Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

Breaking News: PMDG will sell in the Marketplace

Just kiding, but I wasn't expecting that. It will have a delay time, but that's awesome.

Goi9jKQ.png

Source: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/126554-22may21-it-is-finally-time-for-a-bit-show-and-tell-related-to-microsoft-flight-simulator?p=127152#post127152

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

IF this is true, I was right? Is this a joke, and not real? And I was also right about it being a long time after being released on their own site. Man, I hope this is true? I wouldn't even be surprised if it's 6 month's to a year delay? Although, like I said in another post, pretty sure they came to a decent agreement on the percentage split. A special agreement, which happens all the time for some companies. May even be true for Aerosoft too. But, the bottom line is money is money. And some people are ONLY going to buy in the Market Place. Although the majority of past consumers will buy directly from them!

Once again, my X-Box question? Is there any way this product can work on an X-Box? Yes, I know it's up to the developer to sell in both places or just one!

Edited by in2tech

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

5 minutes ago, in2tech said:

IF this is true, I was right? Is this a joke, and not real? And I was also right about it being a long time after being released on their own site. Man, I hope this is true?

It is true. LOL

I was kiding about the "Breaking News" (but it actually is for me). 

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/126554-22may21-it-is-finally-time-for-a-bit-show-and-tell-related-to-microsoft-flight-simulator?p=127152#post127152

Edited by ca_metal

Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

23 minutes ago, in2tech said:

Once again, my X-Box question? Is there any way this product can work on an X-Box? Yes, I know it's up to the developer to see in both places or just one!

Being on the  marketplace, makes it very plausible. People wishing to pair this plane with an Yoke + Throttle quadrant will be well served in the console with the honeycomb peripherals.

Honeycomb Aeronautical Reveals New Controls, Xbox Support and More – FSElite

For the homecockpit guys, a gaming console makes no sense, anyways.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ca_metal said:

You should have shown the entire conversation snippet 🙂 Which you did provide a link, thanks.

First guy:

They will never sell in the Market Place. PMDG no need more money!

PMDG Boss:

Yes we will. A good percentage of sales from people that ONLY buy from the Market Place = more PROFIT!

Third Guy:

Developers site gets updated quicker before Market Place. Moot point, Market Place people DON'T care. As they ONLY look n the Market Place and not hundreds of sites for updates!

I have no clue if I will buy a PMDG product yet. But I am glad that at some point. Yes, further out from their site release and maybe 6 month's or more? People have a choice.

I also know most of the PMDG fan's will buy day one from the PMDG site. Good for them and any other developer that sells in both places!

Edited by in2tech
  • Like 2

This is great news for me and anyone who doesnt live in EUR or the USA. Parity of purchase is supported by Steam and hence the MSFS Marketplace. 

• Like 1

Cheers :)

N.-

3 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Being on the  marketplace, makes it very plausible. People wishing to pair this plane with an Yoke + Throttle quadrant will be well served in the console with the honeycomb peripherals.

Honeycomb Aeronautical Reveals New Controls, Xbox Support and More – FSElite

For the homecockpit guys, a gaming console makes no sense, anyways.

Forgot about that stuff 🙂 Well 3 people think this topic is interesting 🙂

Edited by in2tech
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, in2tech said:

You should have shown the entire conversation snippet 🙂 Which you did provide a link, thanks.

First guy:

They will never sell in the Market Place. PMDG no need more money!

PMDG Boss:

Yes we will. A good percentage of sales from people that ONLY buy from the market Place is PROFIT!

Third Guy:

Developers site gets updated quicker before Market Place. Moot point, Market Place people DON'T care. As they ONLY look n the Market Place and not hundreds of sites for updates!

I have no clue if I will buy a PMDG product yet. But I am glad that at some point. Yes, further out from their site release and maybe 6 month's or more? People have a choice.

I also know most of the PMDG fan's will buy day one from the PMDG site. Good for them and any other developer that sells in both places!

About updates and the marketplace, Robert also hinted this is one of the reasons they will delay a Marketplace release. I think they want the marketplace to have as stable as possible versions of their planes.

w3G7iug.png

Source: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/126554-22may21-it-is-finally-time-for-a-bit-show-and-tell-related-to-microsoft-flight-simulator?p=127004#post127004

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

About updates and the marketplace, Robert also hinted this is one of the reasons they will delay a Marketplace release.

I mean they could could release a few updates via their website, and even a HotFix here or there. And wait and roll them all into one before an Update made it to the Market Place. Make sure they work, etc... Makes total sense to me if a  Market Place update was delayed. Once again, MOST people will NEVER know, cause they won't look till it is in the Market Place. And I don't mean people on Avsim that get it in the Market Place. Of course they will be screaming the minute they see the site Update. Different customer!

Tell you what. This Breaking News has stunned all the "PMDG will never sell in the Market Place" people. And they won't admit it?

Edited by in2tech
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, in2tech said:

And some people are ONLY going to buy in the Market Place.

At 44.. This is my plan. (with the exception of mods of course.) The Arrow III is the only thing I really strayed off market.

I refuse to follow the same path  I, and many did with FSX/P3D/X-PLANE and having to keep an Excel spreadsheet up to date of all the stuff you bought, where you bought it from, and last time you checked for an update.

It's EXHAUSTING. We finally have a centralized marketplace. There should be no reason for fragmented distribution channels. The exposure alone for being in the in game marketplace should offset the costs of having to give some of your proceeds to MS. 

I bet Carenado sold a TON of planes off the marketplace, and I'm sure his sales would have been a heck of a lot less if he continued to sell them just in his little niche pocket of the Flight Simming world 

Edited by styckx
  • Like 10

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

29 minutes ago, styckx said:

At 44.. This is my plan. (with the exception of mods of course.) The Arrow III is the only thing I really strayed off market.

Agree market Place ONLY for me. And like you said Mod's, and of course Freeware scenery, aircraft etc... For instance the Bush League Legends X-Cub mod's, etc...

And IF there were one aircraft or tiny scenery ( think Machmell Fishery, which is actually FREE ), I really wanted. From a great small developer ( I mean really wanted and great plane or scenery ), I might BUY directly form that person!

Think Smart Phone. Although you can side load Android App's, how many people do it? Yes, I know it's a hobby with a bunch of old guys set in their ways. But MSFS is hopefully different in some ways. People HATED the word Market Place to even be brought up before. This time after the initial SHOCK, people are choosing the option they like!

New stuff is good. Just because it's there does NOT mean you have to use it! At least we have options this go around!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, styckx said:

... I refuse to follow the same path  I, and many did with FSX/P3D/X-PLANE and having to keep an Excel spreadsheet up to date of all the stuff you bought, where you bought it from, and last time you checked for an update.

It's EXHAUSTING...

You said it! Every time I start P3D, it's an ordeal. (Oh look: so and so and this and that have an update available.) I've haven't even tried in the last several months. It'll just, like you said, exhausting and kills the desire to even bother.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

For every single addon I purchased for P3D I got a notification by email every time it was updated, regardless if I got it from ORBX, SimMarket, Aerosoft, JustFlight, .....

This is the same with addons for MSFS. I don't see where's the problem.

Karl

• Like 2

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

7 minutes ago, kaha said:

For every single addon I purchased for P3D I got a notification by email every time it was updated, regardless if I got it from ORBX, SimMarket, Aerosoft, JustFlight, .....

This is the same with addons for MSFS. I don't see where's the problem.

Karl

There is No Problem, cause the customer gets to choose. Now they have a choice, before they did not. Win! Win! You buy your addon's from where you want too. Simple as that!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, in2tech said:

Tell you what. This Breaking News has stunned all the "PMDG will never sell in the Market Place" people. And they won't admit it?

If anyone really thought that, then they mustn't have been paying much attention for the past four years. Initially PMDG's boss was against the idea of a central sim-based store, but he is on record as having changed his tune about it way back in late 2017 when Flight Sim World's developers were mooting the possibility, at which time PMDG's boss expressed his support for Dovetail in trying tp develop the sim. Thus the notion of PMDG being amenable to the idea of selling through a central resource point is not exactly a new, nor is it a shocking concept.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here