Sign in to follow this  
BostonJeremy77

CaptainSim releases Boeing 777-200ER for MSFS!

8 minutes ago, FS++ said:

Good point. I guess, they could put the EFB to good use and get doors operated from it, unless there is some kind of limit on the number of animations in MSFS.

Could be. But as noted, even that Bredok3D MAX had opening cargo holds; they opened the wrong way, but they did nevertheless open.

And it's long been a thing in flight sims to use SDK animation assignments such as lower the Concorde Visor and Lower the Water Rudder for triggering other animations and visual on/off triggers. Aeroplane Heaven is a developer which has made use of that kind of thing a lot in the past, such as having their C-47 drop paratroops in FSX and P3D and even having a shotgun starter in their Phoenix VC which they included with their C-119. Mother of invention and all that.

One thing is for sure. This, like that Bredok3D MAX, has definitely made people draw a few lines in the sand in regards to what they will and will not put up with. It's just a good job Abacus aren't banging planes out any longer. There'd be a bunch of heart attacks going on if that was still the case.

Of course I don't need to tell you what a decent developer can achieve, you manage that on a daily basis. 🙂

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I just got done watching Chocks review.  Holy comedy goldmine. This thing is the definition of SimMarket baitware 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

The average gamer/simmer doesn't care about or can't tell the difference between a 777 and a 747 cockpit. One has two the other has 4 engines. The visuals are there, it has a decently modeled cabin. It costs about $30. Boom. Instant bestseller.

If you want to fly a 777 in MSFS right now, this is it.

Alternatively, wait for slow-moving developers to release their versions never/in 10 years.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

It's not a 777 in MSFS tho, it's a frankenstein abomination

• Like 2

vatsim s3

1133704.png

18 hours ago, nrunning24 said:

Should those people not be able to purchase products that fit there needs? Should they be required to learn complex airliners to have a fun experience? Should any developer giving them products they want be shunned for "cash grabbing". 

Because that offering is not even CLOSE to payware quality and it should be free. And like I said earlier, the default 777 in FS2004 was closer to a 777 then this one. 

53 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

The average gamer/simmer doesn't care about or can't tell the difference between a 777 and a 747 cockpit. One has two the other has 4 engines. The visuals are there, it has a decently modeled cabin. It costs about $30. Boom. Instant bestseller.

If you want to fly a 777 in MSFS right now, this is it.

Alternatively, wait for slow-moving developers to release their versions never/in 10 years.

Gamer no. Simmer yes.

It’s now become abundantly clear MSFS is a gamer only platform. 
As far as simulating flight and aircraft, P3D, X-plane , FSX, FS2004 and FS2002 reign supreme when it comes to flight simulation. 

Microsoft has lost the plot. 

• Like 1

Stay on topic guys!  This ain't the "Food Channel" forum! :ph34r:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

18 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

Because that offering is not even CLOSE to payware quality and it should be free. And like I said earlier, the default 777 in FS2004 was closer to a 777 then this one. 

You choking, do you..🤣

Shure not for me - sorry that is just nonsens !

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

The older liveries still work.

apparently you just have to flip the dds and rename it, simple as that

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

Gamer no. Simmer yes.

It’s now become abundantly clear MSFS is a gamer only platform. 
As far as simulating flight and aircraft, P3D, X-plane , FSX, FS2004 and FS2002 reign supreme when it comes to flight simulation. 

Microsoft has lost the plot. 

MSFS has 2M+ Pilots, a store that guarantees more $$$ to fund further development, an unprecedented marketing / engagement strategy, a commitment to continually develop the sim (like "VR" after the release), and the lists goes on and on...and their future is bright and clear...set in stone on a roadmap. This....this is reigning supreme with respect to flight simulation

MSFS has lost nothing....

Asobo said from that start that they were initially relying on 3P Devs to bring the higher fidelity aircraft / systems....after some feedback, they decided to partner with WT to bring more...to the core.

You can't fault Asobo for what 3P Devs bring to the table, you will have to "wait" for the better planes to come (or take the plunge to make your own), surely that will take time.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I am just disappointed that I DO enjoy several of CS jets on P3D and simply didn’t expect them to pull something like this. If you have flown their 737-300, 757, and 767, you would easily see why this is a pretty jarring move on their part. I also detest that it basically confirms their earlier statement that MSFS is a game and they don’t take that simulator seriously. So why even develop for it? Just stay on P3D, I would have gladly continued to fly their products there. Now when I fire up their stuff in P3D, THIS nonsense comes to mind and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I had to go fly a PMDG 777 last night to “cleanse the palate” after testing this CS offering. It was like night and day. 

2 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

MSFS has 2M+ Pilots, a store that guarantees more $$$ to fund further development, an unprecedented marketing / engagement strategy, a commitment to continually develop the sim (like "VR" after the release), and the lists goes on and on...and their future is bright and clear...set in stone on a roadmap. This....this is reigning supreme with respect to flight simulation

MSFS has lost nothing....

Asobo said from that start that they were initially relying on 3P Devs to bring the higher fidelity aircraft / systems....after some feedback, they decided to partner with WT to bring more...to the core.

You can't fault Asobo for what 3P Devs bring to the table, you will have to "wait" for the better planes to come (or take the plunge to make your own), surely that will take time.

Then why is it that the MSFS platform is still that closed for 3P Devs ? 
Sure, scenery design is what the MSFS SDK supports best. But complex ac is another story.

Also see the rest of the thread for more.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

7 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Then why is it that the MSFS platform is still that closed for 3P Devs ? 
Sure, scenery design is what the MSFS SDK supports best. But complex ac is another story.

Honestly as end user of MSFS, I just want to see more airliners in MSFS which I guess Asobo what is not focusing in terms of SDK. Other products like lights and stuff, not really missing that. Of course, these developers will be angry about that if it is closed for them which I hope Asobo, will open that in the future to increase the opportunity. 

I would be honest with you, I just don't care if SDK is open or close, as long there are good Ariliners, aircrafts, sceneries. I am happy. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super