IFR trainer: P3D

I have them both installed and use them both..

P3D also starts up faster, just as an aside for going for a quick flight.. :cool:

• Upvote 1

Bert

14 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

This is mainly related to multiplayer, so should not be a concern. :cool:

Bert,

Not very often I disagree with you, but since the last update, I have gone from 45-50FPS down to 12-20 FPS accompanied by very prominent stutters, and I still have the Flaps down and spoilers up with retarded throttle as an added bonus problem with MSFS.  I have multiplayer turned off and have never used it in any platform.

Downloading and installing the hotfix has not changed anything for me.

I have temporarily stopped using it and only check once a week to see if anything has been fixed. As a tribute to MSFS though, I have not noticed anything further broken with the hotfix, but performance is so very bad it is almost impossible to tell really.

Back to OP .... Even the latest P3Dv5 with all the bells and whistles is absolutely no comparison to MSFS visually.  The rest of the sim though lags a long way behind in many aspects.  

My advice ... keep your FSX or P3D, maybe even try XPlane (with Ortho) for serious flying (or just fly at night, as has been suggested) and also use MSFS.  Please note that I am NOT saying that serious flying is not possible with MSFS.

I am constantly amazed to see the continual criticism of P3D regarding graphics which were, and still are, really, at least acceptable with addons, and were lauded longly and loudly for the graphics prior to the introduction of MSFS. No comparison now but Graphics/Scenery is the ONE advantage MSFS has in my opinion. 

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I will cling awhile to FSX-SE due to my Accusim fleet. I really enjoy the realism of my Bonanza, Skylane, and Commanche. I hope A2A does the Aerostar in MSFS. They are focusing it toward Prepar3d I know. 

Also. My terrain is good with UTL. I know towns are generic save for the big cities in my region (Philly looks like Philly, Pittsburg, Baltimore, DC etc.) But I can VFR due to my familiarity with the region, our mountain and ridge landscape is close. Heck, even Allentown looks like it. I use ABE often.

I do look forward to seeing PA in MSFS though. Harrisburg, our capitol has ALWAYS been flat and generic in all fs versions. I hope it looks like itself in MSFS.

Edited by Gary1124

3 hours ago, Gary1124 said:

Harrisburg, our capitol has ALWAYS been flat and generic in all fs versions. I hope it looks like itself in MSFS.

Is this even close to Harrisburg,PA and I have a low to medium system. Low graphics card, 1060 3GB RAM, and i7 8700, 16 GB RAM,but for some strange reason it's very decent for me!

2021-04-24_02-11-28

Are the green and blue colors correct? You know only people that live their really know! And some issues with some bridges, but that's everywhere often!

Edited by in2tech

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

9 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Not very often I disagree with you, but since the last update, I have gone from 45-50FPS down to 12-20 FPS accompanied by very prominent stutters, and I still have the Flaps down and spoilers up with retarded throttle as an added bonus problem with MSFS.  I have multiplayer turned off and have never used it in any platform.

Apparently Zendesk have been advising people with low FPS and stutters to drop LOD back temporarily to 80 until they fix whatever the problem happens to be.

I have not had this issue BUTthat is probably becasue I fly low and slow and hence keep my LOD down around 80 or 90 and do not fly in busy areas to trigger the multiplayer bug.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, in2tech said:

Is this even close to Harrisburg,PA and I have a low to medium system. Low graphics card, 1060 3GB RAM, and i7 8700, 16 GB RAM,but for some strange reason it's very decent for me!

2021-04-24_02-11-28

Are the green and blue colors correct? You know only people that live their really know! And some issues with some bridges, but that's everywhere often!

Yes, those buildings are indeed correct. The capitol building, the state office buildings, the churches on Forster St. The round building is the William Penn museum. The State Street viaduct to the east of the capitol. The Harvey Taylor Bridge over the river looks like that. That shot was looking north toward Blue Mountain.

Of course, Pittsburg looks correct to. I wouldn't have needed the tags for either of those cities.  In my current FSX-Steam only Pittsburg and Philly are easily recognizable in PA. and Philly more so only because I downloaded SunSky Jets PHL freeware scenery package with KPHL and surrounding area in photo real.

4 hours ago, in2tech said:

2021-04-24_02-11-28

If you fly on about a 005 track 23 miles north of that location it bring you over a little town called Elizabethville in Lykens Valley,  Northern Dauphin County, PA. It's like Hazzard County, very rural. If that area is recognizable genuine and deserved kudos to the MS/Asobo team. 

Although, if you set current date for that flight I must say that our foliage isn't quite that mature yet. Still a lot of buds and quite a few still bare trees in the area. But the weather looked spot on yesterday. Sun and clouds and a 5 kt. NW wind.

Edited by Gary1124

6 hours ago, Gary1124 said:

If you fly on about a 005 track 23 miles north of that location it bring you over a little town called Elizabethville in Lykens Valley,  Northern Dauphin County, PA. It's like Hazzard County, very rural. If that area is recognizable genuine and deserved kudos to the MS/Asobo team. 

Although, if you set current date for that flight I must say that our foliage isn't quite that mature yet. Still a lot of buds and quite a few still bare trees in the area. But the weather looked spot on yesterday. Sun and clouds and a 5 kt. NW wind.

OK ---  did a quick 20 min flight in the Piaggio  from Harrisburg  to Elizabethville then back to Millersburg on the Susquehanna River.

Live weather.

Note that there are no seasons in MSFS yet.

• Crossing ridge and following road to Elizabethville around 11.00 min
  • Flying over Elizabethville from 13:00 min

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Gary1124 said:

Have you tried the Game Pass yet to see how it run's? Anyway, it was a nice area to fly around, and I really liked Harrisburg, PA. Although looking at some pictures of Harrisburg, PA, I saw some train tracks not not in MSFS. Like I said a few bridges partially in the water, which is an MSFS thing in some areas. Now, not sure if you would like some of the default airports. But they don't usually bother me. And you could probably, or possibly find Freeware or maybe Payware. I'm not a Payware scenery person really!

Good luck if you try it out on Game Pass! It's amazing that it works on some Low end systems. Not all, and for sure not on Super high settings. But it does appear to work often!

I don't know why my screenshot is not showing up anymore for Harrisburg,PA!

Edited by in2tech

Thank You Flight Friend. That IS my area. Not already knowing it's a sim I would have called it a real flight. I am convinced to go to 2020.

I must replace my Drive D. It's a 2 terabyte platter type. Nothing important other than backup and freeware files on it. I can save them on a thumb. 

My Drive C is a 240 gig SSD. Has FSX and all but wow, at a 150 gig minimum it wouldn't work for 2020 and I don't want the seeking lag of a platter.

Thanks for the vid. I'm glad you enjoyed our scenery. I Love our land here. Beautiful in all seasons. Fall is breath taking. Only the coal mining scaring northeast from here has marred it but it's being reclaimed over time. Thank you

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gary1124 said:

Thank You Flight Friend. That IS my area. Not already knowing it's a sim I would have called it a real flight. I am convinced to go to 2020.

I must replace my Drive D. It's a 2 terabyte platter type. Nothing important other than backup and freeware files on it. I can save them on a thumb. 

My Drive C is a 240 gig SSD. Has FSX and all but wow, at a 150 gig minimum it wouldn't work for 2020 and I don't want the seeking lag of a platter.

Thanks for the vid. I'm glad you enjoyed our scenery. I Love our land here. Beautiful in all seasons. Fall is breath taking. Only the coal mining scaring northeast from here has marred it but it's being reclaimed over time. Thank you

Yep, my 1 TB HD is a platter drive. I usually start the sim and go get a cup of coffee ( see signature ) while it boots. But, once I am in the sim, it's fairly quick, but NOT as quick as an SSD would be. You might want to try it before spending money on an SSD, unless you were going too anyway? Also, to see if you have issue's, most people don't but some appear too no matter what their system is? I have no clue why! I think you will really like MSFS, if you enjoyed the screenshots and video that much 🙂

See you in the skies!