Sign in to follow this  
bean_sprout

Patch Pauses Gone

Since the latest patch my 5-10 second pauses seem to be gone.  Can anyone  verify? 

Thanks

bs 

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

I've only managed probably 4-5 hours  of flying since the patch but i haven't experienced any pauses during that time.  

I probably shouldn't say this out loud either, but i haven't had a single CTD either since 1.15.10 whereas the previous 2 patches caused 1 in 3 flights to crash.

So far, so good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

Since the latest patch my 5-10 second pauses seem to be gone.  Can anyone  verify? 

Thanks

bs 

I was looking for it as I approached my arrival airport but it was nothing more than a momentary glitch, not the 4-5 second freeze/pause. Only one flight though, so hardly reliable.

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

They are still there. So are occasional stutters and the ESC bug. Plus, every other issue that it had from the beginning. 😀

MSFS is still a work in progress and I'll predict right now that it's going to take years for them to get this one right. That doesn't mean that I will not load the sim a do a few flights in the beautiful Caribbean. It just means that it ain't ready for prime time and that the MSFS delusional fan base needs continued reminding.

• Like 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Yep - just the momentary glitch.

Cheers

bs ☘️

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

4 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

Thanks

bs 

I am not getting the pauses (never have actually) I am getting stutters when the sim is running well but normally, since the latest update, FPS goes way down from 50s to 10-15 (sometimes ... I only fly in Australia and none of that scenery is as dense as I am sometimes) and I am still getting the throttle problem and flaps problem after pausing the sim (I do not use Active Pause and I have "pause" mapped to the "P" key) I thought that they had fixed the pause problem but I certainly still have it.

Whilst I love this programme, I find myself flying in XPlane more often and in MSFS less often. I am still avidly following the forum to see what is being fixed and what is not.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Pauses/stutters  gone, flying again with real weather, multiplayer and real air traffic on

ESC bug does not apply to me

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

On 5/9/2021 at 5:50 AM, himmelhorse said:

I am not getting the pauses (never have actually) I am getting stutters when the sim is running well but normally, since the latest update, FPS goes way down from 50s to 10-15 (sometimes ... I only fly in Australia and none of that scenery is as dense as I am

The latest hot fix has (so far) got rid of many of my stutter fields, but South Australia still regularly produces them. Strange as there’s (relatively) nothing there...

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

scotchegg,

I turned on FS2020 today and got both a CTD (first time) and a 30 sec "pause"

I do not know what is wrong with this sim but the above combined with intermittent performance issues is driving me nuts.  The only excitement in my life lately is turning on MSFS2020 to find out what is programmed to go wrong for that day.. Thank someone above for P3D and XPlane.  I think I would be wearing a straight jacket if it were'nt for them. I really feel for the people who have allegedly uninstalled both platforms in favour of MSFS.  They must have very little hair left.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

On 5/8/2021 at 7:54 PM, DJJose said:

They are still there. So are occasional stutters and the ESC bug. Plus, every other issue that it had from the beginning. 😀

MSFS is still a work in progress and I'll predict right now that it's going to take years for them to get this one right. That doesn't mean that I will not load the sim a do a few flights in the beautiful Caribbean. It just means that it ain't ready for prime time and that the MSFS delusional fan base needs continued reminding.

Enjoying the sim a lot with the occasional glitch but otherwise it's beautiful for me. I'm certainly not delusional so you don't speak for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beeline90 said:

Enjoying the sim a lot with the occasional glitch but otherwise it's beautiful for me. I'm certainly not delusional so you don't speak for me.

Same here. 

FSX was unusable for years. Patience then got us where we are today (due to FSX:SE and LM). Patience will get us to a good place with MSFS too.

• Like 3

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

On 5/8/2021 at 11:24 AM, bean_sprout said:

Thanks

bs 

There are much much fewer pauses now. They can still happen, but I haven't seen nearly as many lately. 

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

I've only had one long pause (about 5 sec) when on final at about 700' AGL into Frankfurt.  After she unfroze everything was fine.  I still get the occasional stutter, though not from cockpit views.

Randall Rocke

Looking at all the responses here and in other topics regarding bugs, issues and problems, it would be easy to surmise that we are talking about 30 different flight sim platforms.  There are so many differing problems affecting so many different consumers in so many different ways, that the only consistent thing about MSFS is its inconsistency.

Like most people here, when it works, I am enjoying it immensely, when it doesn't, I hate it with a passion. 

I do believe that in the long term we will have something even more special, but that inconsistency must be driving other people into unwanted passions and that includes MS and Asobo.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.